Old 05-14-2014, 07:16 PM   #61

Dropped it off at the dealer. I'll let you guys know what the issues were.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:55 AM   #62

Well what a discovery!!

So, I picked up the trailer from a authorized dealer in the area and learned quite a few things about what is causing the issues and how shady the dealership I purchased this trailer is.

As you recall the furnace wasn't working. The tech stated that someone had disconnected the wires from the panel, along with the wires at the furnace. After taking it camping, the furnace STILL doesn't work and we had to resort to using space heaters.

The water pump. The pump works however when you fill the fresh water tank and try to pump the water through the system it doesn't work. The tech stated that someone knew about the issue went underneath the trailer cut open the belly of the trailer. They attempted to fix the wiring however were unsuccessful or just plain gave up and duct taped the belly back together and left it not working.

As for the toilet leaking, the tech stated it's cracked at the valve area which he believes is caused by poor winterizing and is NOT covered under warranty. He was able to remove the toilet, and cap off the water so we could have running water for our trip.

When we went to use the kitchen sink the water pressure was so low it's probably kinked somewhere where it was tightened, and it leaks all into the plumbing under the sink. So we resorted to using the outside sink.

I am SO pissed off at all these issues and the BS this LARGE dealer has done. I plan on calling them tomorrow as it's a holiday today. They are paying the non warranty repair on the toilet!, I will propose that I bring the trailer ack to them 7hrs, they pay my fuel costs and they fix every god damn problem with this BRAND NEW 2013 trailer!

I will be headed there for work reasons in a month and will be scheduling a meeting with the sales rep and the manager of the dealership and I want answers!

Anyone recommend anything else? I mean what a horrible PDI. I gave them 2 months notice of the EXACT date when I was coming and they didn't do anything to prepare. It wasn't even dewinterized like they said it would be.

Wait till I get there.

Thanks for listening guys. I am beyond pissed off.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:16 AM   #63

Where are u located & what is the name of the dealership?
Old 05-19-2014, 11:59 AM   #64

I live inbetween Sault Ste Marie, and Sudbury Ontario. The place I bought it is RV Canada in Ottawa, Ontario.

RV Canada Ottawa – Ottawa’s Biggest RV Dealer
Old 05-19-2014, 12:06 PM   #65

Original Grill Gauge:Amazon:Patio, Lawn & Garden
Get one of these. They are great to have
Old 05-22-2014, 08:19 AM   #66

Bit of an update. Spoke to the salesman at the dealership. He advised that he wants to trade the trailer in and put me in a 2014 Jayco and will work on the cost. I told him I am willing to do that however I am not going to pay more than what I am paying now and the onus is on them to make it right. They clearly knew it had issues but sold it to me regardless. I also told him that I have to tow it back to them 7hrs and I want to be reimbursed the cost of fuel to drive there and back with a newer trailer. I also obtained a letter from the tech who worked on the trailer when I took it to him with all the issues he found and how he believed it was shady workmanship at the dealership. Personally I do not want this trailer anymore it has way too many issues and I am scared to keep it. And I would like to get out of this contract with this dealership and go to another one but I am wondering how I am going to go about this and get my money back if even possible.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:08 AM   #67

Well our trailer was involved in a crash yesterday another vehicle slammed into the side of it. With all the issues we've had with this "New" trailer I sure HOPE to GOD the insurance company writes it off.

Do you guys think they will try to fix this instead of writing it off? If you look inside you can see right outside. It's a lot worse than this picture too.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:24 AM   #68

It all depends on how much it costs to fix it. If that number is above say 70% of the value of your trailer then it goes buh-bye. I think chances are in your favor but it's all about the numbers at this point. JMHO.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:13 PM   #69
Infractee

When our last camper was damaged the adjuster mentioned that if they saw any signs of water entry into the unit that was an automatic total of the unit. So, you may want to check for water entry and be sure and point it out to your adjuster...

Tags
camper