Old 04-02-2014, 03:48 AM   #1

looking to get first tt

I posted in another topic and then I found this subforum. Seemed to better fit now that I have kind of narrowed down choices. I am looking at out first travel trailer. Only have tent camped up to this point. My daughter and I, and if I had somewhere nice to sleep, my wife are looking for a nice small travel trailer. I came across adds for the 185rb and 195bh models. Either one can be bought for just under 10k new for the 2014. 2014 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 185RB Travel Trailer Troy, OH Arbogast RVs

has anyone had any experience with either of these? or let me know if they would be good for basic camping. I ride trials motorcycles and we camp at least 10 weekends a year just for that activity. Usually only 1 night at a time, maybe 2 nights. Dealer is also local to me, so service would be good I would think.

I have a 2010 Honda ridgeline to tow, that is why I am trying to keep the tt as small as possible and keep the weight low. I have a capacity of 5k. I already have electric brakes for my work trailer.

Old 04-02-2014, 11:47 PM   #2

We have the 195bh and like it. we also went from tent camping to this so we were looking for something basic. Now i dont think i could go back to a tent. we try and camp once a month. the max weight of our trailer is around 3900 but we are actually closer to 3500-3700. We pull it with a 2005 ford explorer with a V8. Not sure if you plan on taking the motorcycles in the ridgeline also. If you do they will cut back on what you can tow.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:29 AM   #3
Site Team

That floor plan is very similar to the one I have (different line) & it works well for my use. I didn't notice any slide outs which could make a difference with more than one person in it. With that said not having slide outs is one less thing to maintain.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:13 AM   #4

My bike only weighs about 170 lbs so I would still be under 5k total. Thank for the replies on these smaller ones. Going to try tomorrow to take a look. Not even sure if I want the bunkhouse model. I may get the rear bath model because there will be a max of 3 people camping.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:20 PM   #5

Wife and I went and looked today and we definitely liked the rear bath model over the bunkhouse. They had several so I let her pick out the one she liked with the fabric color. Applied for the credit which should be no problem. I hope we got a good deal. $10880 out the door w/ tax and fees and they are installing a deep cycle battery and filling up my propane tank. Hopefully picking it up tomorrow. They did offer a 7 year complete warranty but it was $1100.. are these warrantys work buying? seems kind of pricey but...
Old 04-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #6
Site Team

Forest River offers a second year warranty on most of their units and can be as low as $150 depending on which unit you have. I will search for the link to the warranty thread and post it for you to review.

Here's the link. The 2nd year warranty discussion is located in the Dollars & Cents forum but there are several threads on this topic.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:42 PM   #7

Thanks. That's much more reasonable.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:53 PM   #8
Site Team

Key note - dealers are not required to inform you of the 2nd year warranty and many will act like they know nothing about it. Remember that the dealer makes money off of the plan they sell.

Old 04-04-2014, 04:39 AM   #9

going to pick her up Friday at 1:30. I now have thought of other questions to ask that I forgot to when I was there. I didn't ask if the fridge will work on 12v. I highly doubt it but I forgot to ask. I know its not a propane based one in this model.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:24 AM   #10

If its not the propane one then its like a standard bar type fridge like ours and it only runs on 120v