Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2009, 11:24 PM   #1

newbee from ND....have some questions/need some parts for my wildwood TT

hello everyone, i just picked up a 1999 25' wildwood travel trailer toy hauler last weekend. this is my 1st camper/rv (whatever you want to call it). i am new to every aspect of it! it is winterized right now, but ill be getting it ready for summer here real soon.

i have a few questions about parts. the cover for vent on the roof for the refrigerator is broken, and the doors to cover up the outside shower unit and storage compartment for gray/black water drain hose is gone. one of my co-workers told me these are all common parts that are universal to most makes/models of campers. is this true? do i just need to take the old vent off the roof and take it to any rv dealer to match it up to a new one? i find this hard to believe, but thats why im asking.

also, the linoleum is cracking fairly bad in a few spots. im thinking about replacing it, and was wondering if campers have some sort of special flooring in them, or can you use any linoleum?

the unit also came with an aftermarket solar charging system. i was wondering if i can leave the system on "charge" all the time, or should i turn it off when it is plugged into AC? will it just go into an "idle" state when no charging is needed?
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:13 AM   #2

I do believe most of those missing parts can be found at camping world or your near by rv dealer parts store as for the flooring you can put down anything you like carpet ,vinyl, wood anything will work as far as the solar panels i am no help there but there is a few people on here that have them so just wait for them to post there is a lot of good people on here willing to help on anything you might need also welcome to the forums
Old 04-22-2009, 07:45 AM   #3

As far as the flooring you can use any linoleum. My new Wildwood has Armstrong. If you can or know of someone that can put down the fake wood floor that is what I would go with. It is easy to install and is very tough. The biggest concern you should have would be the sub floor. Make sure it is still ok, not spongy or water damaged. If it is you should replace it. Then the job is a real PITA, but can be done!!

Like Chevy02 said you can probably get the other parts from Camping World or call Forest River at 1-574-389-4600. They will be able to direct you to their parts department and/or a local WW dealer!!

Have fun!

2009 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0
2009 Wildwood LE 27RBEC
brittsnbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:00 AM   #4

thanks guys. i was just on WW's website, and found the area to search for the nearest dealer. my nearest dealer is 250 miles away......so hopefully one of the local dealers can get parts for me. im not sure if RV dealers are different than any other dealer when it comes to ordering parts... (i.e. you wouldnt go to a chevy dealer looking for ford parts). i live in a small town, so there is only 1 dealership in the area, but i travel to the "big city" thats only 100 miles away quite often......and i know they have a 5 different dealers. so hopefully i can figure something out.

2012 Dodge 2500 - deleted and tuned by H&S performance
Old 04-26-2009, 11:01 PM   #5
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Hello fellow NoDak!
Welcome to camping!
Parts can be had at any dealer for common stuff like fridge vents. I replaced one, and it's simple and cheap...no worries. Common part, as are most hatch covers and such. Any dealer or internet suppier should have access to them.

If it's something you need from your WW dealer...try calling them first, because they may be able to ship the part right to you. (email a pic if you need to)

Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:10 PM   #6

hey, where are you from in ND? it seems like one of the only wildwood dealers in the state is in devils lake...

anyways, i just got this wildwood TT a couple weekends ago from a guy in Roosevelt MN. its in decent shape, but needs a little TLC. iv been searching for some of the things i need to buy, and it sound like most thing are fairly common, and if my local dealer doesnt have it, they can most likely order it. i also buy/sell alot of things online, so of course iv been searching on there as well. just got a new outside shower unit about 5 min ago off ebay .

im learning more and more. this is my 1st camper, so i know NOTHING about them. i had my uncle come look at some stuff on it today. he has had quite a few campers, and knows the basics of them. so he has been teaching me quite a bit. still alot to learn though! im wishing it would finally decide to warm up so i can run some water through the damn thing to see if everything works. it has been getting down to the high 20s quite a few nights in the past couple weeks. all it would take is to get down below 20 for 5+ hours, and stuff would start freezing. so HOPEFULLY in the next couple weeks it finally decides it wants to act like spring!

Old 05-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
The Jolly Mon

Sorry for the delay....we are in GF.
Nine blocks from the mighty Red River.

We've had 3 trailers total, and been camping for decades. Love every minute of it!
Welcome to the world of RVing!

Old 05-12-2009, 06:43 PM   #8

Those solar chargers are usually a great addition, IF your battery is good. They will provide a "trickle charge" to the battery when needed under dormant conditions. Also, remember that a camper- basically any camper is made up of many different companie's products. So that means that MOST of the parts are available...or at LEAST accessible from any local RV dealer- at their parts counter. You will need product model numbers and product names, and they can help you out. WELCOME to the forum!! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 06:49 PM   #9

i have found out that parts are fairly easy to come by. especially online.... and to my surprise, most of them are fairly cheep until you get into the electrical stuff. i have been buying things like crazy off ebay lol. this weekend i will be trying out the water and propane system for the 1st time. hopefully i dont have to dump a bunch of money into that.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:42 PM   #10

hello nodakers we here in nw mn are in the same boat as you guys and have decided to live up here I hope you get your camper squared away so you can get to it and get campin
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:19 PM   #11

oh its all coming together. should be getting out memorial day weekend for sure! i see you're from DL. id love to drag the camper up there for we fest.....but my sister is getting married over that weekend. 1st time ill have to miss it in 5 years

Old 05-12-2009, 10:55 PM   #12
The Jolly Mon

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2detroit View Post
hello nodakers we here in nw mn are in the same boat as you guys and have decided to live up here I hope you get your camper squared away so you can get to it and get campin
Our seasonal site is only 66 miles due North of you!

Old 05-12-2009, 11:03 PM   #13

and i actually got my TT from MN. a little town called "Roosevelt"....up by lake of the woods

Tags
wildwood