Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2016, 07:47 PM   #1

New Owner with Questions

Hi new to Forum we have a 2015 Forest River Wildwood 28 RLDS. Looking for other members with the same model to swap questions. Thanks

Jim and Ruby
justpassinthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 04:40 PM   #2

We just traded for one. Loving it so far. Headed out for some cold camping next week!

Don't really like the setup for the TV and entertainment (music) systems. Been thing of how to change it around.

How are you liking yours??

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
RiverBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 04:43 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyr View Post
Hi new to Forum we have a 2015 Forest River Wildwood 28 RLDS. Looking for other members with the same model to swap questions. Thanks

Jim and Ruby
Welcome to the forums from SoCal! You might find some answers in the Salem forum. It's my understanding that some Wildwood and Cruise Lite units are twins. (Same layout in different lines)

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:13 PM   #4

Thanks for the response. Yeah we really like the camper but a lot of issues with the stabilizer electric legs and the antenna not getting any channels. Just bought some tv"s today at brandsmart a 32" for Lv rm and 19" for bedroom. Did u have a lot of problems since purchase we have had the unit for 6 weeks and had 15 things wrong with it and finally had warranty work done
Old 01-03-2016, 09:23 PM   #5

Warranty work is not unusual in the first 5 or 10 outings... especially electrical components. We traded in a 2013 FR model and it had 25 (or so) warranty repairs. Finally got everything straighten out. Expecting much of the same with our new trailer.

Hope your dealer is responsive to your needs!

The omni TV antenna is junk. We had ours replaced with a jack before we took delivery. Will cost you $300 or so (dealer install), but well worth it.

Good luck and enjoy the camper!!

Old 01-03-2016, 09:30 PM   #6

Welcome to FRF from SW Idaho.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:31 PM   #7

Most of the time new RV owners that can't get any channels is because they are not setting up the system correctly or not understanding how to use the antenna booster. Here's a couple of suggestions;

1) Booster is turned ON when receiving "off-air TV reception". The light is located on the booster and will be lit when the booster is ON. Turn OFF the booster when connected to RV park cable system.

2) You will need to do a channel search/scan whenever you start using your TV in a new location. This is required for both "off-air" and "cable reception". Read your TV owners manual if you have any questions on how to do a channel search/scan.
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:38 PM   #8

I could not get any tv reception (zero) in my brand new 2015 Wildwood DLX. Turned out that the electronic connection box on the wall that has the booster switch and green light was faulty. When I removed it there was metallic construction debris on the electronic board that I suspect had shorted something out.
Togger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:43 PM   #9

Thanks guys for the feedback. I will take the jack off the wall and check the connection. Thanks Jim
Old 01-05-2016, 08:22 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
We just traded for one. Loving it so far. Headed out for some cold camping next week!

Don't really like the setup for the TV and entertainment (music) systems. Been thing of how to change it around.

How are you liking yours??

Buying a new camper and worry about a better stereo system is not right. You purchased a camper not a mobile boom box. Camping should be quiet and enjoyable for you and your neighbors. Making noise in most campgrounds is not what a good neighbor does. It also can get you evicted from the campground. Relax and enjoy the camping life. Take hikes, cook dinner on a campfire and enjoy yourself, family, and your neighbors.
Tropiccafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:33 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyr View Post

Jim and Ruby
There are Lot's of Part's on our RV's that are the Same regardless of Name or Model#,dont back yourself in a corner asking advice on Items that make up a RV,Heck they change things on your own Model without Dealers even knowing! Welcome and ask away! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:53 PM   #12

Tropiccafe my friend. We very much enjoy hiking, kayaking, horseback riding, teaching photography classes, rock climbing, scuba diving, geode and volcanic rock collecting, qrp ham radio operating, sky diving (well, just once), and white water rafting... not to mention cooking over a fire. And sometimes on a rainy, cold Tuesday afternoon, we chill out with The Pink Panther or Pink Floyd on the entertainment system.

Just sayin

Enjoy the camping!