Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2016, 04:14 PM   #1

New 2014 Wildwood Owner 31kqbts

Hello all, my name is Joe. My wife and I and our two children have just become the owners of a 2014 Wildwood (Forest River) 31kqbts. I am excited and a bit overwhelmed, since I have not owned a trailer before. I have been doing a lot of reading and watching youtube videos. Hoping to learn a lot from you guys and gals as well . Our trailer will be in a campground right outside of Cape May, NJ. Two questions:

1) What precautions should I take when I go on the roof? Is it to walk on it for cleaning, maintenance?

2) What do you put on your roof, if anything, over the winter?

Thanks,
Joe
joetab1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:10 PM   #2

You can walk on roof. I have 16 model. I put cover on my camper for winter.
dukemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:50 PM   #3
3boxerss

Congrats on your camper!! We too cover ours for the winter here in Ohio..
3boxerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 08:15 PM   #4

Exicted to finally use this! (Some tips?)

Our trailer is still at the dealer we purchased it from. Was on their lot all winter. Will be getting towed to the campground on Friday! I am a bit nervous, given that this is my first experience owning a trailer, but I have attempted to learn a lot from these forums and Youtube videos. I feel reasonably prepared.

-From what I can gather from these forums, people seem to be mixed regarding the sliders being put in when away from the trailer during the summer. The mechanic I spoke to today said he recommends always bringing them in when the trailer is not occupied.

-I am also a bit paranoid about maintaining the roof. Tips for this? From what I can tell, I just need to regularly get up there and check things out and clean from time to time, all the while looking for any problem areas.

I guess at this point I am curious to see what your top 3 or 4 tips might be to a new owner. Thanks for your help!
Old 04-07-2017, 05:10 AM   #5

Is the 2014 Wildwod KQBTS 30 amp? Have the manual, but it seems to be somewhat general and not specific to my model. Finally get to access my new trailer in a week or so! Thanks for your help.

Joe

Tags
2014, wildwood