Old 06-11-2015, 04:29 PM   #11

Linc pad. Click on wifi then click on the Linc option similar to picking a wifi on a ipad.

For some reason mine loses connection constantly and will lose the option buttons: slide, legs, etc.

Fridge: mine is the same way. We have a permanent spot so I removed the steel holding bracket that's propping your door open. Since you yow yours, I wouldn't do that as the fridge could fall out.

AC reviews from years ago complained about this issue but nothing since is I assumed that it was fixed as there are more vents.

We pay our own electric so I am not happy nor want a compressor running non stop and we haven't hit 90's till today.

Problem with using the front damper open is the kids room was over 80's which defeated the purpose of buying a camper with doors.

Old 06-11-2015, 05:53 PM   #12

The rear wheels on the fridge aren't even touching the floor, I figured I would cut some wood to slide under the wheels to allow the fridge to level out, this should correct the lean and lack of seal, hopefully .

I contacted forest river about the ac today and was advised "it's not going to cool like a house" I replied back with I shouldn't be sweating inside with the ac running all day either.

They could provide no answer and didn't seem to understand the issue.

I will be returning the unit to the dealer in between trips for a warranty claim on the ac. We have trips already booked and paid for so I will do a shake down this next weekend to see how the unit will respond over a couple days.

SK2 Camping Crew
2010 Ford F-350 Lariat
2015 Heritage Glen 356QB

Old 06-11-2015, 06:00 PM   #13

The rear wheels on the fridge aren't even touching the floor, I figured I would cut some wood to slide under the wheels to allow the fridge to level out, this should correct the lean and lack of seal, hopefully .

I contacted forest river about the ac today and was advised "it's not going to cool like a house" I replied back with I shouldn't be sweating inside with the ac running all day either.

They could provide no answer and didn't seem to understand the issue.

I will be returning the unit to the dealer in between trips for a warranty claim on the ac. We have trips already booked and paid for so I will do a shake down this next weekend to see how the unit will respond over a couple days.

SK2 Camping Crew
2010 Ford F-350 Lariat
2015 Heritage Glen 356QB
Old 06-16-2015, 01:19 AM   #14

I joined this forum because I was specifically reading this thread and became a bit put off to the complaints of the 356QB. I was really interested in this model, but I think I'm going to be scratching it off my short list.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:23 AM   #15
Mark & Cindy Labbe

HG 356QBQ Purchase or Not?

I've seen some negative reviews HG 356QBQ purchases, but there are definitely more positive reviews than negative. If you follow these forums on a regular basis, you will find these mixed reviews on most rv's in the general sense. We are a new owner of a 2015 356QBQ and I have to say we are very happy with our purchase, we have had no problems and have nothing but good to say about our purchase. We have been out every weekend since 4/11/15 and are currently ending our t day trip to Lake George. I have seen many positive reviews of this model. I think the most important thing anyone needs to consider when buying a rv is the the dealer. Our dealer was excellent and will stand behind what they sell. Secondly, inspect all the systems and exterior features before taking delivery. If you don't understand the mechanics of a rv, try to find someone that does to inspect it with you. I am a owner of a aerospace manufacturing facility and have a vast back ground in how products are manufactured so it was not an issue for me inspecting my purchase top to bottom. If you read these forums you will find that the whole industry has poor quality systems and practices when manufacturing these units. This is not the auto or aerospace industry folks when the quality systems are very stringen. You are at risk of having issues on a new unit and may have a few issues. If you are not willing to take these risks when buying a new unit, you should not buy a rv at all. There are quite a few of us that have purchased the 356QBQ with minor issues or no issues at all. The individual who bought the unit in this thread defiantly had issues, but I don't think the issues they had represent the norm.
I just wanted to add my opinion because we are happy and pleased with our purchase and would recommend the 356QBQ to any one. Word of advise, find a good respected dealer when you make you purchase, that will be you key to success.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150411_104415.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	420.4 KB
ID:	80099  
Old 06-16-2015, 08:39 AM   #16

I would agree with Mark, this is our second wildwood and overall are pleased. Our dealer should have caught and fixed a majority of our issues during the PDI prior to our walk through.... Most of the dealers service after sales is horrible.

My parents have purchased 2 XLR's and have had some issues with both as well as sine friends with a crossroads.

You just have to hope your unit was built on Tuesday not Friday

SK2 Camping Crew
2010 Ford F-350 Lariat
2015 Heritage Glen 356QB
Old 06-16-2015, 08:45 AM   #17

I wouldn't exclude this floor an because of some people having issues. Look around the forums not just Forest River, but look at other brands also and there is equal complaining. People love Ford, I recently lemoned a truck from them. Doesn't mean they are all bad. Same goes with the RV industry.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:14 AM   #18

I have one and I don't have any complaints about the model. I actually like it more than the other ones because where else are you going to get a 38 foot RV with a floor plan like this that you can tow with a 1/2 ton pickup. That right there is a huge plus for me. I didn't have to trade trucks. I'm not driving across the USA though so what works for me may not work for someone else. We camp fairly close to home, which is what most people do, only on Internet forums do you get the full time RV'ers that put thousands of miles on per year, their needs are different.

The kids get their own bedroom and bathroom is another reason we bought it. When the kids have friends over, they get a bed too. Plenty of space to sleep. It's a family friendly RV.

I have the standard RV fridge so it fits perfect, I don't have any issues with that. Come and take a look at mine if you want to see what one with no issues looks like.

I also put a Weber grill on the back instead of the camping world special that came with it.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:05 PM   #19

Thanks everyone! That definitely puts my mind at ease and it's back on the list. Not only that, but it's taking it place back near the top.

Now for some truck shopping...
Old 06-22-2015, 04:01 AM   #20

How has everyone mounted the bunkhouse tv?

SK2 Camping Crew
2010 Ford F-350 Lariat
2015 Heritage Glen 356QB