Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2017, 10:42 PM   #1

New TT 30KQBSS

I just. Bought a new Wildwood 30kqbss and I am picking it up this weekend. I am installing a equalizer/sway hitch there and pulling it to a campsite for a short stay.

Is there anything specific I need to watch for on this model? I was looking at a Cherokee with the same floor plan but I got more extras on this for the same money.

Thanks
Gunnar72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:07 PM   #2

Congrats!! I don't have that camper but I'm sure you'll enjoy it. We started about 6 years ago with a Cherokee 28bh and after a couple seasons found we wanted more space and privacy. We had moved up trucks so bought a big bh fiber. They all work about the same and have the same outcome--time away with family and friends! [emoji1360]
Happy Campin! Looking forward to pictures
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:46 PM   #3
I go RV'ing not Camping

Congrats on your new trailer. We certainly love our wildwood and I am sure you will love yours too!
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:12 AM   #4

Congrats on your new Wildwood 30KQBSS!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:23 PM   #5

Congratulations on the new camper. Common items on the Wildwood seem to be: Soft floor near tub drain from misaligned support under tub, maker lights not caulked well or loose, stabilizer switches not working from loose wiring.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:26 PM   #6

Check for missing items like faucet handle covers, check for screws protruding from under your slideout.

I have a 31KQBTS and there were wood screws sticking out that scratched my floor when you put the slideout in.

Other than that... walk through it and look at everything in close detail. Take a flashlight. Open/close everything. Run the awing out and back in. Turn on every light.
mkosu04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:00 AM   #7

We have the same TT. We bought a 2016 30kqbss in June 2015, almost 2 years old now. Since we bought ours this is some of our issues:
1. A/C replacement
2. Awning replacement
3. Awning motor replacement
4. Stabilizer switches replaced
5. New roof membrane
6. Replace range hood fan motor
7. Refrigerator light switch
8. Misc staples and screws repaired throughout unit

The list is long but we do live the floor plan. I hope you have better luck with youra
eyeguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:25 PM   #8

Congratulations on your new unit. We have the same model (2017) and have had great success with it. Now 1 year old. Only thing I would suggest is watch the toilet when using it for solid waste. This model seems to have problems with the line plugging up after use. Make sure you are using nothing larger than 2 ply RV toilet paper. I have been told to use extra water when flushing to move everything into the black water tank, so I have been holding the flush unit down and allowing plenty of water to flow. Also, make sure you have plenty of water in the tank prior to using. That also seems to help. Outside of that, we have been very fortunate that we have a great unit. Have fun.
jritchie10 is offline   Reply With Quote