Old 12-18-2017, 02:01 PM   #1

Murphy Bed Depth

Does anyone know the depth of the Murphy beds in the XLite models? I'm looking at them for possible purchase and have the opportunity to get an upgraded bed from a friend but not sure if that the bed from the friend will fit with the bed in the raised position. Thanks in advance for any information.

dhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:49 PM   #2

we have a wildwood 171 which has the murphy bed, it is not the same depth as a full size, and though we keep it made when it is stowed away the fastening system they use wouldnt allow for a thicker matress, of course everything on a TT is crewed in and you could move the latches into a different position- the bed is quite comfortable, but seems a little shorter that a normal full size.

RobH1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH1954 View Post
we have a wildwood 171 which has the murphy bed, it is not the same depth as a full size, and though we keep it made when it is stowed away the fastening system they use wouldnt allow for a thicker matress, of course everything on a TT is crewed in and you could move the latches into a different position- the bed is quite comfortable, but seems a little shorter that a normal full size.

Thanks. I was not very clear in my initial post. What I'm looking for is the thickness of the mattress. I know the bed itself is a queen short. The bed I have available to me for replacement of the original is has a thickness of 8 inches and is also a queen short. As you noted, I'm unsure if the 8 inch thickness will work with the latches and the bed in the upright stored position.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:04 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH1954 View Post

Also, how are you enjoying the 171. The 171 is the unit my wife and I are seriously considering.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:38 PM   #5

I have the Murphy Bed with a standard short queen, 2" memory foam topper, and 6 pillows in my 21DS. No problems with fold-up depth.
windsurfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 04:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhop View Post
Also, how are you enjoying the 171. The 171 is the unit my wife and I are seriously considering.
It fits me and my wife to a T. its a smaller unit and the murphy bed gives it extra room when up, my truck is a chevy silverado 1500 pulls it with no problem and I get-around 18 mph when on trips- I thought that unheard of.Bought it new- had 3 problems with it- they fixed, and at 13995 I felt for new it was a steal

RobH1954 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed