Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2014, 10:40 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Go to Wally world and pick up a 25 foot Rhino hose for the black and gray tank a 10 foot extension.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...178,bs.1,d.b2I

Then get a 50 foot or two twenty five foot fresh water hose/s they are white.

Buy an ordinary 50 foot garden hose, use this for other than water that goes into the trailer.

Give thought to a heavy duty 110/120/115 extension cord in the 50 -75 foot range.

The Wally world mat will do just fine ours is 9X12 foot.
what is the 50 ft garden hose for? just curious. Would I need the fresh water hose if we don't plan on drinking the water in the storage tanks? We plan on only using that water for showers, dishes, etc.
AWILLIAMS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:51 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWILLIAMS64 View Post
what is the 50 ft garden hose for? just curious. Would I need the fresh water hose if we don't plan on drinking the water in the storage tanks? We plan on only using that water for showers, dishes, etc.
Would you want to wash out your stinky slinky with the same hose you will use to run water over your head?
Cross contamination/back flow happens SO easy it's freakin weird.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:55 PM   #23

Does the tt come with a sewer hose or is the Rhino that much better? I've seen comments about it before but wasn't sure.
laurarice26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Would you want to wash out your stinky slinky with the same hose you will use to run water over your head?
Cross contamination/back flow happens SO easy it's freakin weird.

ah good point, We will only be going for a couple days at a time so I was planning on dumping at my house into my septic. definitely understand the extra hose now.

laura, Mine did not come with a sewer hose.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:06 PM   #25

Mine came with the el cheapo blue thing which is still in the bag, I will use it as a backup or give it to someone who needs it more than I.

Wally's has Rhino and another brand who's name escape's me now, but both of these are much thicker and better built with swivel ends.

Be sure to pick up a 5 or 6 inch high X what ever you think will fit plastic tote to store the Rhino in.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:38 PM   #26

dealer told me to store the sewer hose in the rear bumper.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:53 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWILLIAMS64 View Post
dealer told me to store the sewer hose in the rear bumper.
I do not know how big your bumper is but the rhino would not fit mine because the ends are to big, the dealer told me before I left I would likely loose the end caps off the bumper well he was right so I screwed them on.

So storage in the bumper is not what I have, over the years I have seen a lot of the cheap blue hoses on the side of the road that may or may not have come out of a bumper.

If you do not want a tote then perhaps this.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...Ce0jjS-KTWc3cg
Old 04-06-2014, 11:26 AM   #28

Different walmart's have different selections depending if there is a lot of camping in the area. Overall Walmart and amazon are usually cheaper then dealers or camping world. Rhino sewer hose is awesome and so are lynx leveling (orange blocks). I also like the orange tank cleaner walmart carries they have drop ins, small, bottles and gallon bottles. A good patty-o mat is also very useful but bigger is not always better, I bought biggest and wish I bought 2 smaller ones. After going through a few cheap water hose invested in a lifetime one from dealer and it was 1/3 more expensive but it's been replaced twice so now I'm saving.
CincyED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:32 AM   #29

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyED View Post
Different walmart's have different selections depending if there is a lot of camping in the area. Overall Walmart and amazon are usually cheaper then dealers or camping world. Rhino sewer hose is awesome and so are lynx leveling (orange blocks). I also like the orange tank cleaner walmart carries they have drop ins, small, bottles and gallon bottles. A good patty-o mat is also very useful but bigger is not always better, I bought biggest and wish I bought 2 smaller ones. After going through a few cheap water hose invested in a lifetime one from dealer and it was 1/3 more expensive but it's been replaced twice so now I'm saving.

Forgive me for asking but why is it you go thru so many water hoses?
Old 04-06-2014, 08:34 PM   #30

Not sure but if you inspect the white Rv hoses you will see some big differences in quality some are more rigid or flimsy normally after a year or two the would leak were the crimp connection is on the end of the hose. Not sure if it was the exposure to so much sun or storing them in the camper over winter but I always drain them before I put them away. I only do a loose wrap when putting them away also about the size of a paper plate.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:34 PM   #31

What brand hose does everyone like?
Old 04-09-2014, 05:46 AM   #32

Not sure I think it's a aqua flex it is rigid and the ends are more sturdy then the hoses at Walmart. Rhino is a awesome sewer hose but is a very tight fit in the square bumper and the bumper caps do come out. I put 2 5x5 fence post and 1 conduit box under mine I can fit rhino and small piece for my tote with ease.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	49473  
Old 04-09-2014, 05:48 AM   #33

2nd pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	49474  
Old 06-17-2014, 06:58 PM   #34

Well, We've had two trips and have enjoyed them both. We can't store our TT at our home. Where do you rinse out the Rhino hose besides running water through it to the dump station? I'm also curious. Do you spray any water down the commode besides the flushed water?