Old 03-15-2016, 11:53 AM   #11
i wiped one out smashed the rocker switch other truck not as close as this truck

locogk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:38 PM   #12
The easiest solution is to get a longer shank for the hitch. All of the manufacturers make them in different lengths. Just determine how much too close you are and get an shank extended by that amount. Should cost about $100.

hunterrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:38 PM   #13
As has been stated, a Barker, which I have, allows you to turn the head 90 degrees. I had a Trailer Star which did not allow this. I would not attempt to drill an additional hole in your hitch draw bar. This would decrease the length inserted into your receiver resulting in more leverage exerted on it, possibly exceeding the design strength. Selling your jack, if it does not rotate, then buying one that does might be your best bet.

2015 GMC Sierra 1500
2013 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
spudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 04:02 PM   #14
AKA: 'tiredTeacher
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
As a last resort, if the motor can't be turned, just take it to a welding shop and have the mounting plate cut off, rotated and re-welded. Shouldn't take but about 30 minutes start to finish.
Good advice. Rotating the motor head is a no-go on my jack. Turning the whole thing 120 to line up the existing holes and plate puts the jack motor into the propane bottles.
Your solution is the one I came up with, also. Just ain't got rountuit.

Wright and Penny
Richmond, Va.
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote