Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2017, 08:12 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 8
New to the RV world - 263 BHXL TT

We just picked up our new Wildwood X-Lite 263BHXL on Friday, and are taking our first trip this weekend, May 12. We are only going about an hour away from home, in case something happens and we need to come back home. Any pointers on what I should watch for with this being our first trip? Anything that I need to make sure gets done? I would love any suggestions from people who do this on a regular basis.


Thanks in advance for any advice!!
__________________

benrammes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:27 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 11,111
Welcome and congrats on your new Wildwood X-Lite 263BHXL. Good decision to stay close to home on your maiden voyage for the reasons you stated. Make sure you have a water pressure regulator that is hooked up between the campground water supply and your water hose. Good wheel chocks will help stabilize the camper. Have fun this weekend!!!
__________________

Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:45 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by benrammes View Post
We just picked up our new Wildwood X-Lite 263BHXL on Friday, and are taking our first trip this weekend, May 12. We are only going about an hour away from home, in case something happens and we need to come back home. Any pointers on what I should watch for with this being our first trip? Anything that I need to make sure gets done? I would love any suggestions from people who do this on a regular basis.


Thanks in advance for any advice!!
We just returned from our first trip out, spent two days at a local campsite on the beach 15 minutes from our house, 2 days wasn't long enough, lol. The one thing I did while there was made a list of things we needed for the next trip like grilling utensils ( the only thing hubby was in charge of) , work gloves , a couple serving trays , a big umbrella would of been nice as our site got the late afternoon/ evening sun despite the awning. I packed way too much food so next time I'll try to plan my meals better . Hmmm....i can't think of anything else at the moment but this board is awesome but I'm sure others will chime in. Have a great time!!!
__________________
jstcruizen16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:50 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
saus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: FL
Posts: 335
x2 on the water pressure regulator. Also, blocks for leveling in case you are on sand or dirt. If you are going to be on a slab you probably won't have to worry about it. Most important is to bring a large piece of paper and a pen so that you can start your wish list. You are going to see other campers and see things that you want and just by living in it you are going to constantly say, "Oh I wish I had .....". Congrats on the camper and you are going to have a blast. Since you have bunks I assume you have kids, and they are going to absolutely love it. Mine do. Good luck.
__________________
2016 Forest River Wildcat 314BHX
2018 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7 Diesel
saus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:08 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by saus View Post
x2 on the water pressure regulator. Also, blocks for leveling in case you are on sand or dirt. If you are going to be on a slab you probably won't have to worry about it. Most important is to bring a large piece of paper and a pen so that you can start your wish list. You are going to see other campers and see things that you want and just by living in it you are going to constantly say, "Oh I wish I had .....". Congrats on the camper and you are going to have a blast. Since you have bunks I assume you have kids, and they are going to absolutely love it. Mine do. Good luck.
I sooo agree, even though ours was stocked with everything when we bought it there were still things other campers had that I want like a small folding table for just 4 , the picnic tables there were too big for us and besides they were old and warped, lol, I also want to get 2 of those zero gravity chairs,
__________________
jstcruizen16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:11 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Welcome and congrats on your new Wildwood X-Lite 263BHXL. Good decision to stay close to home on your maiden voyage for the reasons you stated. Make sure you have a water pressure regulator that is hooked up between the campground water supply and your water hose. Good wheel chocks will help stabilize the camper. Have fun this weekend!!!
Water pressure regulator?? Is that something that will give better pressure in the rv? Lol, ours was horrible, hubbie was fine with taking a shower in the rv but with my thick hair there's no way I would of been able to was mine in the shower,
__________________
jstcruizen16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:17 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
dbledan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: KS
Posts: 1,400
Really nice rig.

I suggest spending the day or night if you can in your driveway. Cook a meal and do your normal ready routine. If you need it get it from the house and keep it in the trailer. Buy new for the house later.

Sanitize water tanks if you can before you go. If not bring bottled water to cook/drink until you can.

X2 on pressure regulator mine saved me first trip.

Same on pen/paper. We had to get many things and I brought everything.

Would suggest an EMS as well to protect your investment.

Use everything (heater a.c. oven shower) once to make sure you know how to use it and that it works.

Sockets for water heater anode if not inserted already.

Extra pins for hitch. Sucks if you misplace one and cannot get out.

Slinky to dump with

2. Water hoses for 1 for hookup and 1 for clean out if using full hookups otherwise 1 works for now.

Check campground and dump rules. Sometimes you need slinky support or threaded or donut ends for hose.

Make sure you have right power hook ups and cords. If you have 50amps get a 30amp adaptor to be safe.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 12:42 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 11,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstcruizen16 View Post
Water pressure regulator?? Is that something that will give better pressure in the rv? Lol, ours was horrible, hubbie was fine with taking a shower in the rv but with my thick hair there's no way I would of been able to was mine in the shower,
A water pressure regulator won't give you more/better water pressure. The plumbing (lines & connectors) inside an RV isn't like the plumbing in a house. Too much pressure may put too much stress on the connections and cause a leak or worse, a blow out.

If you have low pressure check the screen at the input connection for your water hose. It might have gotten clogged up and needs to be cleaned/replaced. Do the same with the screen on the shower head and all the faucets for that matter.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:29 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 85
Make sure slides are in, the antenna is down, steps are up, interior doors closed, secure shower door, check tire pressures, make sure brake cable is hooked up when hitch up, make sure sewer valves are closed, adjust mirrors, test the brakes before going on the road, check propane tanks are full, need blocking to place under stabilizers, you will need entry rugs, an exterior area rug is pleasant to have, misc tools a plus, a2x6 5 ft long in case you need to level side to side the stabilizers are not jacks, other essentials comfortable chairs, towels, wash rags, water hoses, sewer dump hose, cable tv cable, pots pans, paper plates, we use an electric heater to save on propane but you can not use other high energy devices like coffee pot when running heater it will trip breakers, flashlight will be handy, food and most of all adult beverages
__________________
GMC Denali 2500HD 4x4
Columbus 381 FLC 2016
Flagstaff Ultralite 29 RLSS
2013 35 nights, 2014 105 nights, 2015 123 nights, 2016 18 nights 🙁
Mike ONeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 01:39 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike ONeill View Post
Make sure slides are in, the antenna is down, steps are up, interior doors closed, secure shower door, check tire pressures, make sure brake cable is hooked up when hitch up, make sure sewer valves are closed, adjust mirrors, test the brakes before going on the road, check propane tanks are full, need blocking to place under stabilizers, you will need entry rugs, an exterior area rug is pleasant to have, misc tools a plus, a2x6 5 ft long in case you need to level side to side the stabilizers are not jacks, other essentials comfortable chairs, towels, wash rags, water hoses, sewer dump hose, cable tv cable, pots pans, paper plates, we use an electric heater to save on propane but you can not use other high energy devices like coffee pot when running heater it will trip breakers, flashlight will be handy, food and most of all adult beverages
Haaa, haaa, that last item was number one on my list. Yes, the rug....always wondered why everyone had the outdoor rug, now I know why, especially camping at the beach, also get a plastic bin to hold shoes before you go in the rv, another thing I need to get, I used a box this trip. Not very attractive sitting out next to a nice new rv, lol
__________________

__________________
jstcruizen16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 AM.