Old 03-05-2016, 03:31 PM   #21

We have had our 2015 28DBUD for about a year now and camped 30 nights last season over 6 trips and about 3500 miles of towing. Like you, we are very happy with the trailer despite a few minor issues. Regarding your questions:

1)When the slide is in, I can see a little daylight inside on the floor where the slide meets the wall near the bedroom. Everything appears to be in place, so just wondering if this is normal.

Exactly the same on ours. We were concerned so we went to the dealer to look at other similar units they had on the lot - every single one was identical. So, this is clearly a design issue. Our solution has been to stuff a wadded up hand towel between the floor and the slide on each side of the slide from the inside. Obviously the back one is harder to get access to with the slide in, but you can do it. Because it is on the bottom, water intrusion is not a concern, but we just didn't want it open like that (dust, insects, rodents, etc.). So far, the hand towels have worked great.

2)On the underside where some wires run into the fabric covering there a bit of a gap. I'm wondering if when driving in rain, water will enter there and then pool, weighing it down and ripping it?

Again, same here. I agree with others on using some Gorilla Tape to seal them up.

3)My grey filled up really fast on our two night trip. When I drained it, it came out with some pretty good force. Odd thing is, it actually did it twice. Drained for a bit and then after jigging the trailer around a bit it started up again. Normal or was something maybe clogging it from the factory?

It is possible you could have some clogging. I have heard that during construction, it is not unheard of for hole saw cutouts to fall into the tank and be left there. Not really sure how you'd find out.

4)When running the hot water heater, I tried to run it electric and gas at once. Had some overflow from the valve on the outside. Is this normal, or was it heating up too much using both sources?

From what I've been told, it's perfectly acceptable to use both the LPG and electric at the same time. The question is how much overflow? A few drips is no big deal, but if you are having a substantial amount of water come out, the valve may be bad. If so, it can easily be replaced.

5)Water Pump vibration. When I used the FW tank, if a faucet was on full, the pump was fairly loud and the vibrations could be felt in the floor. If I ran at lower flow from the faucet or two faucets in full it wasn't nearly as bad. Is this normal? I pulled the panel and the pump appears to be secure.

I agree with putting a flexible hose on the pump output. Mine came that way from the factory, but if yours did not, this is a quick and inexpensive fix. Also, I added a ShurFlo accumulator (about $35 on Amazon) for added noise reduction and so the pump doesn't cycle as much. I plumbed mine directly onto the pump outlet and then the hose from there. I highly recommend this upgrade.

Regarding the TV antenna, we have the same issue, can't receive any channels even in areas of known reception. From what I've read, the fixed factory antenna doesn't work well. I may look into installing a crank up antenna or Jack antenna, but frankly we don't watch much TV when camping, so this is really low on the upgrade list for us!

Now with the DVD player, we had the exact same problem. I pulled out the player and found that they connected the RCA jacks on the back of the player incorrectly. I don't remember exactly what they did, but when I looked at it, it was obvious what was wrong. Plug RCA plugs into the correct jacks, problem solved!

Some other things we experienced that you may want to keep on the lookout for:

We had several small plumbing leaks show up on both the pressure side and drain side. All were corrected by hand tightening the fittings at the faucets and at the kitchen P-trap. I'm guessing that they never adequately tightened them at the factory, then they slowly loosened from every bump as we went down the road. Also, we had a leak appear when filling the fresh water tank. If you remove the panel below the fridge, you can see the tube that comes from the wall and then goes thru the floor to the tank. The leak was where the tube was connected to the fill port. My arms weren't long enough to reach the radiator style clamp from under the fridge though, so I ended up removing the fill port from the outside and tightening the clamp that way. Solved the problem. Make sure to properly re-seal the fill port to the camperís siding when you are done.

I also had both the front and rear stabilizer switches fail on me. Of course you could still operate the stabs with the remote control. I didn't want to tow the camper all the way to the dealer, so I got them to drop ship the new switches straight to me (under warranty) and I easily replaced them. If they fail again, I intend to replace them with high quality marine switches next time.

So, basically after one year, my only issues were tightening a couple of fittings and replacing two switches. Different people may have different opinions, but for me, I'd put myself down as "very satisfied" at this point. I feel that we got very good value for the money with the 28DBUD and with proper maintenance, expect to enjoy many years of happy camping with it! Really great floor plan too!

Old 03-06-2016, 09:02 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm757 View Post
We have had our 2015 28DBUD for about a year now and camped 30 nights last season over 6 trips and about 3500 miles of towing. Like you, we are very happy with the trailer despite a few minor issues. Regarding your questions:

1)When the slide is in, I can see a little daylight inside on the floor where the slide meets the wall near the bedroom. Everything appears to be in place, so just wondering if this is normal.

Exactly the same on ours. We were concerned so we went to the dealer to look at other similar units they had on the lot - every single one was identical. So, this is clearly a design issue. Our solution has been to stuff a wadded up hand towel between the floor and the slide on each side of the slide from the inside. Obviously the back one is harder to get access to with the slide in, but you can do it. Because it is on the bottom, water intrusion is not a concern, but we just didn't want it open like that (dust, insects, rodents, etc.). So far, the hand towels have worked great.

2)On the underside where some wires run into the fabric covering there a bit of a gap. I'm wondering if when driving in rain, water will enter there and then pool, weighing it down and ripping it?

Again, same here. I agree with others on using some Gorilla Tape to seal them up.

3)My grey filled up really fast on our two night trip. When I drained it, it came out with some pretty good force. Odd thing is, it actually did it twice. Drained for a bit and then after jigging the trailer around a bit it started up again. Normal or was something maybe clogging it from the factory?

It is possible you could have some clogging. I have heard that during construction, it is not unheard of for hole saw cutouts to fall into the tank and be left there. Not really sure how you'd find out.

4)When running the hot water heater, I tried to run it electric and gas at once. Had some overflow from the valve on the outside. Is this normal, or was it heating up too much using both sources?

From what I've been told, it's perfectly acceptable to use both the LPG and electric at the same time. The question is how much overflow? A few drips is no big deal, but if you are having a substantial amount of water come out, the valve may be bad. If so, it can easily be replaced.

5)Water Pump vibration. When I used the FW tank, if a faucet was on full, the pump was fairly loud and the vibrations could be felt in the floor. If I ran at lower flow from the faucet or two faucets in full it wasn't nearly as bad. Is this normal? I pulled the panel and the pump appears to be secure.

I agree with putting a flexible hose on the pump output. Mine came that way from the factory, but if yours did not, this is a quick and inexpensive fix. Also, I added a ShurFlo accumulator (about $35 on Amazon) for added noise reduction and so the pump doesn't cycle as much. I plumbed mine directly onto the pump outlet and then the hose from there. I highly recommend this upgrade.

Regarding the TV antenna, we have the same issue, can't receive any channels even in areas of known reception. From what I've read, the fixed factory antenna doesn't work well. I may look into installing a crank up antenna or Jack antenna, but frankly we don't watch much TV when camping, so this is really low on the upgrade list for us!

Now with the DVD player, we had the exact same problem. I pulled out the player and found that they connected the RCA jacks on the back of the player incorrectly. I don't remember exactly what they did, but when I looked at it, it was obvious what was wrong. Plug RCA plugs into the correct jacks, problem solved!

Some other things we experienced that you may want to keep on the lookout for:

We had several small plumbing leaks show up on both the pressure side and drain side. All were corrected by hand tightening the fittings at the faucets and at the kitchen P-trap. I'm guessing that they never adequately tightened them at the factory, then they slowly loosened from every bump as we went down the road. Also, we had a leak appear when filling the fresh water tank. If you remove the panel below the fridge, you can see the tube that comes from the wall and then goes thru the floor to the tank. The leak was where the tube was connected to the fill port. My arms weren't long enough to reach the radiator style clamp from under the fridge though, so I ended up removing the fill port from the outside and tightening the clamp that way. Solved the problem. Make sure to properly re-seal the fill port to the camperís siding when you are done.

I also had both the front and rear stabilizer switches fail on me. Of course you could still operate the stabs with the remote control. I didn't want to tow the camper all the way to the dealer, so I got them to drop ship the new switches straight to me (under warranty) and I easily replaced them. If they fail again, I intend to replace them with high quality marine switches next time.

So, basically after one year, my only issues were tightening a couple of fittings and replacing two switches. Different people may have different opinions, but for me, I'd put myself down as "very satisfied" at this point. I feel that we got very good value for the money with the 28DBUD and with proper maintenance, expect to enjoy many years of happy camping with it! Really great floor plan too!

That is some great info. Thanks. Save me a dealer trip and now I know to keep my remote batteries in good shape.

Have you noticed your floor feeling soft in a small area near the heater vent across from the dinette?

'16 28DBUD
'16 2500HD Dmax
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:37 AM   #23

>>Have you noticed your floor feeling soft in a small area near the heater vent across from the dinette?<<

No, I really haven't. I'll go check it out later today, but I'm sure we would have noticed that. May be worth asking the dealer or even calling FR directly. The floor is tongue and groove plywood, so I can't really imagine what would cause that.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:40 AM   #24
Camp Bartender

Rdm757, mine felt soft, pretty much right in the middle of the floor right by the floor vent. My dealership said thats normal, how it was designed, but they noted it in our service jacket incase it becomes an issue down the road. I just try and stay away from it.

2015: 7 Trips, 20 Nights Camped
2016: 7 Trips, 23 Nights Camped
2017: 5 Trips planned (so far)
stevensmith2859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:38 PM   #25

Glad to hear the floor thing is normal. I figured it may be a result of the ducting.

Also, I pulled the stereo and checked the connections. Sure enough the audio cables were plugged into the Audio In spots instead of Audio Out. Wasn't able to test it out, but I'm sure that'll fix the issue. My list of write ups is shrinking rapidly. Thanks for all the advise gentlemen.

'16 28DBUD
'16 2500HD Dmax
Old 03-08-2016, 10:52 AM   #26
Camp Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenom View Post
Glad to hear the floor thing is normal. I figured it may be a result of the ducting.

Also, I pulled the stereo and checked the connections. Sure enough the audio cables were plugged into the Audio In spots instead of Audio Out. Wasn't able to test it out, but I'm sure that'll fix the issue. My list of write ups is shrinking rapidly. Thanks for all the advise gentlemen.
You are welcome! Enjoy that 28DBUD! Although, I do suggest a mattress topper.....They don't come with the best mattresses.....

2015: 7 Trips, 20 Nights Camped
2016: 7 Trips, 23 Nights Camped
2017: 5 Trips planned (so far)
stevensmith2859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 11:10 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmith2859 View Post
You are welcome! Enjoy that 28DBUD! Although, I do suggest a mattress topper.....They don't come with the best mattresses.....

Picked up a 4" topper at Wally World before the second trip. It was a must.

'16 28DBUD
'16 2500HD Dmax
Old 03-08-2016, 11:46 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmith2859 View Post

Picked up a 4" topper at Wally World before the second trip. It was a must.

'16 28DBUD
'16 2500HD Dmax
Old 03-09-2016, 04:24 PM   #29

Just curious, is the overall length with tongue and trailer 29' 10" as the spec sheet says?

One person I spoke with said it was 31 and some change.

Another said 29' 10" was the overall length.

Thanks.
Old 03-09-2016, 04:26 PM   #30

I measured mine at just over 29, from the tip of rear frame to tongue. With the spare 29'10" or 30 even seems about right.

'16 28DBUD
'16 2500HD Dmax