Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2014, 02:12 AM   #1

New Camper. What comes with it???

Hello all I am new to this forum and new to Trailer camping. The wife and I recently bought a 2013 Wildwood 29ft trailer. It looks beautiful and we can't wait to pick it up in the beginning of may. I had a few questions as I want to ensure I am not getting played at the dealer when I go pick it up.

I am inquiring as to what comes standard with the trailer from the factory. Mostly related to cables. IE Sewer hose, fresh water hose, power cable? I just want to make sure I don't get played and end up paying for something that should be coming with the trailer.

Also do TV's naturally come standard with it? I have seen many that do, but ours didn't come with one.

Our sales rep was pretty good guy, but the owner/finance guy was too shady for my liking tried to sell us lots of extra's that we didn't really need or want.

We are really excited to go camping and learn how to use this beautiful trailer!

If anyone has any good tips/hints on first time use please let me know. I will look around the FAQ and sub forums here I am sure there is a ton of info to learn about!

Thanks!
Fahmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:29 AM   #2
Site Team

power cable is all that comes with the trailer.

the dealer MAY give you a starter kit which has cheap version of the basic stuff you might need. usually a cheap sewer hose, plastic water regulator, 30 to 15 adapter, white water hose.

my dealer did not give a starter kit but i got better stuff at Walmart.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:40 AM   #3

New Camper. What comes with it???

We did not get a starter kit or tv with our new TT. We were offered 20% off everything we bought from the dealer the day we picked up our TT.
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:04 AM   #4

Okay that's good to know. I ended up buying a separate 30amp to 15amp cable. Looks like I'll get a better sewer hose and water regulater
Old 04-21-2014, 05:40 AM   #5

definitely buy a quality sewer hose such as a Rhino. Get a brass water pressure regulator. Depending the type of sites you will be camping at, you might need a variety of electrical adapters just to be safe, and maybe an extension cord. Wheel chocks and blocks for leveling
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #6
Site Team

yes, tandem wheel chocks and Lynx Levelers are necessary.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:42 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahmain View Post

Also do TV's naturally come standard with it? I have seen many that do, but ours didn't come with one.

Thanks!
Mine came with one but two years later my father bought the same trailer and he didn't get one.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:50 AM   #8

ours came with nothing and I had to pay for everything, battery, cable 50amp, sewer hose (cheap), but I had another from last TT, propane. TV was standard.

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:55 AM   #9

Congrats on the new camper! I am sure you will be like the rest of us and buy, buy , buy. I am a safety nut so Surge protectors and water regulators with a guage are always a good thing to have. the more you camp the more you buy... good luck and welcome
Old 04-21-2014, 12:12 PM   #10

As said, power cable only. See if your dealer will let you take store credit on the starter kit, then use that money towards better stuff. Here's a basic list of what you'll need that's in the starter kit plus a few extra things you'll need.

1. Sewer hose. I've got a dual 10' (20' total) RhinoFlex kit and love it.
2. White hose. I got good quality hoses years ago and still use them, three 50' lengths, that way I only get out what I need, can go as far as needed and if one fails, I've got two more in the winds. Though I'm wondering how long they're going to last, they've been around a long time but are still soft and pliable. Good white hose is coated to prevent mildew buildup and I drain the hose every time I roll it up.
3. Brass water regulator. I want to get an adjustable, but my basic straight through one has served me well over the years.
4. Toilet paper and black chemical. Opinions vary, any TP that breaks up easily is fine. Septic safe is what you're looking for and will save some money. I'm still using drop in chemicals but while supplies last I'm looking hard at the GEO method. Either way is fine though.
4A. Rubber gloves. Go to a parts store and find Nitrile gloves. Tougher than latex, not expensive and work great. You'll feel better first time you dump the tanks knowing your hands are covered.

Not in most starter kits.
5. Levelers. I use Andersen, others use Lynx. They're all good, pick what looks best to you.
6. Cable for TV. Regular coaxial cable, I think I have 50'.
7. 30A extension cord. Will be worth it's weight in gold at some point.
8. 2X8 ripped into 1' lengths, about ten of them. Makes life easier with jacks, stabilizers, etc.

Much as I hate it, most of it can be had at Walmart much cheaper than your dealer. I don't mind supporting my local dealer, but I don't want the guy to retire off me either. Sad thing is, they know it too.

