Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2016, 03:22 PM   #1

New 28DBUD Owner - Some Questions

Hey guys and Girls

My 28DBUD yesterday - as others have mentioned its not as well finished off as one would expect but the dealer told me that its normal "they all look like that". Started cleaning up the leftovers the technicians so kindly left for me, screws, wood filler, wood chips, dust etc.

First question, i want to mount a 32" LEd TV, which brackets do i use to accomplish this?

In the interim i`m going to look through some of the mods and upgrades many of you have already posted!

Pic attached of my new ride!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0529.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	435.0 KB
ID:	110721  
GeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 06:53 AM   #2

Nice rig. Congrats. Does your TV mount on the pivoting board between the living room and the bedroom or are you mounting somewhere else?

Marty, Carla, Gabby and our ankle biters Rocky and Addy
2011 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Big Horn 4x4 Hemi 5.7
Forest River Wildwood 30KQBSS
eyeguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:54 PM   #3

There is another post on this. Even has pictures. We have exact same TT and followed their advice on 32" TV with a wall mount from Camping World. Let me see if I can find the post.
Emeraldroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:49 AM   #4

FOUND IT!!!

FOUND IT!!! He even included pics AND others have shared their ideas too.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...bck-23125.html
Emeraldroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 01:58 PM   #5

Eyeguy - yes, i wanted to install it in the pivoting board. Which i did.

Emerald, thank you for that link, had i seen that before i definately would have used a different bracket, allowing the doors to be open while watching in the bedroom. Oh well, something i`m going to need to get used to. Thanks for getting back to me guys! I managed to squeeze a 32" into the cabinet and it still has about 1mm clearance on each side to rotate.

My other issue so far is that the DVD player only outputs to the surround speakers, if you want anything else like a media player, xbox etc it has to be plugged into the front aux of the media center, which is dumb. But happy thus far!!
Old 06-16-2016, 02:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee View Post
Eyeguy - yes, i wanted to install it in the pivoting board. Which i did.

Emerald, thank you for that link, had i seen that before i definately would have used a different bracket, allowing the doors to be open while watching in the bedroom. Oh well, something i`m going to need to get used to. Thanks for getting back to me guys! I managed to squeeze a 32" into the cabinet and it still has about 1mm clearance on each side to rotate.

My other issue so far is that the DVD player only outputs to the surround speakers, if you want anything else like a media player, xbox etc it has to be plugged into the front aux of the media center, which is dumb. But happy thus far!!
What model is the player? If it's one of the Jensen's 4 screws and rewire that. You will have to get some RCA splitter cables and run them so you can play through the AUX input. We ran ours that way so we could plug in IPODS, Phones, and other items that we wanted to stream through our system. Feel free to ask if you have questions...

2016 Ford Lariat F250 Super Duty
2016 Heritage Glen 337BAR
mboatwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 01:24 PM   #7
Camp Bartender

Welcome to the 28DBud club! My wife and I have a 2015 and we love it. This is our 2nd season in it!

2015-2018: 20 Trips, 61 Nights Camped
2018: 5 Trips, 15 Nights Camped
2019: 2 Trips, 10 nights so far......
stevensmith2859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 03:38 PM   #8

Mboatright - i`ll take a closer look next week while i pack and get ready for or vacay down to FL for 6 weeks - yes please!!!! Figure i`m going to need to get that sorted out so it works. I just managed to get to grip with having Internet in the TT while away - some members assisted in another post and i got "fixed up".

I`ll put up some photos of the upgrades thus far - still have so much to do!!!
Old 06-28-2016, 06:48 AM   #9
Camp Bartender

One of the best things that my wife and I did was to upgrade our shower head. If yours is like ours was bone stock, the head was anything but desirable. We put one of those pressure boosting "oxygen" shower heads in there. Makes a HUGE difference.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:55 PM   #10

Hey Guys - so mine is almost a month old - on my first trip out - will post some of the upgrades in a bit but first i need to make mention of the fact that this must be the worst RV i have ever gotten myself into - either the guys putting this one together were partying the night before or they`re just plain dumb - also, questionable quality control is what i might add is lacking at the Forest River Plant. So far, this has gone wrong - ill post pics up a little later.

First time i turn the water on in the sink its came out under the cabinet and all over the floor, being 6'3 it wasnt easy climbing in under the sink to do the repair work. Cabinet swole a little, they will need to replace it.

Drove screws into bath tub and cracked the tub against the wall.

Main bedroom, entire roof lining has come loose from the roof ?????? What? yes.

Two of the power outlets dont work.

One of the external doors wont take the key given to unlock it, the key wont even go in, no signs of damage or forced entry.

Cold water tap in shower howls like a banshee when turned on.

Bathroom door hinges held together by 3 screws. Holes were never made for the additional screws, door was hanging upon my first overnight stop.

Toilet water leaking from toilet, yes, toilet water.

1200miles away from the aholes that sold it to me and repairs can only be done by them.

Other than all the issues i enjoy my RV - dont however think they will be getting my business again anytime soon.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:02 PM   #11

Installed 4 Bike Rack

Installed a 2" 300lb hitch and a 4 bike bike rack.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0671.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	113934  
Old 07-12-2016, 01:03 PM   #12

Installed a 32" LED TV - tight fight when swiveling but it works ;-)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0640.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	272.7 KB
ID:	113935  
Old 07-12-2016, 01:04 PM   #13
Carknocker Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee View Post
Hey Guys - so mine is almost a month old - on my first trip out - will post some of the upgrades in a bit but first i need to make mention of the fact that this must be the worst RV i have ever gotten myself into - either the guys putting this one together were partying the night before or they`re just plain dumb - also, questionable quality control is what i might add is lacking at the Forest River Plant. So far, this has gone wrong - ill post pics up a little later.

First time i turn the water on in the sink its came out under the cabinet and all over the floor, being 6'3 it wasnt easy climbing in under the sink to do the repair work. Cabinet swole a little, they will need to replace it.

Drove screws into bath tub and cracked the tub against the wall.

Main bedroom, entire roof lining has come loose from the roof ?????? What? yes.

Two of the power outlets dont work.

One of the external doors wont take the key given to unlock it, the key wont even go in, no signs of damage or forced entry.

Cold water tap in shower howls like a banshee when turned on.

Bathroom door hinges held together by 3 screws. Holes were never made for the additional screws, door was hanging upon my first overnight stop.

Toilet water leaking from toilet, yes, toilet water.

1200miles away from the aholes that sold it to me and repairs can only be done by them.

Other than all the issues i enjoy my RV - dont however think they will be getting my business again anytime soon.

You do a proper PDI? They all built with some quality issues. Just got to find em before you sign the papers.
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:05 PM   #14

Installed all the "extras" - Roku, XBox and my Jetpack - everything works great, i fastened it all with Velcro strips, doesnt move anymore!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0687.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	372.8 KB
ID:	113936  
Old 07-12-2016, 01:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ida Ratherbe Camping View Post
You do a proper PDI? They all built with some quality issues. Just got to find em before you sign the papers.
Obviously didn't do the pDI correctly - and this was after things i already asked to have repaired while i was waiting to take delivery. Some of the issues i mentioned you would never have noticed during the PDI - roof lining for example and toilet water, leaking sink - they dont have water connected so how do you check? But i agree - need to be more careful. My own fault
Old 07-12-2016, 01:25 PM   #16
Site Team

I would be suspicious of any PDI that could not demonstrate plumbing working properly. Simple to add water to FW tank and demo.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 09:44 AM   #17
Camp Bartender

Sorry about your bad luck, but once you get it all squared away, im sure youll love it!