Old 09-16-2015, 10:11 PM   #31

GBrown, I got a call today that parts have arrived this afternoon.. I was told that I might be able to pick up our unit tomorrow evening..We plan on taking it out the following weekend to see what else is broken.. I pray that we will have all of the bugs removed this time..Summer camping that we had planned went out the window when it was taken in for the sofa slide repair and they kept it for 3 weeks sending parts back and forth to Lippert. You would think with a vin number, they would have a parts list and a general layout for the basics such as slides and major parts.. fingers crossed, Good luck to y'all..

Old 09-17-2015, 05:40 PM   #32
GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire Wrat View Post
GBrown, I got a call today that parts have arrived this afternoon.. I was told that I might be able to pick up our unit tomorrow evening..We plan on taking it out the following weekend to see what else is broken.. I pray that we will have all of the bugs removed this time..Summer camping that we had planned went out the window when it was taken in for the sofa slide repair and they kept it for 3 weeks sending parts back and forth to Lippert. You would think with a vin number, they would have a parts list and a general layout for the basics such as slides and major parts.. fingers crossed, Good luck to y'all..
Let us know how things go. We're taking ours out again this weekend. Hoping for an uneventful trip this time.

gbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 09:25 PM   #33
GB

Well an uneventful trip is looking like an impossibility with this unit. The water pump crapped out this trip. We'll be taking the camper in soon with the list of left over discrepancies from the summer CW debacle along with all the new broken stuff. We hoped this would be the last camper purchase for a while but it's not looking good. Sure wish we could rewind to the spring a pick a different unit. Oh well. At least it's the off season now and CW can have all winter to get things fixed.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:26 PM   #34

Got mine back in the driveway, loading it up for a long trip.. While lubricating the slide out seals, I found some on the top of the recliner slide torn, and a screw misaligned in the bedroom slide. So We will take it out on our trip, and if anything else fails on it I might just stop by Elkhart, Indiana.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:12 AM   #35
GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire Wrat View Post
Got mine back in the driveway, loading it up for a long trip.. While lubricating the slide out seals, I found some on the top of the recliner slide torn, and a screw misaligned in the bedroom slide. So We will take it out on our trip, and if anything else fails on it I might just stop by Elkhart, Indiana.
When you find the smuck with the drill driver on the Wildwood line slap him for me. Hope your trip turns out good. GB
Old 09-23-2015, 06:05 PM   #36
Avid outdoorsman

Mine is still in the shop from last month , turns out there are frame issues , that is why the slides aren't lined up . It is now waiting for lippert to line up with a local frame shop to do a bunch of welding and reinforcing. Totally building my confidence in this being a trouble free trailer after this . Siiigghhh
dahmmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 06:36 PM   #37

I encourage you to buy the optional second year FR warranty for $150. Your dealer may or may not have advised you of it and my understanding is FR will honor the application even if submitted outside to 10-day application period.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:22 PM   #38
GB

Yep, got the 2nd year warranty and glad for it. At the rate things are going it will take over a year just to get the initial write-ups cleared.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:55 PM   #39
Avid outdoorsman

No I never new about a second year warranty for it , I was offered a long term one for 4000$ . Is this available in Canada to us ? I will certainly try and find out for sure . Thanks for the heads up
dahmmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 12:41 PM   #40

We also had lots and lots and lots of issues with our 2013 work n Play (three major leaks, a/c not framed and braced, lose fittings behind wall in shower, etc) however, FR has stood behind the product, they even gave me an additional year of warrNty, and let me take it to a higher end FR dealer of my choice...i cant say enogh positive things about independence RV in Winter Garden FL, they are fantastic and have given me peace of mind. Have been on the road for a three month trip, and nothing major...will keep this unit since the bugs are finally out if it, and the floorplan works well for us!