Old 04-19-2016, 11:21 PM   #1

How to Protect our Wildwood

Our Wildwood is stored on our property in full sunlight, without shade. We live in the Tampa Bay region of Florida and the sun can really cause some damage to unprotected surfaces. What do you folks recommend we use to apply to the trailer to protect it from the sun's UV? Is there a "wax" or other product that is recommended?

Thanks,

I may be old but I'm trying, very trying.
2015 RAM 1500 - EcoDiesel
Rockwood Ultra V 2715VS
OldBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:41 AM   #2

Wax it for starters, most RV supply stores have the wax that's best suited for your trailer. I also would recommend getting a cover, that's what they're for... sun damage. if you can park it in a way that the sun hits it from rear to front or front to back limiting exposure to the sides, cant hurt. Wax and Cover is for sure the best protection...

Old 04-20-2016, 12:54 AM   #3

I forgot to say, post some pics of your new pride and joy... always love to see pictures!

2016 Ford Lariat F250 Super Duty
2016 Heritage Glen 337BAR
mboatwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboatwright View Post
I forgot to say, post some pics of your new pride and joy... always love to see pictures!
Thanks mboatwright for the kind response. We've actually had our Wildwood for about a year and a half buying it as a new 2015 in November, 2014. It replaced a 2011 Rockwood. We are traveling with it about as much as we are home. In fact at the moment we are camping in the Ocala National Forest at Juniper Springs.

I'll take your advice and seek out at the RV stores the best "wax" to use that will also provide ultra violet protection. I've seen enough faded trailers to know I'd like to keep ours looking like new. We'll also have to consider that cover.

Thanks again,

Rockwood Ultra V 2715VS
Old 04-20-2016, 01:48 AM   #5

Here's a great article I just read on the subject... a friend of ours uses this product. I'm thinking about giving it try myself, Aerospace 303 UV Protection... a little bit more than wax but may be worth the expense.

How To Protect The Exterior of Your RV

Check it out

2016 Ford Lariat F250 Super Duty
2016 Heritage Glen 337BAR
mboatwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboatwright View Post
Here's a great article I just read on the subject... a friend of ours uses this product. I'm thinking about giving it try myself, Aerospace 303 UV Protection... a little bit more than wax but may be worth the expense.

How To Protect The Exterior of Your RV

Check it out
Perfect! Just what I needed. Thanks!

Rockwood Ultra V 2715VS
Old 04-20-2016, 06:36 AM   #7

I would agree. A cover and wax it twice a year works best. The covers are a PIA but our 10 year old TH still looked great when we sold it. I had a cover on it for about half it's life. I am looking at a carport or similar for our new one. I'm getting to old to deal with the covers...
We have camped at ONF often, lots of off the path places to go.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBob View Post
Our Wildwood is stored on our property in full sunlight, without shade. We live in the Tampa Bay region of Florida and the sun can really cause some damage to unprotected surfaces. What do you folks recommend we use to apply to the trailer to protect it from the sun's UV? Is there a "wax" or other product that is recommended?

Thanks,
Aero 303 is a wax developed for aero-space and military planes. I use it on roof and sides it has a high uv protector. Little pricy but I think it is worth it.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:26 PM   #9

I use the Aero 303 - easy to use and stays looking good for a long time. Helps with keeping dust off too.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:20 PM   #10

Thanks to all who replied. We are up in years so I don't think we could manage the cover but will happily use that 303 twice a year. That we can do.

Mars: I agree about the Ocala National Forest. There are soooo many camping areas and tons of great trails. The wildlife is sooo interesting to watch. You don't even need to leave your campsite. Just during this past week we've seen deer, bear, turkeys and all kinds of unusual birds. We come to the Forest many times a year as it is less than a 3 hour drive for us.

Rockwood Ultra V 2715VS

Tags
wildwood