Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2015, 02:36 PM   #41
Avid outdoorsman

So just an update . I know this isnt my thread but I talked about my problems in here so figured i would mention it . My dealer took my trailer back on trade with full money back and gave me a new on on new deal. I am now in a Surveyor 32rets . I wanted to update as most people never get that level of care from their dealer. I am happy with how it all turned out.
dahmmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 03:02 PM   #42

They wouldnt have to ask me twice! I'd be all over that.
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 03:02 PM   #43
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahmmer View Post
So just an update . I know this isnt my thread but I talked about my problems in here so figured i would mention it . My dealer took my trailer back on trade with full money back and gave me a new on on new deal. I am now in a Surveyor 32rets . I wanted to update as most people never get that level of care from their dealer. I am happy with how it all turned out.
Sweet can't argue with that. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 06:49 PM   #44
GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
They wouldnt have to ask me twice! I'd be all over that.
Me too. We still have issues identified on the first outing not fixed yet. We'll be taking it in in Nov. and letting them keep it until spring. Hopefully everything will be fixed by then. GB
gbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:03 PM   #45

In October we left for an extended trip to Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and then completed the circle to home. we found more issues, brought them to camping world, Gulf Breeze. the greatest hold up is that they have to document your issues with pictures and in depth detail. when that is approved, they can order parts. that in itself is another problem. The folks at Gulf Breeze have bent over backwards to keep our trailer out of their yard, but it seems to be a close relative of a boomerang. I have five issues pending, and we have used it for one trip to Missouri and the 5000 mile trip out west. the rest of the time it has been at the Gulf Breeze location. I am confident that they will have a whole new trailer built when they get all of the issues taken care of.
Wire Wrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 07:08 AM   #46
GB

Dahmmer-Good deal. Our unit has been in the shop since November. We tried to trade and was offered half price by CW of Dothan. Enjoy the new unit. GB

Wire Wrat-Good luck getting things ironed out. FR+CW=nightmare.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:52 AM   #47
GB

Well the saga with this unit is like the EverReady Bunny, it just keeps going. The unit has been in the shop since November (the unit has been in the shop longer than in our possession). CW claims that they have ordered the parts multiple times and FR keeps sending the wrong parts. Doesn't FR have a record of what unit they sold us? With automobiles, you can give them the VIN and they can tell exactly what make and model you have. If what CW is saying is true, then the blame this time falls squarely on FR.
Old 03-13-2016, 07:02 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
Well the saga with this unit is like the EverReady Bunny, it just keeps going. The unit has been in the shop since November (the unit has been in the shop longer than in our possession). CW claims that they have ordered the parts multiple times and FR keeps sending the wrong parts. Doesn't FR have a record of what unit they sold us? With automobiles, you can give them the VIN and they can tell exactly what make and model you have. If what CW is saying is true, then the blame this time falls squarely on FR.
Yes your VIN# tells ALL! Dealers have a "Big BS Book" that they rely on for "Answers" to Customers Questions! Youroo!!
Old 03-13-2016, 07:20 AM   #49

Forest River does know exactly what is in your RV by using the VIN. You are getting the run around from Camping World.

Bruce
Old 03-13-2016, 08:22 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
I was told the same thing on this forum, "its the dealer giving you the runaround", well it wasn't. I knew almost to the exact hour when parts were ordered and what the parts were. After 3+ weeks the only words used by F.R. when the parts ETA was requested were "tentative", "expected", and "maybe".

Well in hindsight its sort of funny that the parts could not be found because during that 3+ weeks Rockwood was building new trailers at lightspeed out of the same exact parts they could not find. I can find those trailers build date stickers posted online now at dealer sites. Amazing.

I don't know why people bash these dealers no matter if its Camping World or whomever. The entire problem starts at the manufacturer with the draconian warranty process they have in place.

Here's one that's popular on this forum. "The dealer is holding up your warranty repairs by having them ship the parts in an ordered unit to save on the shipping costs"? I've read that a few times. Why would the dealer care? The manufacturer is paying for the parts and the shipping? Its the manufacturer playing that game.

