Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2015, 05:24 PM   #1

New Wildwood 195BH TV mount idea

Hi all,
We just picked up a new 195BH and I mounted a TV inside. I thought I'd share how I did it since I've seen several posts about mounting TVs. In one word...... Velcro.

I ordered 4 "industrial strength" Velcro strips from Amazon. They have sticky glue on each end. Each piece of Velcro can hold 10 pounds. I used four, and the TV only weighs 5 pounds. Haven't had any trouble with it staying in place. See pic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1436134885.424055.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	82129
mleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:24 PM   #2

Kudos for having the guts to try something different, how is the viewing angle?
TN_Cruise_Lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:56 AM   #3

Thanks, it's worked great. We have about 350 miles on the trailer now, no issues. You can see the TV perfect from the bed and both sides of the table. Can not see it from the bunkbed but that hasn't been an issue for us.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:15 AM   #4

My only suggestion would be to not store/travel with it attached. I have used industrial strength velcro for applications that held less weight and although it works great for quite a long while, over time it tends to detach (not the velcro side, but the sticky side). But it's a nice setup!
2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:25 PM   #5

Mrs Evans,
How's thar 231 holding up for you folks? We have the exact one purchased last November and seem to have some minor issues except the fridge which seems to need a control board. Asides from that we are very happy with ours.
VT Skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT Skier View Post
Mrs Evans,
How's thar 231 holding up for you folks? We have the exact one purchased last November and seem to have some minor issues except the fridge which seems to need a control board. Asides from that we are very happy with ours.
Beautifully! We decided to change out the tires since we're about to put around 3k miles in a two week period of time and didn't feel confident that the OEM tires would hold out. Loving our experience so far
2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleo View Post
Hi all,
We just picked up a new 195BH and I mounted a TV inside. I thought I'd share how I did it since I've seen several posts about mounting TVs. In one word...... Velcro.

I ordered 4 "industrial strength" Velcro strips from Amazon. They have sticky glue on each end. Each piece of Velcro can hold 10 pounds. I used four, and the TV only weighs 5 pounds. Haven't had any trouble with it staying in place. See pic.

Attachment 82129
Not replying specifically to your post, but instead just attempting to find a couple who has a wildwood xlite FS 195BH. We are new to the world of RVing. We have a five year old and a two year old, so the bunkhouse feature is selling us so far on this under 3500lb travel trailer. We have a 2006 Nissan Frontier SE V6 with hitch and electric 7-prong hookup so not too worried about towing this type of travel trailer. Like I said just trying to find someone who may be able to answer some specific questions we have about this model under the Forest River brand.

Jones family from Hendersonville, NC. Thanks.
jonesfamilycamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:17 PM   #8

Hi,
We still own the 195BH, love it. What questions did you have?
Old 07-07-2016, 12:19 PM   #9

Just maybe some pros and cons. Do you think my truck will be ok towing the trailer? Does the shower area have a vent?

Guess I will start with those. Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:37 PM   #10

Overall we're very happy with the camper. The size is nice because it's easy to back into camping spots and fits two adults, 1 child and 1 dog nicely.

I did a quick Google search for towing capacity for a Nissan Frontier SE V6 and it says 6100 lbs. If that is true for your Nissan, then yes you can definitely tow this camper. Obviously you should double-check for your specific vehicle if that is accurate. 6100 lbs still leaves you 3000 lbs for the weight of people & camping gear, bikes, etc..

There is a vent in the bathroom, but it is in the center of the bathroom, not directly above the shower. Our vent doesn't have a built in fan, but some do so it will just depend on your model. Keep in mind these units are highly customizable by the dealer, so they have different features. Our dealer had 4 on the lot and all 4 had slightly different features.

The only "con's" would be:

1) The AC is very loud. Not the unit itself, but the fan on the unit. Even at low, the sound is loud.

2) Ours does not have a cable TV hookup. It does have an HD antennae though.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:50 PM   #11

Awesome thanks for the info. I did think about this too...when you do cook on the burner how does the smoke and heat from cooking exit the camper?
Old 07-07-2016, 01:06 PM   #12

The burners are right next to the kitchen window. We have a little desk fan we bought at Walmart for $5 that just blows out the window. It doesn't cause enough heat to be an issue, especially with how powerful the AC unit is.

