Old 09-24-2017, 03:27 PM   #1

New purchase of 2018 Heritage Glen

My wife and I have just purchased this new camper this month. We started out buying preowned from a pop up to a travel trailer and a 5th wheel. Now after picking up our new 5th wheel,we went straight to the campground. Well that's when we found some issues. I not going into now,but if anyone needs know feel free to ask. Fyi I'm just saying go over any purchase with a fine tooth comb.

cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:45 PM   #2

Welcome from Wisconsin. Sorry to hear you're having issues but sad to say it's not uncommon for a few things to need attention from the dealer with a new camper. Did you notice any of these things when you did your walk thru/PDI? Make a list, take pics, document problems and call your dealer Monday morning.

Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:52 PM   #3

No after problems with the 12 volt system, plus while checking for that we found drilled holes for outdoor speakers that were covered by the awning rails not sealed open to the weather, plus heating hoses that were torn during assembly.
cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:57 PM   #4

Bring every issue to the attention of the dealer and demand satisfaction. There is no excuse for shoddy workmanship. Especially with the prices we pay for these units. A car manufacturer would be drummed out of business for selling such lousy built vehicles.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forest River Forums mobile app
otrtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote