Old 07-07-2016, 01:15 PM   #1

New to RVing, any owners of Wildwood xlite FS 195BH?

Just attempting to find a couple who has a wildwood xlite FS 195BH. We are new to the world of RVing. We have a five year old and a two year old, so the bunkhouse feature is selling us so far on this under 3500lb travel trailer. We have a 2006 Nissan Frontier SE V6 with hitch and electric 7-prong hookup so not too worried about towing this type of travel trailer. Like I said just trying to find someone who may be able to answer some specific questions we have about this model under the Forest River brand.

Jones Family, Hendersonville, NC

Old 07-07-2016, 07:54 PM   #2

We had a 2014. I'll answer anything ya got.

Now I'm going back to looking for my 10mm wrench! 2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
2005 F250 PSD

Old 07-07-2016, 08:37 PM   #3

My wife and I have a 2016 195BH. It seems to meet our needs well. We have taken kids with us on a few trips. When it is just my wife and I we use the bunks as storage and that works out really well. We added memory foam toppers and it is really nice. We bought two full size ones and cut one in half for the bunks. Somehow mine came from the factory with a bent axle. That is still not fixed yet although the deal finally received the new axle. Hopefully will be fixed within a few weeks.
Asrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:21 PM   #4

We were newbies and bought a 2014 185RB, just me and the wife. We enjoyed it but we decided to upgrade to 35' TT w/ a super slide. There is something to be said about the smaller TT far as towing, maneuverability and parking.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:28 PM   #5

The axle has a bend upward in the middle for camber. But with 3500lb axles, and the unit is like 3000lb, by the time u fill the storage under the bed with toates,chairs, grille, lantern, and whatever else ya got....that's pretty close to the limit. plus added tounge wieght. Actually, we had a water leak from the upper marker light on the front and it made the wall at the foot of the bed blister...so we had to take it to the dealer. I wanted to ask about the tires wearing on the inside. So we weighed everything we took out. Then I got scales from work and weighed the camper...600lbs tounge. And 3489lbs total.... No water in tanks and nothing in the fridge. Point being the axle was working at its stamped limit. Dealer said "cheap tires and low axles keep the cost down"... ...
Old 07-08-2016, 02:27 PM   #6

I own WW X Lite. Not that model but they are for the most part outfitted with much of the same "stuff" just in different places. I've been pretty happy with the X Lite. Build quality for price seems to be pretty good. Don't see a ton of them at campgrounds which seems odd. Jaycos everywhere. Mine is a little shy on storage, totally recommend mattress toppers too. Overall I've been pretty happy with wildwood.
Old 07-08-2016, 03:07 PM   #7

Thanks for your advice and input!

Keep the suggestions and comments coming...I think it is great there is a forum like this!
Old 07-08-2016, 04:12 PM   #8

Location: West, Texas (the town, not the western part of the state)
We have the identical Salem Cruise model

When we were shopping for a small beginner's trailer they said the Wildwood and the Salem were identical except for the interior colors and stickers.

We love ours, there's two of us that usually go, and we're used to only one of us being up moving around at a time ;-)

I like the queen bed and just leave it out during the day. There's room for a fold out tray beside it for me to work on my laptop and I'm out of the way of anyone coming in the door.

Definitely will want mattress toppers! For such a small trailer we seem to have plenty of indoor storage, including using the top bunk.

The one thing we do miss is having any outdoor storage. But no biggie, we just put the lawn chairs, cooler, etc in last before we lock the door.

Yeah, you can tell it's made fairly cheaply, but I figure by the time the queen bed gives out I'll have a plan to rebuild it better or find a fold out couch to replace it.

It's easy to pull, hook up and maneuver and that's what we like most.
We did get the extra jacks on the front corners and it's really stable.

I splurged on the little $5 drill attachment to wind the jacks up and down, a bit more expensive electric tongue jack and even this old 63 year woman can set up and break it down by myself.

We may decide to upgrade later but for now this is perfect for us.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:26 PM   #9

Our trailer is very similar, except murphy bed and no bunks. Tandem axle so we are way under max limit. 4100 lb, 500 lb tongue weight.
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:42 PM   #10

We have that same model (WW X-Lite). Ours is a 2013 we bought recently. The previous owner put a new and expensive mattress in it and never slept on it. (His wife wouldn't go camping!) We have enjoyed the few trips we managed to squeeze in but we are still "tweaking." I'm having to be very creative with storage!

Tags
wildwood