Old 03-15-2016, 09:44 PM   #11
Thank for all the great advice , the tires are from 07 , the Ac works, the stove works, the heat works, I have 2 ceiling lights that don't work yet the other 6 works ( kinda strange) the bulbs are good and fuses appear to be good. I have not tested the plumbing at all. The electric brakes worked when we hailed to my place , the bearings I'm not sure about , do I just look for dirty grease? I changed the bearings out on a pop up so am a bit familiar I suppose. The corner mold on the outside needs to be pushed back on and nailed or screwed . All in all seems decent but I feel a bit uncertain. That's a lot of info but I guess we can start with it , lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:32 AM   #12
I would pull the wheel and hub do visual inspection on brakes pull bearings; clean inspect repack with grease reinstall. But I'm anal like that. My brother will drive it until the wheels fall off then fix it. He thinks I'm crazy. But I would rather fix things at home versus the side of the highway.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
Nights camping in 2016: 19 nights
Miles traveled in 2016: 2,575
uhduh camping is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:43 AM   #13
1/4 cup of bleach for every 15 gallons of water that your fresh water tank will hold.

Let the solution sit over night in the tank.

Using the water pump run the mix thru every faucet the unit has for a few gallons each, outside shower?

Be sure to run some out the low point drains.

After the tank is empty refill and drain till you can no longer smell bleach.

Check the water pump bowl screen and faucet aerators for debris.

Remove the water heater anode rod, flush the tank out.
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:53 AM   #14
Originally Posted by mrpep View Post
Good tips, this weekend I plan to drain the winterizing solution out and run water and then fire up the hot water heater, kinda intimidating since I've never done this on a trailer, lol
Replace your "hot" water heater with one that heats cold water.
dea49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:57 PM   #15
Good tips, with work and this Weather I have not had a lot of time but I did a couple of things today. I drained the plumbing and cleaned the aluminum siding and I'm glad to say that there is hope. I used CLR and a hard brush with a handle. I also need to find covers to 2 lights , where the heck will I be able to find light covers for a 1998? I'm gonna try the RV store nearby tonmorrow. So now that I got that winterizing solution out , do I just fill the pooper with water and bleach and fill the sink as well? Also, what if I hit the siding with a power washer? Is that safe ? Also, I notice that some of my window seals are cracked off , dry rot looks like , where can I get that permanent rubber window seal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrpep is offline   Reply With Quote