Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2017, 01:49 PM   #1

Loving it more each time - 356QBQ

My 2015 Wildwood 356 QBQ was bought new, and I have had almost zero problems with it. So, every time I camp, I feel I made a good choice.

But, in the last two years, I have continued to search for other 5th wheels with the same value per dollar. Of course, I understand not everyone wants two bedrooms and two full baths, but that is what we wanted.

Anyway, considering the general fit and finish, and the amenities included, I have not found ANYTHING to compare with it (except the Hemisphere line, which is basically the same thing) I have looked at other brands, and yet, for some reason, no one puts it all together like the 356. I am not opposed to trading this one in, if I could find at least the same options. But here is what I consider the best things, and then I will list the things I don't like:
THINGS I LIKE
  • Two full baths
  • Two bedrooms
  • Outside kitchen with fridge
  • King bed and two entrances to the front Bath
  • Outside TV connection and bracket and outside speakers
  • Additional entrance door

THINGS I DON'T LIKE
  • No auto level
  • Noisy AC
  • Couch doesn't face TV inside, so watching TV isn't comfortable
  • Would like a fireplace
MOODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:27 AM   #2

We do our final walkthrough on our 2017 356QB which is a little different next Saturday. We looked at 50+ floorplans and couldn't find anything that compared. Our must haves were 2 bedroom and 2 baths for the kiddos.

The floor space in the back room is amazing. It feels like a home.
justin81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:31 AM   #3

My entire TT would fit in half of yours with a bedroom left over lol
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:48 PM   #4

Just a tip or two...
Check that the tires that come on the camper are rated for the weight. Also, be sure that the outside video feed works. Our does not, and the wire is in the wall so we can't get to it. I think they hooked ours up wrong.

I am curious if the newest 2017 version has quiet cool in the AC. Our front AC is so noisy, we really can't sleep when its on.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:19 AM   #5

The DW and I purchased a 2017 356QB earlier this year. We finally got to camp in it over spring break in Gulf Shores, AL. I can say the ACs are not loud, but they are not quite either. A feature we were not sure about when we bought it was the fireplace, but it has been a great addition to the 5er and on cool mornings really heats up the living room/kitchen well.

Things we like:

Residential Refrigerator
Fireplace
2 bathrooms
Outdoor Kitchen(grill & refrigerator)
Swingable TV brackets
Blue LED lights on outside underbelly
Back door

Things we don't like:

Haven't found any yet!!
schwabml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:32 AM   #6

My wife and I full time in our 2017 356QB with three kids and two dogs. We looked at some trailers that had better amenities and nicer fit and finish but nothing came close to this floor plan and nothing was less than $40K new. We love ours.
skidsareforkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:06 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwabml View Post

Things we like:

Residential Refrigerator
Fireplace
2 bathrooms
Outdoor Kitchen(grill & refrigerator)
Swingable TV brackets
Blue LED lights on outside underbelly
Back door...
Hmmm. My 2015 didn't come with a fireplace or blue lights. I would have liked to have a fireplace too. But I can live without it - and the blue lights

Does anyone know if the chassis will support the addition of aftermarket self-levelers? Someone told me that the frame isn't strong enough, but that doesn't make sense to me. After all, if it will support the whole trailer, why would levelers change that?
Old 04-17-2017, 02:56 PM   #8

I talked about auto leveler with other "RV" people just in conversation and they told me the same that the frame might need to be heavier duty otherwise the levelers could actually twist the frame. Not sure how true that is but sounded correct. You would almost think now days if it could support it it would be a factory option.
kzoromski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:08 PM   #9

I hear you, but it seems odd, since other RVs have that option and they are heavier than mine. Does anyone know the truth of this question?
Old 04-17-2017, 03:30 PM   #10

AC are somewhat loud. Work nice. But loud. Installed a maxx fan deluxe in the living room few weeks ago. They run very quiet up to about 90-100% and even then they are 1/2 the ac. I am hoping this will help with all but the hottest days. We'll see. I also saw a mod on YouTube that caught my eye a lot. I will try and post the link and a pic of my new fan.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:32 PM   #11

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1753.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	135004
Old 04-17-2017, 03:33 PM   #12

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	135005
Old 04-17-2017, 03:34 PM   #13

https://youtu.be/DT7-2uREC4o
Old 04-17-2017, 03:35 PM   #14

Anyone know why it posts 2 pics always?
Old 04-17-2017, 05:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzoromski View Post
Anyone know why it posts 2 pics always?

It doesn't, it's just how you see it right after you post. It cleans itself up after a few minutes and everybody only sees one pic.
skidsareforkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOODMAN View Post
Hmmm. My 2015 didn't come with a fireplace or blue lights. I would have liked to have a fireplace too. But I can live without it - and the blue lights

Does anyone know if the chassis will support the addition of aftermarket self-levelers? Someone told me that the frame isn't strong enough, but that doesn't make sense to me. After all, if it will support the whole trailer, why would levelers change that?

I do t have the same unit you have but I do have a 2016 Heritage Glen 368RLBHK which is 42' long. I have a Lipert frame and Lipert installed their 6 jack hydraulic auto leveler system at their factory last spring for me and it retains the factory warranties. Not sure if that helps or not.
Dinostop is offline   Reply With Quote