Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2015, 08:29 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinostop View Post
I'm just upset that I was told 5 week until my new unit would come in and it has now been 8 weeks. Not their fault, falls on Forest River but getting a bit frustrated. Came off the line over 2 weeks ago. Was sent to the shipping yard last Friday supposedly and still no camper.

I've come to accept that there don't seem to be any "absolutes" in the RV Dealer business. Some are good, some are bad, some are on time, some are delayed. I get it though. It sucks being told one thing, and experiencing another. You should as your dealer if there is anything they can do for you to soften the blow of waiting. If your dealer is understanding and gets the concept of word of mouth advertising, they may be more inclined to do something for you.
stantyszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:41 AM   #22

Just jumped into the water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinostop View Post
I'm just upset that I was told 5 week until my new unit would come in and it has now been 8 weeks. Not their fault, falls on Forest River but getting a bit frustrated. Came off the line over 2 weeks ago. Was sent to the shipping yard last Friday supposedly and still no camper.

I was told about 8 weeks also and mine was built during winter months.
It ended up at about 10 weeks or so.

Hell don't rush them. Lol

Hopefully it will help with less issues in the end

Tim

tlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:45 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlambert View Post
I was told about 8 weeks also and mine was built during winter months.
It ended up at about 10 weeks or so.

Hell don't rush them. Lol

Hopefully it will help with less issues in the end

Tim

I have to agree here. Don't rush them, lord only knows if you do - the tires may fall off! Seriously though, if it takes a little longer maybe that equals a little more quality control. I guess it is a lot like new home construction. Seems like there is always a hitch that throws the timeline off.
stantyszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:34 AM   #24

We had a great experience with Joe and Kyle at Ruff's. I asked to read the owners manuals the week before we picked up the unit. My H and I each read it twice and made notes whenever the manual seemed unclear. Ryan said that he had very few customers who asked questions and spent a lot of time during the inspection.

Joe was kind enough to permit us to "camp" in their lot so we could have any additional questions answered. Our trailer was a basic unit that had to give them a very small profit, but they treated us like a valued customer.

Although we live more than 6 hours away from Ruff's, we will definitely return to them when we upgrade.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:55 PM   #25

Finally got my new unit this past Friday. Made sure I took my time on this walk through. There were a couple of items they were unsure of as this was the first one like this they had ever sold much less seen. They came across a few items that were missing prior to me getting there so they put an order in to FR for the replacement parts. They also threw in a few extras for my trouble of having to wait so long for it to arrive. As well as they winterized the new unit for me. Now I get the waiting game for spring to come before I get to use it.

Eastlake, Ohio
2013 F-350 Turbo Diesel
2016 Heritage Glen 368rlbh
Dinostop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water