Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2008, 06:58 AM   #1

Angry Leaks

I have a brand new 2007 Wildwood with all the bells and whistles, and am so unhappy. It began with Concertone needing to be replaced, hot water heating element burned out from factory delivery in the "on" position, doors needing to be shaved in order to close and now worst of all it has begun to rain in Upstate NY and there is such a leak in the dining area puddles form. It took weeks for the dealer to send someone out and now molding, panels, carpeting etc will all have to be replaced at a minimum. The dealer believes Forest River will want this trailer sent back to the factory (I am on a permanent site) and then send it back after several weeks of repair. Not only will I lose a month out of my 3 month summer I will have to pack everything up, put in a temporary trailer or storage, and then move back in to trailer when it returns.
Has anyone ever heard of someone getting Forest River to replace the whole RV? I am concerned about long term effects of mold as well as resale value.
I am interested in what you think.:
unhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:12 AM   #2

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your troubles with your trailer. And while I appreciate your dissatisfaction with your trailer it appears from your UserID that you have only joined our forum to voice it.

We here at FRF are not about "trashing" anything for the sole purpose of "trashing" it. There are plenty of other forums on the web that would love to hear about your experience/dissatisfaction with your first post. FRF is NOT one of them. We are an RV'n community that loves to camp and help each other out. If your sole purpose is to make posts about the quality or lack thereof and your "unhappy"ness of Forest River then please do so elsewhere.

If I am wrong then please correct me.

greg

FRF admin
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:19 AM   #3

Greg
I'm sorry you find my posting so disparaging...I am not sure why. I have read the rules of the group and did not feel that my question about anyone else hearing of the kind of trouble I am having was "flaming" etc.

Flaming of any sort will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to, any message that deliberately insults, verbally attacks, provokes or maliciously harasses any member or non-member of this community. These posts will be removed from the board or edited as soon as a moderator becomes aware of them.

Disguised indirect attacks will also be considered flaming. A member who uses this method will be given a warning and the offending post will be removed. An example of indirect flaming would be saying hurtful things about a member but never actually mentioning their name. These tactics are perfectly obvious to any thinking person and should not be used here.

Posts that disparage anyone's religion, race, nationality, gender or sexual orientation will be removed.

As a first time RV owner I mistakenly thought your site would find a way to encourage me to get these issues resolved and move on to happier times.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Please remove me from your group...I will try to do the same.
Jeanne
unhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:38 PM   #4
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Hello and welcome.

Some of your problems are pretty common within the RV industry. I experienced many problems with my last trailer...right outta the starting blocks as well. (and my list was MUCH longer than your list!) My biggest problem was...you guessed it....WATER LEAKS! (it was a brand new Keystone Outback)

The first day I owned my new unit, I was 'shop-vacing' water out of my floor heat ducts! (you wanna talk about MAD!) Turns out it had a bad door installation. After many 'attempted' fixes at the dealer...I asked them to replace the entire door with the next years model. (they improved the door...go figure! It took a full year of fixes before I got the new one) After that...it was fixed. It also had water leaking in slides, and windows.

I also had ill fitting cupboard doors...which they simply adjusted to fix.

My water heater didn't work in electric mode either. After they fixed it, it worked a little while and then broke again. (no, I didn't run it without water)

These were only a couple problems...but there were about 20 other issues as well. Everything from leaking skylight, leaking shower, leaking antennae, leaking window, etc..

Long story short...I went from happy to unhappy...really quick. Once all the problems were worked out...I was in love with that trailer.

Hang in there! Things should be fixed under warranty to your liking. I never had any lasting water damage, (mostly because I was on top of it and prevented further damage myself) nor any mold issues. I would think they will ensure it's done right...but make your concerns know to all...including the manufacturer.

...the squeaky wheel gets the grease...if you know what I mean.
Good luck.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:52 PM   #5

I too, also began with the replacement of my Concertone! These are commonly replaced by many of us on this forum. Mine went bad the first day home. The door adjustments are also somewhat common, as the unit is moved after leaving the factory, "settling in" to being moved around. The water heater is their screw up for sure, and I would definitely let the dealer know about that one, also the leak issues- as slow as sales of new RV's are at least in this part of the country, there's no excuse for that long of a wait to get service. I would call the factory rep. to get someone on that.
These Forest River campers are very good units overall, and as previously stated by Jolly Mon, once the few problems are corrected, they are great units! Good Luck, and don't get discouraged! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 02:45 AM   #6
Site Team

Greg, I know you are FRF admin but you really jumped on that poor woman.
We might have been inclined to give some sympathy/advice rather than telling her not to post complaints.

Just my 2¢
I'm moderator of 2 other chat groups and been "doing this stuff" for
10 years if that means anything......

Happy 4th.
I plan to drink moderate amounts of alcohol
Cook large pieces of dead animals
Watch my sons shoot off way more dollars in fireworks than they
can afford
and not worry about life in general for the next 3 days!!!

Peace!
KyDan
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 09:06 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
Greg, I know you are FRF admin but you really jumped on that poor woman.
We might have been inclined to give some sympathy/advice rather than telling her not to post complaints.

Just my 2¢
I'm moderator of 2 other chat groups and been "doing this stuff" for
10 years if that means anything......
Lately we have had several SPAMMERs, trouble starters, what have you. The screen name "unhappy" followed by a first post with nothing but complaints in my judgment appeared to be someone starting trouble. Had the screen name been something other than what it was then my response would have probably been different.

If she, you, or anyone else didn’t like my response I apologize but I stand by it. First posts that right away are complaints and grips without an intro are not welcome, at least not to me. Tell us about yourself. Let us know what you have. Ask questions. Don’t start trashing a manufacturer and/or product right from the get go. Pick a userID that you plan on using as a contributing member of the forum, “unhappy” to me doesn’t seem like a userID that will stick around. To me the post was fishing for more complaints from people.
Never once in my post did I say her post was in violation of any forum rules. I just didn’t care for the tone of the post and the userID chosen going along with the post.

What’s done is done.

And BTW I don't think I "jumped" on anyone.

greg
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:17 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with Greg...the member name "Unhappy" makes it pretty clear to me of what the intent of posting was for.

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood