Old 08-26-2015, 07:12 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Complaining about an issue is fine, but what you do about it completes the story and helps others!
I agree, so many people come on here to complain, rightfully so and myself included sometimes but never finish the story and tell what happened. No offense intended to anyone about complaining either.

If a dealer has your RV for 3 months to do a repair it's the dealer's fault, not Forest River.

TN_Cruise_Lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 02:40 PM   #22
GB

I will say this about the CW forums, it was only one day after I posted this issue that someone from CW executive contacted me and things started happening with the camper. Totally different atmosphere here. How dare I complain about shotty workmanship. I agree that CW is part of the problem but the problem originates at the FR factory, CW only compounds the problem that was already there. You want solutions? Well here's one; I highly suggest that FR perform quality checks on their units before they are shipped. Some of the stuff that had to be fixed on the unit was just plain stupid stuff that should have never made it out of the factory.

gbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:26 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
...How dare I complain about shotty workmanship...
Thats not it at all. Forest River lets some pretty bad things go down the pipe and it really needs to improve. I think a lot of us have rose-colored glasses on when we pick up our new RV and only find quality issues after we get home and the dealer has your money in their pocket.

What I was saying is normally these types of complaints are really about the dealer dragging their feet and not getting issues repaired correctly or in a reasonable amount of time. Its rare to find an RV dealer that does warranty repairs quickly and I have no clue why. Glad that CW is stepping up and treating you right.
TN_Cruise_Lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 05:07 PM   #24
Avid outdoorsman

Well I can say with my second FR trailer and the issues I have had right from the lot the quality has gone way down , the first being a toy-hauler was probably a little more solid , but the Heritage Glen I have bought seems to befalling apart at the seams with only 2 trips.

Both slides are not aligned properly and ripping the seals and wrecking the lino, dust filling the trailer up. Everything seems cheaply made and put together compared to the old unit. The price we pay over here in Canada I expected better. I wanted a lighter unit now , but really regret my decision with FR trailer again as I do not think this trailer is going to last me the 6 or 7 years I was planning to keep it for. First day I took it to the lake all the curtain rods came right out of the walls and ended up banging around , messing up the blinds to
dahmmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:04 PM   #25
GB

Praise God we got our camper back today.

Dahmmer, sounds like you're having the same problem with your slides we had. The seal was replaced 3 times and the floor replaced once before CW finally go the slide aligned properly. I don't know what they had to do but it seems to be working right now. Yes, the unit was put together sloppily with no quality checks what so ever. Plenty of stripped out screws, loose and crooked trim, missing parts, etc.

On the plus side, we finally get to go camping this weekend for the first time since June. Halleluiah! We pray nothing else major goes wrong with the camper.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:46 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
Praise God we got our camper back today.

Dahmmer, sounds like you're having the same problem with your slides we had. The seal was replaced 3 times and the floor replaced once before CW finally go the slide aligned properly. I don't know what they had to do but it seems to be working right now. Yes, the unit was put together sloppily with no quality checks what so ever. Plenty of stripped out screws, loose and crooked trim, missing parts, etc.

On the plus side, we finally get to go camping this weekend for the first time since June. Halleluiah! We pray nothing else major goes wrong with the camper.

Dahmmer, you are not alone, Forest River has many quality issues and pass along the lack of quality control for the sDealers to fix. The Dealer will fix nothing (or very little) until the unit is sold. Forest River (it seems) does not ok and pay for repairs (if known) until there is an owner of the unit and said owner asks for 'warranty' work. These RV dealers are nothing like car dealers. Car dealers will fix all known bugs and issues before the car leaves the lot. RV dealers must ask/beg (pictures/e-mail/ 'proof')for Forest River to reimburse them for any bugs on the units (and only after it is sold). I have had slide issues of bucking and grinding and not moving for over two years, along with many other minor and major problems. I am 'told' that it is not 'just' Forest River that has such quality control problems and follow up repairs, but all of the 'industry'. I really don't believe that myself, for all (and I mean all) contact that I have had with Forest River about the many issues of my unit have been met with an aloof attitude. Go ahead and vent, as there are dozens of 'quality control and dealer' problem threads on this forum.

Welcome to the forum

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:54 PM   #27

Major Issues with Heritage Glen 327RE

What I saw at factory tours this past July was Forest River is listening! They are adding mid line QC inspections and making those that create issues fix them. The line lead hand responsible fixes the problem and takes the solution back to his team to implement. This certainly is not ISO certifiable but a step towards less issues. I agree with many posters there is room for improvement by also agree with the manufacturer. At what cost are you willing to pay for this? This is a business and they are here to satisfy the stockholder, maybe even your very own 401K. I see improvement since I bought my first TT, lets hope the QC continues.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:20 PM   #28

Forrest River Quality Control has retired!

We bought a 2015 Forrest River Wild Wood Heritage Glenn from Dothan, Ala. this spring very excited to spend the summer camping.. Well we had it a week, and the super slide out was making a noise I felt uncomfortable with.. Took it over to camping World, Gulf Breeze, and they kept it all summer. Evidently Forrest River don't know what they put into their units as they sent wrong parts to our camping world service dept three times. It took pictures, emails, & phone calls to Lippert and Forrest River to finally get the correct parts.. Now, It is back in the camping world lot to have the top seal and inside cabinet repaired and dried out..This is just the latest of the issues we have had with this unit.. The curtains were incorrectly hung which resulted in extra holes in the wall (free of charge) the microwave overheated, almost setting the unit on fire, That was also replaced by warrantee work missing and unattached molding pieces had to be re attached the lamp fixtures were installed by persons who did not know how to use a level, which resulted in more free holes in the wall.. I can not imagine how a 40+thousand dollar unit could pass any quality control point with these faults I might suggest if you are in the market for a new camping unit to look elsewhere before choosing Forrest river. /By the way, I can not praise the folks over at the Gulf Breeze camping world enough for the headaches they had to suffer in order to work with Lippert and Forrest River..Those folks have been extremely helpful in trying to get our unit back into service.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:53 AM   #29
GB

Yep, plenty of free holes in our unit too. I'm guessing FR is paying some smuck with a drill driver $10 an hour to put the screws in, stripping them all out in the process. Then they have issues with CW charging them $75 an hour to fix them. Well why not give the smuck a regular screwdriver and pay him $15 an hour to do the job right instead of squabbling with CW over repairing the unit? No camping for June, July, or August this year because of FR quality and CW repairs. Worst year of camping ever for us and for the first time in over 10 years no long summer trip. Now we're having issues with the electrical this trip (batteries not charging) so more warranty work and more lost camping time. Will it never end?
Old 09-07-2015, 09:00 PM   #30
GB

OK, here's Kudos to Camping World of Dothan for a job well done and done quickly. You heard me, CW did a repair quickly. Let me explain.

As you know if you are following this thread, we went camping this weekend for the first time in 3 months. Things were beginning to turn sour when we woke to dead batteries Sunday morning. After a little troubleshooting I determined the converter crapped out. Of course dead batteries and no converter meant nothing DC would work, including the motors to pull in the slides and raise the jacks as well as the main AC which requires DC for the thermostat and all the lights. Luckily we were close enough to home that I was able to run home and get a battery charger which I used to charge the batteries enough to get all the DC stuff working. On Monday we broke camp a little early to allow time to run the unit back to CW for what I expected to be another lengthy repair. Surprise! James at the service desk says if you don't mind waiting a little while we'll get that fixed right now. Wow! I didn't expect to hear that. About an hour later we were leaving CW with a new converter installed. Now that's what I call service.

Thank you CW of Dothan for the quick turn. GB