Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #1

Just purchased 2013 New 31 BKIS-- Any Tips for a first time TT Owner?

I just purchased 2013 New 31 BKIS-- Any Tips for a first time TT Owner?

I have been camping for years in tents and my grandparent's class C but new to the whole TT thing. Any advice from 31BKIS owners or others would be greatly appreciated
carellifamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #2

My advice would be to relax and have fun. Don't sweat the small stuff. Lots of great info here. Visit often and if you run into a issue you aren't sure about just post the question. Welcome
Aboard..
Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #3

Welcome Aboard and have Fun.
1970 Restored Cushman Trackster
Olratlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #4

I purchased the exact same unit in August and we've had quite the nightmare with failed components on ours, however the dealer was great to deal with and after 4 separate visits (the RV staying a week at a time) all of our concerns had been addressed.

Two things to watch for on this particular unit:
1. Make sure the slides are properly adjusted, ours weren't and while towing during a strong rain our unit took on severe amounts of water that came in between the bottom of the slides (all 3) and the floor.
2. the factory tires are complete garbage, I towed on them once while the new Goodyears where on order and it reinforced my decision to get rid of them asap.
The dealer only had access to the Marathon's so that's what they threw in the deal, however I've had great luck with the Maxxis brand on previous rigs.

we've got around 3000km's worth of towing on this trailer and 25 nights since we bought it, and the layout and functionality of this unit is great with 2 kids.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #5

Use it! Have Fun, and don't fret about what may happen. Just relax drink beer and enjoy your investment! Use common sense and use the form for specific questions. And don't make the mistake that just because it ain't your model the info won't help. Most TT are using the same suppliers and products!

Good Luck and Happy Camping!

Dave 2013 30RKSS
David 01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, first time