Good luck, happy camping! Spend the first night out in the driveway, that way home is a short walk when you forgot this, that, and the other.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:21 PM   #11
PPST OGCDG

Fahmain to The Forum From Southeastern Virginia
We received a welcome kit: A pack of RV toilet paper, Sample of Black Water Tank Chem., White water Hose, Sewer Hose, Water Pressure Reg,. 30 amp to 15 amp Adapter.

2x to above posts

When you go to Pickup your trailer carry with you this PDI form: http://www.eaglecapowners.com/camper...Inspection.pdf
Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:25 PM   #12

When we bought our new camper this year my wife asked about a few "extras" such as a television & oven. I inquired about the sewer & fresh water hoses. The salesman, who we purchased our pop up from, told us that those extras really inflate the prices of campers if the manufacturer adds them as standard equipment. That makes sense. We were also offered 20% off of there store prices the day we bought our camper. I refuse to purchase items from the dealership stores. The prices a really inflated. With internet shopping available I can find the exact same items for at least 1/3 cheaper than the dealership store. I can find just about everything I want through Amazon & as a Prime Member just about everything has free shipping. I would much rather go out and by the "extras" and get what I want instead of excepting whatever the manufacturer supplies. Even if the manufacturer recommends certain brands I can find them much cheaper somewhere else.

Enjoy the new camper. We really enjoyed our first trip this past weekend.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:28 PM   #13

SKnight has a pretty extensive list (Think I will steal it for my RV 101 files )

If you have not bought your stuff yet, you can get an even better deal on Amazon (especially if you are a Prime member!)

In almost every case, your RV dealer, Camping World, or a RV-specific store will be MUCH more costly than Wal-Mart or Amazon

Saw you comment about TVs in RVs. This usually depends on the "package" you buy - for instance our package came with 2 TVs - on in the LR and the other in the BR.

Does your RV have a space earmarked for a TV?
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:34 PM   #14

Buy a pack of fuses. Popped my main very first trip

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:49 PM   #15
NELA

Speaking of add-ons, we met a wonderful couple camping a couple of weeks ago. They are now members here but I'll leave it to them to self-identify.

They bought their Puma without the microwave and installed one themselves. From the factory: $600.00
Installed themselves: $100.00

A surge protector is a MUST. Yes, they can be pricey, but one time plugging in to bad shore power at a camp site can cost you thousands of dollars in fried RV components.

Surge Guard RV Power Portable 120 240 50amp Protector | eBay

Prices vary, so shop around; Camping World, eBay, Amazon, etc.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:16 PM   #16

Awesome and very informative replies. I really appreciate it!! We can not wait to get into our camper. And I will deff go to walmart and get those items!

Thanks again!!

And yes the RV comes with 2 TV cable ports already. So just have to screw the coaxle into the wall and into the back of the tvs.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:37 PM   #17

If your tv's have them. My new one from best buy doesn't have coax!

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:46 PM   #18
Site Team

My TT didn't come with a TV set so I picked one up from Costco. Dealership gave a starter kit but like most people I upgraded the sewer hose and fresh water hose right away.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:17 PM   #19

What comes with it...

...well, dreams ... and if you look behind all the drawers and into the duct work, ... sawdust!...

Best of luck. Have lots of fun. It's a great lifestyle.
slipf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:37 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
4. Toilet paper and black chemical. Opinions vary, any TP that breaks up easily is fine. Septic safe is what you're looking for and will save some money.
I see a lot of people claiming RV TP is expensive, but when we bought our TT we picked up 5 packs of the stuff for like 5 bucks. That's only 0.25 per roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
Go to a parts store and find Nitrile gloves.
Got my box at Costco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Saw you comment about TVs in RVs. This usually depends on the "package" you buy - for instance our package came with 2 TVs - on in the LR and the other in the BR.

Does your RV have a space earmarked for a TV?
I remember when we were looking, it basically came down to "If it has a TV mount already installed, a TV is included. If not, then not."

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDAMAN174 View Post
Buy a pack of fuses. Popped my main very first trip
Can't agree with this more. Especially the fuse for the tongue jack. I went through a ton of those learning where the proper time to stop is. If you run it until it stops on it's own, it's blown a fuse.

Tags
camper