Old 03-04-2015, 07:27 PM   #11

We have 2011 heritage glen by wildwood, other than ours having fiberglass sides it looks the same. We haven't had any problems with ours. We use it to go to my son's lacrosse tournaments, so we travel everywhere with it. Would love to use it now but the temperature tonight is suppose to be 4, springs right around the corner.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:29 PM   #12

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and comments. I went to look at it again today and dollar for dollar I don't think I could find a comparable TT. Being new I'm sure I'll come across items that may involve the dealership or working with Forest River directly. I'll stay active on this forum and keep everyone posted... Here goes nothing 😉

Old 03-08-2015, 11:29 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertE View Post
I appreciate everyone's thoughts and comments. I went to look at it again today and dollar for dollar I don't think I could find a comparable TT. Being new I'm sure I'll come across items that may involve the dealership or working with Forest River directly. I'll stay active on this forum and keep everyone posted... Here goes nothing 😉
That's pretty much why we decided on our Wildwood 26TBSS. Sure, it isn't top of the line in any regard, but it sure is damn nice for our needs and a great value. It's been perfect for our family.

I think you'll be fine, and as many have said, you can buy the highest end RV on the market and still find a problem. The warranty is a huge perk here, so I think you'll be fine. I've had no issues with leaking or any of the systems on the camper since I've owned mine, which hasn't been long.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:17 PM   #14

I have a Wildwood 27RKSS. And just like yours it has aluminum sides. I've never heard of delaminating on metal trailers, only fiberglass sided trailers. Yes mine is new and no problems, but the other two trailers I've owned have been metal sided and no problems.One I had for 2 yrs, the other 6 yrs. Just make sure that this is the floorplan and the rest of the amenities are what you want.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:40 PM   #15

We also have a 26tbss it's a 2013 had it 2 years now nothing major wrong, had the sealing at the front where the roof meets the front cap leak the first year, fixed under warranty, the tires are likely cheap I recommend negotiating for better tires or you will be replacing them in about 2 years, mine were done yesterday. Otherwise great value. It's the expensive rvs that have complicated expensive parts that break. Not so much the entry-level ones.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:07 PM   #16

Thanks again folks, I found a sandpiper for $1000.00 more and from appearance and my research, it's well worth the difference.
I hope to secure the deal this week and with the way the weather is cooperating, it will be set up by the end of the month!
Old 03-10-2015, 10:25 PM   #17

We had a wildwood 26tbss for 4 years and it was solid. I would buy one again. But we just upgraded to Rockwood 8327ss and LOVE it. It is a heck of a upgrade. Most important thing is find something you will use and love

Good luck
Old 04-26-2015, 12:15 AM   #18

We have this exact unit in a 2012 model, and we absolutely love it! The only problem I have had so far was that I had to replace the gas springs that hold up the door for the outdoor kitchen this year. I did a ton of research before we bought ours new 3 years ago, and for the money, this trailer has everything that trailers that cost $10K more have. We have tons of room and storage, and unless something major happens, this will probably be the last trailer we ever need. For a large trailer, it also pulls very well with my 1/2 ton truck. No complaints so far!
tony4pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 12:30 AM   #19

I appreciate the feedback - I took advantage of the current state of the Alberta economy and found a different new 2013.
I picked it about a month ago and thrilled with the set up. It's very similar to the wildwood, the interior is set up a little better IMO and has the fibreglass exterior Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1430022486.289335.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	75268Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1430022517.984976.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	75269
It's to much trailer for my half ton is the only downside

Tags
2013, wildwood