Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2019, 10:10 AM   #1

New owner. 2019 Wildwood 263BHXL questions.

I just purchased a used 2019 263BHXL. I have a few questions if anyone would so kind to help me out.

The refrigerator has no switches for gas/electric/auto like other campers I've used. The prior owner said it only ran off electric or the battery if the camper it was not plugged in to electric power. They said they cooled it at home with electric and then while towing it ran off the battery and the truck kept it charged. I assume they know. My question is if I turn the refrigerator setting to zero will that fully shut it off?

The entertainment center has the radio and all audio controls. I can't find a way to turn it completely off. When not plugged into electric it still has lights on and I assume is using battery power. Is there a way to turn it completely off so no lights are on or anything? Am I just not figuring out how to operate it? I don't want to have to keep the thing plugged into electric all the time to keep the battery from running down.

Speaking of the battery, is there any way to disconnect the battery without taking the cables off the battery itself? It's not easy to get to behind the propane tanks. I'd like to have a disconnect switch to do that when I'm not using it to just turn the whole thing off. Can I put one in the line somewhere that would be easy to get to?

I'm sure I'll have more questions. Thanks in advance for any help.
TBarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 12:12 PM   #2
Site Team

You probably have the Everchill 12v DC only fridge, which is a recent fridge option. You should be able to download the manual, if you get the model number.
You need to check your 7-pin connector and see if the charging wire is supplying juice.

As far as I know, Wildwoods don't have a factory battery disconnect switches, like other brands do. So you'll have to install your own. Thousands of posts here on that.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 03:10 AM   #3

My wildwood did not have a battery disconnect so I had to install one myself. Real easy to do. As for radio, it will continue to stay lit along with the microwave display and the co detector as long as battery is hooked up. Here is the disconnect I installed. Good luck!Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190716-030605.jpeg
Views:	174
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	210027
happyttowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 07:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyttowner View Post
My wildwood did not have a battery disconnect so I had to install one myself. Real easy to do. As for radio, it will continue to stay lit along with the microwave display and the co detector as long as battery is hooked up. Here is the disconnect I installed. Good luck!Attachment 210027
I'm curious where did you put it Thanks.
Old 07-16-2019, 01:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBarks View Post
Speaking of the battery, is there any way to disconnect the battery without taking the cables off the battery itself? It's not easy to get to behind the propane tanks. I'd like to have a disconnect switch to do that when I'm not using it to just turn the whole thing off. Can I put one in the line somewhere that would be easy to get to?
My 2014 Wildwood had no battery shutoff either. So I added a second battery and a switch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190626_104823.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	349.2 KB
ID:	210044  
mdarmody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 02:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
You probably have the Everchill 12v DC only fridge, which is a recent fridge option.
Or maybe a residential frig?
lewisra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:12 AM   #7

I put it on the back side top of battery box, make sure to seal it so water dont get in, if you place it there. Real simple to do and its hidden from little kids eyes lol.
Quote:
I'm curious where did you put it Thanks.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyttowner View Post
I put it on the back side top of battery box, make sure to seal it so water dont get in, if you place it there. Real simple to do and its hidden from little kids eyes lol.
Thanks. I ordered one of those switches yesterday.

As far as the frig, it is an EverChill DC version. No gas option.

I made a few assumptions. The hot water heater is gas only instead of both. I'd rather it have the electric option. It's not my electric when connected at a campground.

We plan to make a little test run this weekend. I'm sure I'll find more stuff to ask about. Thanks for the replies so far.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:45 AM   #9

That's what we r here for is to help out when we can.
Getting ready to leave for a 2 week vacation at Myrtle Beach State Park! I am so ready for relaxation!
Quote:
Thanks. I ordered one of those switches yesterday.

As far as the frig, it is an EverChill DC version. No gas option.

I made a few assumptions. The hot water heater is gas only instead of both. I'd rather it have the electric option. It's not my electric when connected at a campground.

We plan to make a little test run this weekend. I'm sure I'll find more stuff to ask about. Thanks for the replies so far.
Old 07-19-2019, 01:50 PM   #10

I've now learned that any warranties only apply to the original owner. They don't transfer with a sale. I obviously didn't check this out too well. I might have bought one a little older and saved some money.

Also the A/C won't even keep it 80 degrees on a feels like 106 degree day sitting in the sun. I know that's hot and direct sun doesn't help but I didn't think it would struggle that much. The older fifth wheel I've been using didn't seem to have that hard of a time. I suppose it was made a little better with a bigger A/C and more insulation. It was just at the point of not needing to be going up and down the road much without some serious work. That's too hot to be camping anyway...
Old 07-19-2019, 02:11 PM   #11

If you have ducted a/c, slide the “bar” on the a/c unit so it doesn’t send to the air ducts. Then get a pedestal fan to distribute the cool air throughout. Been in the desert in 100 degree heat as well as just returned from Virginia and 96 degrees. Our single a/c unit and fan kept us cool.
lewisra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 02:41 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisra View Post
If you have ducted a/c, slide the “bar” on the a/c unit so it doesn’t send to the air ducts. Then get a pedestal fan to distribute the cool air throughout. Been in the desert in 100 degree heat as well as just returned from Virginia and 96 degrees. Our single a/c unit and fan kept us cool.
It does have the slides and I've had them wide open. That doesn't shut off the air to the ducts though. It just puts less to them. I did put a fan in it and that hasn't really changed much.

I tested the air going into the return and coming out of the vent at the unit. It was around 75 in and 55 out. My thermometer my be off a little but I was just to see the difference. I've read a 20 degree difference is about all you can expect. It feels like 106 today and the temp inside just keeps creeping up. 84 now. The camper is less than a year old and the AC unit is clean and the filters are clean. I suppose this thing just doesn't have enough insulation and a big enough AC unit to do any better when it's this hot.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:16 AM   #13

Does anyone know what brand the LED lights under the awning might be? Mine are white and they draw too many bugs. You can't open the door without a big swarm getting in. I'd like to replace them with blue. There's many options on Amazon. I just need to find the right replacement style and length. Thanks.
Old 09-07-2019, 06:28 PM   #14

Hold your power button for a few seconds and it should go off. Mine does on my 2018 230BHXL.
Mike
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 V8 4x4
Mike223 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood