Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2014, 10:46 AM   #1

Newbies

Hello all! My wife and I just Bought a Wildwood 29UD3 for the family. We are a Full time Military family here in NJ and new to the RV/TT world and are excited to get started. We look forward to getting some great advice from all of you veteran campers out there. We didn't get a detailed PDI and walk through like some videos I've seen. We are about use it for a primary residence at the base RV camp for the next 7 months before a reassignment, any advice on things to focus on initially before we move in a couple of weeks? thanks in advance.

2015 Wildwood 29UD3
2014 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab, V8 5.3L, LT Z71 W/Tow pkg.
Armyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #2

Where is base camp? Most TTs are not 4 season & even if you are down South you will need to take into consideration the extra cost of heating an inefficient TT & maintaining a TT that was not really designed to full-time in... If it is your home, you won't be able to tow it to a dealer for warranty work...

Also, will your wife be working during that time or mostly home in the TT? IMO most wives I know won't be happy after the first month... They quickly become tired with the limited kitchen & uncomfortable seating. In comparison, when folks are camping, they spend most of their time outdoors and/or sightseeing, etc. Full-timing in a TT is a lot different than a pricey motor home or even an affordable full-size mobile home/trailer park...

It can work, but know that your wife will be making a lot of sacrifices to live in a TT that long...

Didn't mean to sound so negative but some friends tried this & it didn't work out so well for them... Dealers are no help because they never prepare newbies for the realities of full-timing in a big rig let-alone a TT...
2017-31; 2016-36; 2015-37; 2014-31

The_Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags