Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2015, 09:31 PM   #1

New 2013 Wildwood 32 BHDS - I can't mess this up

I'm looking at purchasing my first TT and I'm not in a position where I can mess this up! I have 2 young kids and 50 weeks of the year this trailer will be parked at a permanent site. I know the internet can be a good place to find all sorts of bad reviews but hoping a fellow FROG can provide straight goods on this model? Pros / cons?
RobertE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 01:55 PM   #2

So nobody has had experience with this model?
Old 03-01-2015, 02:56 PM   #3
Site Team

Sorry but I'm not familiar with it but then I wasn't familiar with my unit either when I brought it but it was the right choice for me.

More information would be helpful in providing feedback. Do you have any particular concerns about it?

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:03 PM   #4

The Wildwood appears to be an entry level with concerns regarding electrical, delaminating and leaking issues. I'm hoping to hear validation of these issues or other people having positive experiences?
Old 03-01-2015, 03:10 PM   #5
Site Team

Would suggest looking around the wildwood section of the forum. You can also use the google FRF search in the upper right corner to search the forum as well.

Electrical, delaminating and leaking issues can happen to any unit, regardless of price.

Maybe some Wildwood members will start chiming in.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:38 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertE View Post
The Wildwood appears to be an entry level with concerns regarding electrical, delaminating and leaking issues. I'm hoping to hear validation of these issues or other people having positive experiences?
I also have an entry level unit that I brought it in Sept. 2010. So far have not had any problems with it other than needing to replace the propane tank regulator. I'm not sure about the product name but I had perma plate sprayed on to protect it from the hot California heat after owning it a year or so. The guys at the shop were talking about how my TT stickers (can't think of the name) were still looking real good while other newer units stickers were peeling.

The price tag of a entry level unit is usually lower than an higher end unit. Remember that higher end units can have problems too. I would recommend hiring a professional RV inspector to check out the unit you are considering. Please don't take the word of a sales person especially since they have a horse in the race. Getting a report from someone neutral can be helpful in making your decision.

How long are you expecting to keep this Wildwood? It's very common for owners to trade in their RVs for something different later on. Kids grow up and your needs could change.

PS
I should point out that I RV alone so there is less normal wear & tear on my TT.

Old 03-01-2015, 04:19 PM   #7

My expectations is this would work for my family for the next 10 yrs. it's a new 2013, so comes with a full warranty. The dealership has a decent reputation, but just like you said, I can't trust the sales dept.... In my research, I found this group.
Pics of the unit...Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1425244725.266528.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	255.9 KB
ID:	70494Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1425244737.720568.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	197.9 KB
ID:	70495Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1425244759.112888.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	70496
Old 03-01-2015, 04:22 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
My expectations is this would work for my family for the next 10 yrs. it's a new 2013, so comes with a full warranty. The dealership has a decent reputation, but just like you said, I can't trust the sales dept.... In my research, I found this group.
Pics of the unit...Attachment 70494Attachment 70495Attachment 70496
NICE

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:33 PM   #9

We almost bought this same unit, 2014, but went with the 2015 Puma 32DBKS had more storage. We traded up from a 2011 Wildwood 27TBSS. The only problem with the Wildwood was that when not parked on a perfectly level spot and with the slide side higher than the side water got in and this was with the slide in or out. Other than that we loved the trailer, but out grew the storage capacity.
2005 Ford Excursion 6 liter Turbo Diesel
Bilcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:34 PM   #10
Site Team

Being a new unit with full warranty should be a plus on the good side. It looks like a nice big trailer. Do some research on the going price for the trailer and compare it to the dealer's price. Buying an RV is just like buying a car. Few people pay the asking price.

I don't know the layout but it would be helpful to make sure the bathroom space works for you. Storage will be a key factor too since you will be using it long term throughout the year.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:27 PM   #11

We have 2011 heritage glen by wildwood, other than ours having fiberglass sides it looks the same. We haven't had any problems with ours. We use it to go to my son's lacrosse tournaments, so we travel everywhere with it. Would love to use it now but the temperature tonight is suppose to be 4, springs right around the corner.
kcdean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:29 PM   #12

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and comments. I went to look at it again today and dollar for dollar I don't think I could find a comparable TT. Being new I'm sure I'll come across items that may involve the dealership or working with Forest River directly. I'll stay active on this forum and keep everyone posted... Here goes nothing 😉
Old 03-08-2015, 10:29 AM   #13

Quote:
I appreciate everyone's thoughts and comments. I went to look at it again today and dollar for dollar I don't think I could find a comparable TT. Being new I'm sure I'll come across items that may involve the dealership or working with Forest River directly. I'll stay active on this forum and keep everyone posted... Here goes nothing 😉
That's pretty much why we decided on our Wildwood 26TBSS. Sure, it isn't top of the line in any regard, but it sure is damn nice for our needs and a great value. It's been perfect for our family.

I think you'll be fine, and as many have said, you can buy the highest end RV on the market and still find a problem. The warranty is a huge perk here, so I think you'll be fine. I've had no issues with leaking or any of the systems on the camper since I've owned mine, which hasn't been long.
Backcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:17 PM   #14

I have a Wildwood 27RKSS. And just like yours it has aluminum sides. I've never heard of delaminating on metal trailers, only fiberglass sided trailers. Yes mine is new and no problems, but the other two trailers I've owned have been metal sided and no problems.One I had for 2 yrs, the other 6 yrs. Just make sure that this is the floorplan and the rest of the amenities are what you want.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:40 PM   #15

We also have a 26tbss it's a 2013 had it 2 years now nothing major wrong, had the sealing at the front where the roof meets the front cap leak the first year, fixed under warranty, the tires are likely cheap I recommend negotiating for better tires or you will be replacing them in about 2 years, mine were done yesterday. Otherwise great value. It's the expensive rvs that have complicated expensive parts that break. Not so much the entry-level ones.
toyota family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:07 PM   #16

Thanks again folks, I found a sandpiper for $1000.00 more and from appearance and my research, it's well worth the difference.
I hope to secure the deal this week and with the way the weather is cooperating, it will be set up by the end of the month!
Old 03-10-2015, 09:25 PM   #17

We had a wildwood 26tbss for 4 years and it was solid. I would buy one again. But we just upgraded to Rockwood 8327ss and LOVE it. It is a heck of a upgrade. Most important thing is find something you will use and love

Good luck
firedaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 11:15 PM   #18

We have this exact unit in a 2012 model, and we absolutely love it! The only problem I have had so far was that I had to replace the gas springs that hold up the door for the outdoor kitchen this year. I did a ton of research before we bought ours new 3 years ago, and for the money, this trailer has everything that trailers that cost $10K more have. We have tons of room and storage, and unless something major happens, this will probably be the last trailer we ever need. For a large trailer, it also pulls very well with my 1/2 ton truck. No complaints so far!
tony4pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 11:30 PM   #19

I appreciate the feedback - I took advantage of the current state of the Alberta economy and found a different new 2013.
I picked it about a month ago and thrilled with the set up. It's very similar to the wildwood, the interior is set up a little better IMO and has the fibreglass exterior Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1430022486.289335.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	75268Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1430022517.984976.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	75269
It's to much trailer for my half ton is the only downside

Tags
2013, wildwood