Old 05-10-2014, 12:56 AM   #1

New X-lite owner!

I just bought an X-lite for my family (wife, 6yr old daughter, & I). It's a 2015 241QBXL. We are super excited, coming out of a 1994 34' Class A Pace Arrow Motor home. It's a little smaller than the motorhome, but I feel it will fit my family and budget much better than the old class a. Anyways, I am a forum junky, and was just doing research on tips and tricks for the X-lite and stumbled across this forum.

We went with the X-lite for the main reason it had all the features that we wanted; glass door shower, ducted a/c, out door speakers & power package unlike most models in our price range. That and the few reviews I could find online were all good.

Going to buy 2 TV's tomorrow w/ mounts. The living room will be a 32" w/ a none moving mount and the bedroom will be a 24" combo w/ a swivel mount. Hopefully the 32" wont be too big for the living room wall to hold.

Our pick up date is the 23rd of this month.

Pic of it on the show room floor.

Old 05-10-2014, 07:18 AM   #2

DFW Rusty
We had the 2012 241BACK Wildwood XL. We just went the other way from what you did. We went to a 31' class A Coachmen. Our Wildwood did not have the deducted air or power equipment package. It was a nice unit for the two years we had it. I think we had a 27" tv in the main area and a 24" in the bedroom area. Do miss the outdoor speakers.

Hopefully you can make it up to the FROG rally some year.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forest River Forums mobile app

FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:57 AM   #3
Incheon, S. Korea

Congrats! Have fun!
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:13 AM   #4

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your 2015 241QBXL.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:02 AM   #5

DFW Rusty- Welcome to the Forum. We went from a 30ft Coachmen TT to a 33ft Wildwood with the power pkg. You will definitely enjoy the power with the touch screen remote. I really enjoy mine, not lazy, just old.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:49 AM   #6

Thanks for the welcomes! We are ready to get it and go camping!

I ordered the TV's yesterday off of Walmart's website. I felt like it was a good price $158 for a 24" HD w/ dvd and $169 for 32" HD. I didn't buy the mounts, because it looks like they all have different wall pads, and I want to find out from my dealer where the studs are before I go buying the mounts.

Going to try and pick up wheel chalks this week, and cut up some new 2x8 boards. I gave all that away with my MH. Also, the dealer is giving me the "starter kit" which as we all know is mostly junk. So a new sewer hose is in order! Most everything else I need I already have from the motorhome.

I am just soooo ready to go camping in the new camper! I hope the dealer does a show room rotation sooner than the 22nd. He said if they sell about 2-3 more they will do a rotation and I can pick my camper up sooner!
Old 05-16-2014, 10:14 AM   #7

Man I am so ready to go pick up my new camper! UGH, the wait is killing me! My TV's came in Wednesday, already got them out, tested them and put them safely back in the boxes so that they do not get damaged until they get put in the camper! I keep looking at the pics of the camper on the dealers website, I keep googling info on that particular camper (not a lot out there), I keep thinking of how fun it will be to go camp and know that everything will work!

Next Friday just needs to hurry up and get here! We already have it all planned. Being that it is Memorial day weekend we already reserved a spot at our local Thousand trails! I took off that Friday because that day just so happens to be my 6 year old daughters field day (a day where the students do playful relay races and stuff, as well as the school rents a bunch of bounce houses and water slides), and my walk through/ pick up on the camper is that same day at 8:30 A.M., so I figured I will do a semi rush walk through and get out of there by 9:30, back to the school by 10, enjoy my daughters field day, then get home load everything up and head out to the park to camp for 3 days! Friday is going to be crazy busy, but loaded with lots of fun and I'm taking the day off from work so it can't be too bad!

Since it's a boring Friday here at the office I'll get a little into my camping history! I grew up camping either in a tent or in my parents old 1988 24' Class C motorhome. When I was really little 2-3 years old we did a lot of travelling up the east coast in that RV, and I have some vague memories of it, then when I was 4 we lived in the rv for about 6 months while moving from TX to PA. Then as I got older my parents got rid of the RV and I kept on camping in tents through my school days. Then when I was 23 I wanted a motorhome and that is when I decided to buy my Class A! I've had tons of fun with it, drove it on 1200 mile round trips and have spent as much as 3 weeks at a time in it during the summer! I feel I really got my money's worth out of it, but being that it's 20 years old, it really started having issues I got tired of dealing with. I really didn't want to go $30k in debt so we decided to not go the MH route and instead a nice conservative bumper pull camper that we will have paid off in 5 years!

A pic of my old MH, for a '94 it looked fantastic, I was the second owner, and before I owned it you could tell they took really good care of it. This is the last pic I ever took of my MH, it was one of the pics I took to post it up for sale I'll miss it, but look forward to the joys of our new camper:
Old 05-23-2014, 07:33 AM   #8

Welp, today is the big day! I am at work for another 2 hours then taking off to go get my camper! I bought my tv mounts yesterday and I am a little nervous about the mount for the 32". It's a full motion mount and is really heavy, I am scared that it + the weight of the 32" tv is going to be too much weight for something that gets pulled down the highway. However, have the mounts in my truck and I am going to ask the tech where exactly I can mount them and if the heavy 32" mount will work. I'll post a few pics as the weekend goes on!
Old 05-23-2014, 11:18 AM   #9

DFW Rusty

Good luck with the big day. I had the 27" TV mounted on the wall in the kitchen area of the same make and model Wildwood XLite. Just locate the stud from the bathroom side of the wall. Living room/kitchen side had a plywood plate for mounting TV but made it hard to find the stud.

Hopefully your dealer for your Wildwood is a good as ours was. They took care of problems right the first time. On our new Class A with a different dealer they can't seem to get it right if you held there hand for them. Just found screws not installed on work they did. Plus things they missed on the repar list.

Good luck today.
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 03:18 PM   #10

We love our 261BHXL, I do love the exterior shape and colors of the 2015 Wildwoods, very sharp. Enjoy your trailer!