Old 04-05-2015, 08:43 PM   #1

mattress upgrade?

The mattress in our xlite is absolutely horrible, and our new 27rkss doesn't seem to have a better mattress. So, my wife and I are talking about buying a new mattress for it before we ever take it out. The only thing is, is the bed in my rv actually the same size as a normal queen size bed?

Old 04-06-2015, 07:50 AM   #2

I believe it's a short queen. They just replaced the mattress in our xlite and they replaced it with a regular queen, I lost the walk way between bed and entertainment center, but my feet no longer hang off

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 04-06-2015, 08:19 AM   #3

When I am tired I can sleep on a Cement slab! BUT when we travel for Enjoyable Vacations it WILL NOT happen on a RV Mattress even the Upgrade Sereta that we had! You should also watch the weight of the replacement Mattress in a RV. Unlike a Home setup you hve No box spring under the Mattress. You will have (Many) ops on type but if they were giving away FREE Mattress and it wasn't a (Carpenter Avena Foam Mattress) I would Pass! We ordered the Same for our Home also! Size for our RV (Short Queen) #77911 C/W! Youroo!!
Old 04-14-2015, 09:55 AM   #4

We started looking and like most things you start cheap and end expensive. By the time it was done we were looking at mattresses over $600. We took a step back and decided to save our money. We are going to just buy a 4" memory foam mattress topper, you can pick them up for a little over a $100.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW Rusty View Post
We started looking and like most things you start cheap and end expensive. By the time it was done we were looking at mattresses over $600. We took a step back and decided to save our money. We are going to just buy a 4" memory foam mattress topper, you can pick them up for a little over a $100.

We initially did a 2 to 3 inch topper and it didn't cut it for us To say the oem mattress is horrible is an understatement.

So instead of getting a thicker topper, we opted for a 9" gel infused (whatever that means, lol) foam mattress made by Brentwood (cost us $367 with shipping). Only time will tell how much we like it, because we only 'just' got it, but I have high hopes. I know it naps pretty good and my hip doen't feel like it's laying on wood when I'm on my side. I'm also keeping the topper we bought to protect the new mattress, so having bought a topper is not a complete loss
2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade