Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2015, 12:05 PM   #21
JCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckw5kav View Post
May I suggest that any trailer you look at look at the roof even if it
only a year or two old. You are looking at a 2011 trailer, 4 years old,
you nor the sale's person knows how the previous good of upkeep
they did. A dealer should have some type of a lift if there is not a
ladder on the back of the trailer. Depending on how long your trailer
is a new roof could cost you 3 or 4K or more if you have more than
roof problems from a leaky roof

Good luck
Thanks. There was a torrential rain a day before we looked at it and we didn't see anything leaking but we will check it out. In reviews, I'm seeing that the service person is really good about going over the trailer with the buyers. I sure don't want to get something my husband has to work on! He/we commercial fish during the summer and winter is NOT for more work.
JCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:18 PM   #22
Site Team

When you do find out more about this trailer please do share. I'm curious about this model as it looks so much like the model I was considering except for the few differences already noted. The pantry by the stove would had made my choice much easier. I use the TV shelf as a mini pantry which works for camping for one but I would welcome more storage that the actual pantry provides.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:37 PM   #23
Site Team

In my opinion the $12,995 sale price is on the high side for a 2011 year model. Buying an RV is like buying a car - It's make a deal. Try to get the best deal possible that you think is fair before puling the trigger on.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 03:18 PM   #24
JCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
When you do find out more about this trailer please do share. I'm curious about this model as it looks so much like the model I was considering except for the few differences already noted. The pantry by the stove would had made my choice much easier. I use the TV shelf as a mini pantry which works for camping for one but I would welcome more storage that the actual pantry provides.
Will do. We will probably go down there early next week if it's still available and I'll get more info.
JCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:58 PM   #25
2011 FR Wildwood 26 Ft

I have a 2011 26 ft Wildwood Heritage Glenn with Rear living area, slide-out, and awning. It has been used by two adults for about two months and towed about 6000 miles with a F-150. Asking 12,500. It is located in Palm Bay FL.
PBTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 08:54 PM   #26

We have Wildwood X-lite

JCO: We have a 2014 Wildwood X-lite FS 185RB that we bought new last April. Below is our exact model on sale in TX. They list the price as on sale for almost $11,000, down from over $16,000. I know that different areas of the country vary widely. We live in Pennsylvania and paid slightly over $10,000 for ours new. The pantry is the 2 tall cabinets with one shelf each next to the stove. The bathroom door and wall is angled between the wardrobe and the pantry. We've only had our TT for a short time, but we haven't had any problems and are enjoying it so far. It's very easy to tow.

New 2014 Forest River RV Wildwood X Lite FS 185RB Travel Trailer at Fun Town RV | Cleburne, TX | #133143

I know yours is a different year and model, but maybe there are similarities. Hope this helps.

Jan
Doug and Jan Hill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, wildwood