There is also another roof vent in the main area, close to where the burners are so any rising smoke would also just go out there.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:14 PM   #13

Thanks again for the info and advice! Just thought of another question? How many stabilizing jacks are there and how easy are they to deploy (say with the use of a cordless drill)? Guess you can tell we are new to this RVing?! I have tent camped many times since I was in the Boy Scouts since around the age of 7. Being an Eagle Scout does come in handy when camping, but looking to change it up a little since we can now... and we think this is the size travel trailer we are looking for and for an affordable price (approx. $12,000 for a 2017). We walked in the WW X-Lite FS 195BH this past weekend here at our local camping world and immediately liked the standard features! Thanks again for the advice!
Old 07-07-2016, 01:23 PM   #14
rvb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleo View Post
Can not see it from the bunkbed but that hasn't been an issue for us.
I haven't mounted ours yet for that reason, kids like to see it from the bunks...
-rvb
rvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:25 PM   #15

Hey Ryan, how do you like your new 195BH, we are new to RVing and thinking about purchasing one.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:28 PM   #16

We were in the same position, this is also our first travel trailer. We looked at many but the campers layout worked best in our price range.

There are only 3 stabilizers, one on each side and the front stabilizer. They are very fast and easy to put down, you don't even need the drill. The way they are threaded, you only need to turn it about 10 times before it hits the ground. The front stabilizer does take a lot of turning, probably 30 cranks before it touches the ground. You can just buy an extended Foot Jack for it though, which makes it longer so you don't need to crank as much: https://www.amazon.com/Curt-Manufact...Z427YJP6MJ3KFD
Old 07-07-2016, 01:28 PM   #17
rvb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfamilycamping View Post
Not replying specifically to your post, but instead just attempting to find a couple who has a wildwood xlite FS 195BH. We are new to the world of RVing. We have a five year old and a two year old, so the bunkhouse feature is selling us so far on this under 3500lb travel trailer. We have a 2006 Nissan Frontier SE V6 with hitch and electric 7-prong hookup so not too worried about towing this type of travel trailer. Like I said just trying to find someone who may be able to answer some specific questions we have about this model under the Forest River brand.

Jones family from Hendersonville, NC. Thanks.
Our kids are 5 and 7, and it's working well for us so far (just 3 trips in with it).

I don't know your truck but I suspect it will be ok. I suggest a WDH, you can read my experience w/ this camper and my F150 here: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1212405

-rvb
Old 07-07-2016, 01:39 PM   #18
rvb

Quote:
Thanks again for the info and advice! Just thought of another question? How many stabilizing jacks are there and how easy are they to deploy (say with the use of a cordless drill)?
stabs are factory options. you can opt for either none, two in the back, or 4. get 4. if the one on the dealer lot has less, have them add them on before you leave.

very easy to use. I use a drill, but when I forgot the drill on the first trip, it just took a few seconds w/ the wrench.

Quote:
affordable price (approx. $12,000 for a 2017). We walked in the WW X-Lite FS 195BH this past weekend here at our local camping world and immediately liked the standard features! Thanks again for the advice!
we pd $10,200 (or somewhere close to that) this spring on our 2017, factory ordered w/ spare tire and 4 stabs, but just dorm fridge (no LP). We didn't order the DVD player or TV antenna, so maybe they made that standard in '17, because we got it anyway.

every region is going to have a different price point, but $12k sounds a little high...

one thing I'll probably be doing is changing the steps to a two-step setup. One isn't enough when you have the door side high to level it. I fell on my one night stepping down. It can make a high step for the kids! Dealer where I store mine could get two-step to replace the one for $120-$150

We really like it. I've only had two minor issues so far. The hot water line to the shower was kinked. I fixed myself by loosening the connection to get some of the bend out and re-installed/re-caulked. The other is the sensor for the fresh water tank doesn't work. I'll probably take it in over winter for that warrantee work.

-rvb
Old 07-07-2016, 01:45 PM   #19

Thanks Ryan I really appreciate the advice, especially the factory ordering. If I have any other questions I will be sure to ask...Thanks again!!
Old 07-07-2016, 06:34 PM   #20

New Wildwood 195BH TV mount idea

Our first tt was the 2014 ww 195bh fs. Got it brang dang new. Loved it. It is just the wife and I. We did all cooking outside. Super easy to tow. I did put a wd hutch on it though. Towed so much better. Had a 1998 f150 4x4 v6 manual transmission. Put a full swing tv mount on the cabinet by microwave. The 19 led tv could be seen from anywhere, even the bathroom. I put a big computer case fan in the bath vent with a tiny toggle. Added front stab jacks. Made it way more stable. Also put a power tounge jack, best mod I did to it. Also put battery cut off under the lower bunk. 120v only fridge. Way cheaper to replace. Factory tires didn't last long, insides got bald fast. And I'll Finnish with this, it was nice price, nice lay out, and it had a bed, bathroom, tv, and A/C. All the things the WIFE demanded. It was a fun " first " camper.

Now I'm going back to looking for my 10mm wrench! 2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
2005 F250 PSD
Wa11y757 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount, tv mount, wildwood