Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2009, 02:15 PM   #1

New Wildwood owner

Hello to all,

Wife and I just picked up a used 06 27BHSS. Being that I was on r&r at the time and now back in Iraq I have not had a chance to go out and use it yet. That will come soon. The TT is in real good shape, only problem I have found is that the a/c moter does not work so I will be looking at fixing that. We have it stored right now and I did not get a chance to put antifreez in the plumbing however I did drain all the tanks,water heater and opened the low point valves to get all the water out. I am going to see if my wife can do the antifreez thing, but if she cant I wanted to know what problems will I be looking at come spring time and where is water hide at in the pipes. Thanks for the help.

2006 Dodge laramie 5.9 CTD
northstarfire0693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

First, hopefully the grey, black and fresh water tanks are all empty or very close. I would pour anti-freeze into each drain in case there's still water in there as well as if they dried out the odor won't come up through the piping. Also pour some in each toilet to protect the seals of the ballvalve. Check the water filter canister and remove the filter and any water. The water heater needs to be drained. If there a way to get a small compressor there with electric she could blow out the lines. If not leave all the faucets open, with the small amount of water left, it shouldn't present a problem.

Where is the trailer located? There might be someone close by on the forum that could help with the winterizing.

Be safe and thanks for your service from us all.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
First, hopefully the grey, black and fresh water tanks are all empty or very close. I would pour anti-freeze into each drain in case there's still water in there as well as if they dried out the odor won't come up through the piping. Also pour some in each toilet to protect the seals of the ballvalve. Check the water filter canister and remove the filter and any water. The water heater needs to be drained. If there a way to get a small compressor there with electric she could blow out the lines. If not leave all the faucets open, with the small amount of water left, it shouldn't present a problem.

Where is the trailer located? There might be someone close by on the forum that could help with the winterizing.

Be safe and thanks for your service from us all.
Thanks for the reply...

All the holding tanks, water heater and water filter are drained. Did that myself before I left. The Trailer is in Fairbanks, Alaska

2006 Dodge laramie 5.9 CTD
northstarfire0693 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood