Old 05-08-2014, 10:39 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by updhaul View Post
Every year in the past I have used my gas stove top to check my gas supply. In the Spring especially. Does your stove top light? Are you still haveing water issues? At the risk of the obvious it reassures you if stove lights and gas alarm is armed and quiet. Use precautions. For the cost of not very much fuel for a 7 hour run try a local tech to confirm your doubts. Two hour run is sounding good and confirm if you need to return. I wish I had recorded my first inspection tour.
Yes the stove works lights up and still having the water issues. I am going to speak with the sales guy tomorrow again and I am making an appointment and driving 2 hrs to another service department that probably isn't covered. But I'll gladly send them the receipt!

Old 05-08-2014, 10:41 PM   #52
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahmain View Post
Yes the stove works lights up and still having the water issues. I am going to speak with the sales guy tomorrow again and I am making an appointment and driving 2 hrs to another service department that probably isn't covered. But I'll gladly send them the receipt!
Better get it confirmed that you can do that first, or else you could be stuck with a nasty bill. Might be better to call FR's warranty department and see if they can find you somebody local who'll do it through a warranty claim.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:42 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
Better get it confirmed that you can do that first, or else you could be stuck with a nasty bill. Might be better to call FR's warranty department and see if they can find you somebody local who'll do it through a warranty claim.
Yeah I will most likely do that. Just very frustrated as nothings working on a brand new trailer!
Old 05-08-2014, 11:27 PM   #54

Good point by Kaadk about repairs under warranty, and it does sound like you need some hands-on advice on more than one issue. I thought a shorter trip would cost less for your fuel, Follow Kaadk's advice if you need repairs. Good luck
Old 05-08-2014, 11:53 PM   #55

We all have issues with our new trailers, I think. Take a deep breath and note everything wrong. I picked up mine in November and brought it back to be repaired, they had it all winter and I just picked it back up. They said they winterized it in Nov at drop off and I said great then why is the outside shower leaking. Said they dewinterized it in mid march, when it was still freezing during the day up here. Good luck and hope it all works out.

kids think tt stands for tan turd.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
when the furnace kicks on, do you hear a tic-tic-tic (have DW stand near furnace exhaust as a double check)

That sound BTW is the auto ignition feature of the furnace.
Hear that sound but no joy? May sound silly but you DO have propane in your tanks, don't you?
Took the propane tanks to get filled. They were pretty much full when I brought them there. I hooked them back up and I could hear the clicking sound but no ignition. Not even the smell of propane.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:44 PM   #57

Then it's most likely only one thing, propane flow.

1. The solenoid can't open.

2. The solenoid isn't being commanded to open. Board, power to the solenoid, loose wire even.

3. The propane can't flow, kinked hose for example.

There's other possibilities, but no ignition and no smell, it seems that the propane isn't flowing for some reason.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:09 PM   #58

Don't want to hear we all have problem with our new campers, just traded my 2011 keystone, Alpine.On a crusader.NEVER had any problems with my keystone.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #59

I am sure the kinks will get worked out. Just frustrated that it's new and it has some issues. Ah well. I will take it in and see what the issues are and they can fix it.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:02 AM   #60

I guess some of us get the bum deal of issues while most dont. Mine is going back again tomorrow for repairs to the floor they already repaired once and a few other issues. Good luck with yours

kids think tt stands for tan turd.

Tags
camper