Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-25-2009, 01:22 PM   #1

Merry Christmas to us

And to all of you wonderful RV'ers out there.
I just wanted to announce that on the 23rd we picked up our new 2010 Wildwood T28RLSS. So far we love it but it's only sitting out on the street. We are taking it out for her maiden voyage over the New Year's weekend, gotta love AZ, and cant wait.

I do have a question though. When the slide is all the way in I can see daylight coming in from underneath. I looked under the slideout and can see that there is a rubber seal on the slideout and another on the main body but they are about 1/2" apart. Since they seem to be on the same level I'm thinking that they are supposed to seal the bottom from road moisture, especially since the slideout is right over the wheels. Does anyone know if the seals can be adjusted or not and how difficult it may be. I sure don't want to make the 200 mile round trip back to the dealer for something simple and they're not even open again until January.

The slideout is closed up tight to the body so it looks like it has to be the seal itself that is out of whack.

Thanks in advance
Joel
jk510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:31 AM   #2

I am no if the the seal can be adjusted, but the slide out has adjustments on it. I had to have mine adjusted this past Summer and when I talk to the service department they suggested that I bring it in. Question; when the slide out is open does the floor to the slide out seats even with the floor of the camper floor? If not and it is higher then the slide out needs to be adjusted down. From what I understand it takes a little time
to make the right adjustments not only up and down but from left to right and it all has to stay square.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:27 AM   #3

Thanks for the response rockwood06.
Everything looks right whether open or closed. When open it all looks square and when closed the sides are up tight against the body. The only thing that looks out of place is the seal along the bottom. The two rubbers are even horizontally but it looks like the slideout needs to come in another 1/2" which is not possible.
jk510 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood