Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2016, 03:49 PM   #1

leveling jacks on Heritage Glens

How hard is it to level these campers. Im looking at the 356QB and it has power jacks all around but doesn't mention that it is self leveling. I would presume you have to get blocks under the pads and then hit the jacks to raise it up.
Ander254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:59 PM   #2

You can't use the jacks to level it. I level mine with blocks under the wheels for the side to side level and then the landing gear to level it front to back. Th last time I had it out was the most leveling I had to do at the wheels and it was just a 2x8 under one side and one of the Lego blocks under one of the landing gear legs.

2000 F250 CC 4x4 7.3L diesel

15 Salem Hemisphere Lite356QB
Tfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 08:04 PM   #3

X2 on leveling with blocks but in my case I use Andersen Leveler. Very easy. Then, retract the stabilizer jacks. This are not used to "level". Just retract until it touches the ground or block and a bit more. These then reduce the bounce of the tires and front jack where all the weight is placed. Hence....stabilizers.
80gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 01:05 PM   #4
2014 Heritage Glen

My 2013 298RE travel trailer has electric leveling jacks, front and rear. The front jacks are on the same gear. They extend or retract at the same rate. The rear are the same. I use blocks under the tires to bring up the "low side" of the trailer until it shows "level", side to side. I then use the front tongue jack (electric) to level the the unit front to rear. Then I put down the front and rear leveling jacks to stabilize the whole unit. These jacks are not to level the unit, only to stabilize it and reduce the motion when you walk inside. I had a motorhome before that had individual leveling jacks. These don't do that. I did find that, after getting the unit level and stabilizers out, putting the slides (three of them) out put the unit "off level". I use wedge shape blocks so I had to hitch up again, raise the tongue jack and front and back stabilizers, pull the unit forward on the wedges until it was level, and then put the jack and stabilizers back out. Not sure if it's a good idea to move the unit but it was only a few inches and I took it easy! Sewer, water and electric still hooked up! This was on a gravel campsite. Most cement pads are pretty level.
Rwgrigg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, leveling