Old 05-25-2014, 06:10 PM   #11

Rusty....I am also in Dallas and I am seriously considering the 241QBXL. Which dealer did you purchase your travel trailer from?

Thanks....
Eric

Old 05-27-2014, 07:47 AM   #12

Thanks everyone. I am very happy with our new camper! The first camping trip in it went perfect, no issues at all! My daughter invited a friend so there ended up being 4 of us and the camper had plenty of room! I am soooo glad I got a camper with the power package, it makes setting it up and taking it down a breeze! I hung the TV's Friday night at the park. I was kind of bummed because the tech informed me that my tv mounts would not work in a camper and showed me what I needed, luckily they had some at the dealer in the supply store and with my rv purchaser discount they were fairly cheap!

I bought my unit at FunTown RV in Cleburne. They have the best prices on rv's. However I was really disappointed in their finance department! I ended up going through a local bank and got a way better interest rate and got it done financed in 1 day as apposed to the week it took funtown to get back to me. All and all I would deal with them again, but I would line up my own financing before hand!

One last note, I love the A/C in these units! Keeps the unit very cold. Temp was around 85 degrees out and the a/c didn't struggle at all to keep it 68 inside! I already had a few screws through out that I had to tighten. Anyone looking at a camper, go power package I cant imagine not having it now, my wife loves it because now she can put the awning in and out with out my help and she can help me put the jacks down!

Pick at the dealer as I picked it up.

Pick at the park. It was a great weekend, all and all we had 4 campsites with friends and family... CANT BEAT IT!

Old 05-27-2014, 08:12 AM   #13

Congrats on the new TT we pick up ours at the end of this week.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:38 AM   #14

Great to hear the pick up of the new unit and trip went well. I can say all the problems we had with our Wildwood Xlite were for the most part minor things. The dealer we had was great and took care of them quickly. We had a couple of items addressed at the FROG rally last year and they did great. I wish I could say nthe same for our new Class A. Seems like every time one thing gets fixed there is some thing else. And it seems what they fixed needs to be fixed or they make it worse.

Any way have fun and enjoy it.
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:29 AM   #15

So, today I get to make my first warranty claims on my camper! We went camping over the weekend and we had 2 pita issues!

1st issue: Friday while I was at work my wife packed the camper. She got everything done and locked it, she forgot some stuff so went to go unlock it. Finding that the dead bolt had broke. She spent 2 hours trying to get it open the way the tech on the phone said. Finally when I got home we found a window that was luckily unlocked. We crawled in the window and was able to disassemble the latch and release the deadbolt. So, that will be getting addressed.

2nd issue: I have noticed that since I gotten the camper the awning is weak and has gotten weaker each time I use it. Saturday when we were fixing to go ride bike we went to close the awning and it would barely close, it even stopped a few times and I would have to push the out button then push the in button to get it to retract. It was almost like it was running on a dead battery, but I was plugged in to shore power so that shouldn't have been a problem.

We have another camping trip planned for the end of this month and hopefully this can be fixed and back to us before then.

A pic for the readers. at the camp ground when we arrived Friday:
Old 06-09-2014, 09:08 PM   #16

Rusty I feel your pain, we have only one trip logged in ours so far, went today to add a vent cover and pack some stuff up for this weekend and found standing water around the entertainment center. Wood already soaked some up and has swelled. Called funtown this afternoon and they advised to bring it straight in. Tech said they will try to have it back by Friday. Not sure where the water came from at this point, all vents, windows and slide were closed completely......
Old 06-10-2014, 11:14 AM   #17

Your lucky on the one week. They are telling me to expect a 1 1/2 week minimum and could be as long as 4 weeks. He said if they have the parts to fix the awning or if it's minor then it could be a week and a few days. He also said that if it is a part they have to order ad 1 week if they can get it locally and 2 weeks if it's a special order.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #18

Same deal, they are only fixing the leak this week, the rest of the repairs won't be completed till this winter after being told how long it could take. I didn't want to lose an entire camping season
Old 06-16-2014, 01:29 PM   #19

Hoping your issues are fixed soon!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app

bsdmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:13 AM   #20

I'm starting to really not like FunTown RV! I called yesterday just to make sure we are on track and the guy tells me that they haven't even looked at it yet, but it will be done by wed the 25th... He then proceeds to tell me that there is probably nothing they can do for my awning and that this is just typical that they are slow and will just stop and not move while being retracted! I am not going to throw too much of a fit right now, because of our camping trip next weekend. However if it isn't fixed right come Wednesday, I will be doing something about getting it fixed! Whether I have to contact the manufacturer or something!