Old 02-16-2016, 10:27 AM   #11

With the water pump I found on mine they had used ridged hose from the pump to the main lines. This caused the vibration from the pump to be transmitted to all the piping in the trailer. I put flex hose on the pump and mounted the pump on a rubber max (mat was screwed to the camper and the pump is screwed into the rubber mat) this reduced the noise a lot. I also installed an accumulator so the pump does not have to run as often.

Vibe 6501
1 Prospector Canoe
2 Mtn. Bikes
4 Hiking Boots
Happy Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:21 AM   #12
Camp Bartender

On our 2015 28Dbud, we had the same issue with the couch drawer, the dealership put two extra latches on it.

2015: 7 Trips, 20 Nights Camped
2016: 7 Trips, 23 Nights Camped
2017: 5 Trips planned (so far)
stevensmith2859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 06:23 PM   #13

More questions.....

Installed a TV. Live in a residential area middle of city. Let the tv auto tune and no matter what direction I spun the antenna no channels. Tried both coax plugs, and boost on and off. This was while hooked up to power off my home, so not 30amp if that makes a difference. Is the antenna that bad, or is it most likely not connected?

Other issue, also with AV. Ran the red and white RCA cables from the L/R audio outputs on the DVD player to the tv and no sound from tv. Can only get DVD audio from the speakers in ceiling. Haven't pulled the audio panel yet, but is this often left disconnected?

'16 28DBUD
'16 2500HD Dmax
Phenom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:40 AM   #14

New owner of 28DBUD with a couple questions

More questions.....

Installed a TV. Live in a residential area middle of city. Let the tv auto tune and no matter what direction I spun the antenna no channels. Tried both coax plugs, and boost on and off. This was while hooked up to power off my home, so not 30amp if that makes a difference. Is the antenna that bad, or is it most likely not connected?

Other issue, also with AV. Ran the red and white RCA cables from the L/R audio outputs on the DVD player to the tv and no sound from tv. Can only get DVD audio from the speakers in ceiling. Haven't pulled the audio panel yet, but is this often left disconnected?

Welcome aboard. I just got on the forum a couple of weeks ago. Great group of people here. We bought a new 30kqbss and since we/I had similar issues I figured I would chime in.
1. You house plug should be just fine. Just DO NOT turn on your A/C unit unless it is a true 30 amp service. If the light comes on when your Boost switch is used I would "guess" that it is hooked up and the antenna is bad. However with these new tv's make sure you use antenna for your channel search and not cable or satellite.
2. The way our DVD is set up, I had to run red, white and yellow Rca cables To get dvd sound. However the problem arises when you want tv sound. Then you have to pull the DVDs player out and install more rca cables to the tv itself. So basically for the moment we are just using our surround sound with the dvd and radio and the tv sound just comes from tv speaker.
Hope this helped some?
Enjoy your new rig!!!
Old 02-28-2016, 10:04 AM   #15

Thanks. Sounds like I was doing it all right. I was hoping I could get DVD sound from the tv, so I could flip it around to the bedroom and watch something. Guess I'll need to figure a work around on that, and then also drop the camper off for a new antenna.

'16 28DBUD
'16 2500HD Dmax
Old 03-04-2016, 08:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
More questions.....

What size tv did you mount? What's the max size for that panel?
Old 03-04-2016, 08:40 PM   #17

I mounted a 32". Fits perfect with room to spare. I remove it when underway.

'16 28DBUD
'16 2500HD Dmax
Old 03-04-2016, 08:44 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
I mounted a 32". Fits perfect with room to spare. I remove it when underway.
Great. I purchased a 32 on a whim hoping it fits. Pickup our 28DBUD in a week and we're headed out for a week cruising the Texas gulf coast.

Glad you mentioned removing it for transport, wasn't sure how sturdy that swivel mount is.

Let me know any quirks you find with the camper since I'll be learning the ropes here soon enough.

What are you pulling it with?
Old 03-04-2016, 08:59 PM   #19

Have fun. We really like ours. I think the swivel is pretty sturdy, but I had to use pretty short screws for the mount, so that's where my concern was. Only takes a minute or two to remove and then I burry in the bed under the comforter between the pillows. Only quirks I've found so far are in the posts above. Only spent 5 nights in it so far though.

Pulling it with Tundra Crewmax 5.7 2wd. Seems to do pretty well so far. Power is no problem, however I'm 40lbs from max weight vehicle weight, so a 3/4 ton would probably be better, but I'd miss the power.

'16 28DBUD
'16 2500HD Dmax
Old 03-05-2016, 12:29 PM   #20
Camp Bartender

I have a 19 inch in mine. We keep it mounted, just swivel it around so its trapped in the small space between the bedroom doors.

2015: 7 Trips, 20 Nights Camped
2016: 7 Trips, 23 Nights Camped
2017: 5 Trips planned (so far)
stevensmith2859 is offline   Reply With Quote