Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2008, 06:55 AM   #1

Talking Newbie Looking For Advice

My family and I have been advid users of a pop up and now decided to move to the luxury of a travel trailer. We are picking up our 2009 Wildwood LE 26tbss this week and I was looking for help or advice. I guess I was looking for reasurance that these are good campers and generally everyone is satisfied with their Forest River campers. Also any advice would be very appreciated.

Also, I would just like to say that I'm happy to have found a forum that everyone seems so helpful and plan to be a long time member.

Thank you
Brock525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:16 AM   #2

to the FRF. We will be glad to assist you in every way we can. Perhaps the best way will be for you to ask questions about things you are not sure of.

We have a 2004 Flagstaff 26RKS and have had good service from it. Most people will tell you that FR makes a good quality product and you should have good luck with yours.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:23 PM   #3

Thanks for the advice. I did not have any general questions, just looking for reassurance before I spend this kind of money.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:03 PM   #4
Site Team

Welcome to FRF. You'll find the friendliest people here. We're all willing to help and will try and answer any questions you may have and before long you'll be jumping in answering questions for all the newbies.

While I don't have your model I have had only a few minor issues that I fixed myself with my unit.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:43 PM   #5

Welcome, you'll find this forum very helpful and a lot of fun.
Equal-i-zer WDH
davenrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #6
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Welcome!

First off, I don't think you'll find many RV's out there without some quirks. Most will be just minor stuff, and it's usually all covered under warranty on new units.

We are extremely happy with our Forest River Salem unit. After one year of use, I've only had a couple minor things that I've had to fix. I feel very confident that this is the best of the 3 previous brands of RV we've purchased. The Wildwood and Salem are very much alike.

Two thumbs up from me.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:30 PM   #7

Welcome,
My family purchased a 2008 Wildwood Le 26tbss this spring and have thoroughly enjoyed it. We had a couple of minor issues that the dealer repaired. The tank monitoring system is a little flaky but overall it has been a great camper. I think you will be well satisfied with your new camper.
Congratulations
wwleowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:27 AM   #8

As long as you are handy, most problem can be fixed. There is no such thing as a perfect RV, they all come off of an assembly line which leaves room for error ether in installation of parts and material or tooling. The people here on the FRF are a great group for help and advice, so fear not ask away...you will be glad you didhappy camping
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:06 AM   #9

Thank all of you for the posts and helpfulness. We are picking up our camper tommorrow and are very excited to break it in this weekend. Thanks again.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:38 PM   #10

enjoy, we have had pop up, htt, and tt. only minor issues with each. we have camped five weeks so far with this tt and it has done well . only problem we have had was with heater controls for water heater and broken leg hardware on dinette table, both warrantly items.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:18 PM   #11

Smile Newbie with LE 29BHBS

Hi forum members, We have purchased a FR Wildwood LE29BHBS at the IX RV show in snowy cold Cleveland OH and will pick it up on Saturday. Anyone with tips, suggestions, great advice, what are must have equipment, etc please feel free to give us advice. We traded our pop-up for this TT and can't wait for warmer weather to go camping.
kcalvin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:09 AM   #12
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Congrats on your new purchase and to FRF. We're glad your here. There's a wealth of sharing knowledge here for any question you may have.

Come on SPRINGTIME !!!!!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:30 PM   #13

we have the 2008 same model. camped about five times last year. good camper, had a few problems easily fixed by dealer, no charge. a lot of room, great storage areas in and out. enjoy
Old 02-06-2009, 11:07 PM   #14

Thanks for the nice welcome and I'm sure I'll have many questions. I pick up our '09 LE 29BHBS tomorrow morning. Anything I should make sure to ask or see before leaving?
Old 02-07-2009, 10:20 AM   #15
Grape Escape

Make sure everything works and I mean everything. Have any cosmetic work done and repairs made before you hand over any money. Happy camping
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:39 AM   #16

I successfully picked up our new Wildood LE29BHBS yesterday and the people at General RV in North Canton were really great. They walked me through everything and explained things as well as had me do things so I would know to work all functions. No problems as of yet. I can't wait to try it out for sure Memorial weekend or sooner if we can swing it.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:22 PM   #17

Glad you like it. Drive safely and enjoy your time with your new camper. One thing i have noticed in mine is when we have the galley discharge tank drain value closed and we drain water from the galley and bathroom sinks we hear water pushing air/water up out of the sink in the bathroom, probably has something to do with the plumbing. normally it blows air out and then drains out. just thought i would mention this in case you hear something like a splash or air coming out of the sink in the bathroom when your galley sink seems full and wont drain, this only occurs when i have closed my galley tank discharge valve. in our camper both sinks, galley and bathroom are connected together to the galley tank. the shower is to the grey tank, and toilet to black tank. if we keep our galley drain valve open while camping we dont have this problem.

Tags
wildwood