As far as them knowing what they installed in a trailer by VIN, well they should but they always don't. If they run out of part A during the build they'll throw in part C. You can go online and look at 3 of the same model units that a dealer has in stock, and one will have different light fixtures than the other 2. And when your dealer attempts to order part C because that's what FR installed, FR will look up part A and ship that out, and it will not match parts D,E, and F. Its a joke. Who ends up paying the price in the form of the delays?

Its not always the dealers.
I was wondering what you were going to say, but you have become quite predictable, so the time I spent reading your post was wasted.

Perhaps you should start your own website and name it "Forest River Haters Forum"?

Bruce
Old 03-13-2016, 09:03 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
I was wondering what you were going to say, but you have become quite predictable, so the time I spent reading your post was wasted.

Perhaps you should start your own website and name it "Forest River Haters Forum"?

Bruce

There you go, I retracted and deleted. Its always the dealers fault.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:32 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
Well the saga with this unit is like the EverReady Bunny, it just keeps going.........
If I had to guess, I'd think CW is the culprit here. Other than long waits because they're so busy, my non-CW dealer has been the shining light with my FR problems. They even went to bat for me by telling FR about "crushed" ducting in the ceiling. Virtually everything wrong with our unit goes back to sloppy workmanship and/or poor materials. We would have bought again from our dealer but they had nothing but more FR products to sell.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:43 AM   #53

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Folks off topic here, Seems to be a Heritage Glenn thread. I am glad to see One member get a new unit, I truly hope the other member gets their issues resolved soon and gets camping.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:51 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Folks off topic here, Seems to be a Heritage Glenn thread. I am glad to see One member get a new unit, I truly hope the other member gets their issues resolved soon and gets camping.
I don't understand your comment but I'm not sure it was directed to me. Regardless, this is a FR forum, yes? Are people not owning a Heritage Glen prohibited from commenting on its parent, FR, or the HG-specific forum? The OP's last question was to ask about the runaround he was getting about parts, i.e., who's at fault. I gave him an opinion re my experiences, for what it's worth, that's all.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:04 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyg View Post
I don't understand your comment but I'm not sure it was directed to me. Regardless, this is a FR forum, yes? Are people not owning a Heritage Glen prohibited from commenting on its parent, FR, or the HG-specific forum? The OP's last question was to ask about the runaround he was getting about parts, i.e., who's at fault. I gave him an opinion re my experiences, for what it's worth, that's all.
No you can comment on any thread you want. You answered the last OP's question. Not quite sure when B&B became a moderator. (joke B&B) Makes really no difference on what threads it's on, we all have the same power, water pumps A/C's thermostats and things like that they might be a different brand but in reality they are all the same. M/H are different being the different products on some, but I'm sure if there A/C wasn't working they wouldn't care who answered. So No you were not wrong you answered the OP'S question on dealers. at least in my IMO. now if I can find that FLAG again?.. oops wrong flag: Canadian came up first. Duel citizenship....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:57 PM   #56

Great thread, I think

Wife and I are seriously considering a Heritage Glen, and this will be our first RV ever. My wife being a retired lawyer has one question. When there seems to be no reasonable resolution to a dispute, does anyone take legal action? With that said, that should be the absolute last resort, but that is what our legal system is there for.

The dealer we are considering doing business with has a BBB A+ rating, we have reviewed the alleged complaints and it seems the dealer made every reasonable effort to address the complaints. Before purchasing from anyone, wouldn't be prudent to check out the dealers reputation?

This web site has been a real blessing to us in helping us make a decision on our first RV.
RBPerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 03:56 PM   #57

This is why I dislike forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post

Bruce
It amazes me that folks come to this Forum with legitimate gripes and then get pilloried for not loving either the manufacturer or their servicing dealer.

Some of us have had issues with our FR products, some much more serious than others and we come here looking for help and constructive solutions. Instead, we catch grief for pointing out flaws either with build quality, reliability of components or poor to non-existent warranty service.

