Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
8318SS

Need help with Wildwood Grand Lodge 408LOFT SAT Connections

Hi Everyone,

We received our 2014 Wildwood Grand Lodge 408LOFT earlier this week. Today, I attempted to hook up the satellite dish. I verified that the dish was properly aligned by running coax directly from the dish, through a window to the receiver. All is good. Now for the fun part!

I connected the receiver to the SAT connection inside. On the back of the 408LOFT, there are two coax connectors neither of which are labeled. On the entry door side, there are two coax connectors with a label nearby that reads "Cable/SAT". The satellite would not work when connected to any of the four outside connectors.

On the inside of the trailer, there is a connector by the TV in the living area clearly marked "SAT". In each of the three sleeping areas there are two coax connectors, none are marked so I assume one is cable and the other is SAT.

Does this mean I need to use a 75ohm coax terminator in the "unused" locations to direct the SAT signal to the single receiver?

I am used to campers having a "home run" SAT cable from the outside to a dedicated location inside.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2005 Dodge Durango SLT Hemi 4x4 AWD
1 ROK WUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:36 PM   #2

Don't have you unit. Be sure to use RG6 cable to any connections for SAT. Also, be sure the Cable booster switch is off when using SAT.

Tags
loft, wildwood