Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2014, 02:59 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxsy1994 View Post
I am new to travel trailers and we just purchased a new 2014 wildwood x-lite. 29' long/ 4380lbs. Dry weight. We have a 2011 Nissan Frontier 4x4 crew cab. Has anyone had success or troubles with this combination?
I hope you don't risk any family members by making them ride with you!
IMHO that is a very unsafe combo that I wouldn't want anywher near me.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:21 AM   #22

We just bought a 2014 Wildwood xlite 185. We will be picking it up April 19th and take it on it's initial voyage that weekend to a closeby campground. We will tow it with my husbands Ram 1500. We've never owned a TT before (except for my Audi TT which is another story) and I'm quite leary about the towing and maneuvering it into a campground. Any helpful hints?
laurarice26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:37 AM   #23

Honestly, I haven't taken mine out yet. Winter has not given up here in W. PA! This Friday will be our first go at it as well. I have hooked ours up twice now and practiced taking it down the road and then backing it in to our driveway. Until I can easily maneuver it, we will be renting pull thru sites or larger more straight back in sites with more space to operate. I hope this helps. Good Luck!
Punxsy1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:19 AM   #24

Yes, I figured that we would be doing that too. I think our first weekend we will find a big empty lot and practice all weekend. Where in Western PA are you? I went to college in Bloomsburg and have friends in St. Mary's.
laurarice26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:42 PM   #25
2011 FR Wildwood 26 Ft

One of the skills I had to learn when I purchased a 26ft tt was to keep my mouth shut. My lack of backing ability was something that I could not take out on my wife when she was spotting for me. If I remember rule A, the camping is a lot nicer. She does not use conventional signals, but when both hands wave at the same time, stop, get out and look at what you are about to hit. I pull a 26 footer that is 5460 dry with a F-150 rated at 8000 pounds with a factory tow package. We pack light so I estimate we have about a 1000 pound reserve. I do not want to get near the max. My camping is east of the Mississippi so I do not have to worry about the Rockies.
PBTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #26

I now live in Pittsburgh, but originally from Punxsutawney. We had a great time in our first run. I hope that did as well.
Punxsy1994 is offline   Reply With Quote