I expect folks are making payments on their loans on their TT or MH that may have been in the shop more than in their possession. That would anger me too. The "sugar versus vinegar" approach only goes so far when little to no progress is occurring.

So how about we start a sub-forum titled "Kool-Aid Drinkers"? Folks of like-mind could meet up, hold hands and sing Kumbaya.
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:33 PM   #58
GB

In the interest of getting some camping in this year versus the unit sitting a CW we took the unit back unrepaired. Of course we got the song and dance about leaving the unit there and parts being overnighted to get the repairs done. Sorry but four months is long enough to replace a slide seal. Maybe RBPerry has the right idea, maybe legal action is the next logical step? Maybe a class action suit against FR and CW since they are partners in crime?
Old 03-19-2016, 06:13 AM   #59

Send a message via AIM to B and B
It was directed at assessing blame the retracting the comment by a poster. Served no purpose to help the poster or subsequent poster I am not a mod but some posters come here looking for much needed help not criticizing, that's all.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 07:55 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
It was directed at assessing blame the retracting the comment by a poster. Served no purpose to help the poster or subsequent poster I am not a mod but some posters come here looking for much needed help not criticizing, that's all.

The comment was retracted because frankly I do not need nomad297 to critique my posts, so Instead of defending it I just deleted it after nomad297 made his smart@s#%d comment. He made his comment before I deleted mine so he was not "assessing blame at the retracting the comment by a poster which served no purpose to help the poster or subsequent poster" which is what I believe you were saying.

I still stand by my original comment. Frankly I have had posts deleted and have been accused of "calling out" other members for way less than nomad297's response to my post but whatever. Its neither here nor there.

So to be clear I retract the retraction. The original post.........

I was told the same thing on this forum, "its the dealer giving you the runaround", well it wasn't. I knew almost to the exact hour when parts were ordered and what the parts were. After 3+ weeks the only words used by F.R. when the parts ETA was requested were "tentative", "expected", and "maybe".

Well in hindsight its sort of funny that the parts could not be found because during that 3+ weeks Rockwood was building new trailers at lightspeed out of the same exact parts they could not find. I can find those trailers build date stickers posted online now at dealer sites. Amazing.

I don't know why people bash these dealers no matter if its Camping World or whomever. The entire problem starts at the manufacturer with the draconian warranty process they have in place.

Here's one that's popular on this forum. "The dealer is holding up your warranty repairs by having them ship the parts in an ordered unit to save on the shipping costs"? I've read that a few times. Why would the dealer care? The manufacturer is paying for the parts and the shipping? Its the manufacturer playing that game.

As far as them knowing what they installed in a trailer by VIN, well they should but they always don't. If they run out of part A during the build they'll throw in part C. You can go online and look at 3 of the same model units that a dealer has in stock, and one will have different light fixtures than the other 2. And when your dealer attempts to order part C because that's what FR installed, FR will look up part A and ship that out, and it will not match parts D,E, and F. Its a joke. Who ends up paying the price in the form of the delays?

Its not always the dealers.

No I am not a "Forest River Hater" and have still been working towards buying a Forest River product. For the life of me its going against every ounce of common sense I have after spending over 4 months trying to have the original ordered unit repaired/corrected to purchase it, which is old news. I have received some great help from certain members of this board behind the scenes who will remain nameless as well as my dealer, which is the main reason I am even going through the reordering process in an attempt to get a satisfactorily manufactured unit.

I will however comment negatively and keep doing so when a manufacturer drops the ball, especially when I am the one trying to spend over $20K and wanting nothing more than something without blatant manufacturing defects. I will also give credit where credit is due. Many people seem to live in RV fantasy land and think that these problems do not exist, or do not want to believe they exist for whatever reason. Its great if you have purchased 3 units over 15 years and have never had a warranty issue, or received timely service and support which is not always the case. Kumbaya indeed. I am not drinking the Kool Aid.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote