Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2016, 12:29 PM   #41

Graduated level

With the 3001w Windjammer both slides are on one side and both extend out 39", so there is quite a weight shift when they are pushed out. We bought a small (12") level with a graduated bubble glass that designates 1/8", 1/4", etc. high per foot right on the glass. It is magnetic so I set it on the back bumper when setting up. We set up higher on the slide side, with slides in, at 1/4" high or slightly less, then put down the electric stabilizers and then extend the slides. The TT settles down the second day to about half way between "0" and 1/8" high on the slide side which works fine for us; bathroom door stays open without a prop. After a couple of days the TT is at "0". I use the X-chocks between the wheels and do have to tighten the stabilizers every day or so also. Not a big deal, works every time and surface, and the DW and I have setting it up this way down pat.
D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:18 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbandrb View Post
273QBXL on day 2 becomes unlevel it dips on slide side which is side that has love seat and dinette, i have electric stablizers and bump them every day just not help, both trips were gravel. i am think slide stablizers might help. i would enjoy hearing coments from other members.
Before I put slides out I place 4' level on bumper and put the slide side about a 1/4 bubble high. We run slide out it will end up just a little high on slide side.
Myrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 05:24 PM   #43

thanks for all the replies and tips, i will try the 1/4 bubble trick
pbandrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:13 PM   #44

Youroo,
Where did you get those black tire chocks, levelers that are in your picture?
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:33 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by txredfish View Post
Youroo,
Where did you get those black tire chocks, levelers that are in your picture?
Harbor Freight part # 67722, 16000# per set, 45.00$ Youroo!!
Old 06-02-2016, 06:37 PM   #46

These! Youroo!! They are "Made in the USA"!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2475.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	381.9 KB
ID:	109896  
Old 06-02-2016, 07:24 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
These! Youroo!! They are "Made in the USA"!
You couldn't help it could you?
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:54 AM   #48

I always put an extra inch of leveler on the slide side. After everything settles (springs, tires, ground) it's perfect.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 09:31 AM   #49

I use supports, a little pricy but works great.
Vimax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:37 PM   #50

Leveling 5th wheel

I had a 6 point leveling system by Lippert Components installed on my RV about a year ago. I have been in about 25 different parks since then. I simply park where I want to. Disconnect the 5th from the truck and push the auto level button. After about a minute it beeps and it is perfect. With the large diameter base on the legs and most of the weight not on the tires, I have never noticed a sag regardless of base. I also have opposing slides.
jacknel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:41 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknel View Post
I had a 6 point leveling system by Lippert Components installed on my RV about a year ago. I have been in about 25 different parks since then. I simply park where I want to. Disconnect the 5th from the truck and push the auto level button. After about a minute it beeps and it is perfect. With the large diameter base on the legs and most of the weight not on the tires, I have never noticed a sag regardless of base. I also have opposing slides.
Your opposing slides balance it and prevent the lean caused by one slide.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 01:43 PM   #52

With three slides on one side, I notice a lean sometimes.
I'll usually set that side a tad high to begin with.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 06-03-2016, 04:01 PM   #53

Plastic Ramp levers

What is the name of those plastic RV Ramps and where did you get them?
Thanks
Lebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:59 PM   #54

I disagree with ilmor. My last trailer also had opposing sides, but had electric front Jacks and electric rear stabilizers. Stabilizers are built very light and are not for lifting, only stabilizing. This means all your weight is on two 3 x 5 pads at the front and the tires. With the level up system you have 6 - 8"diameter pads and hardly any weight on the tires so the trailer stays were it was set. Of course you should always park on a reasonobly firm base because on mush nothing will work.
jacknel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 02:06 PM   #55

bubble slighly high worked ok, but when i got home i thought i have electric stabilizers with a remote so bubble up and sit in dinette for the lean and use remote to put down stabilizers, works like a charm. i appriciate all the replies and tips
Old 06-10-2016, 12:44 PM   #56

You rich guys with electric stabilizers. I just Jane 4 electric legs and not for leveling just curing down the rocking.
NorSnrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 08:43 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorSnrub View Post
You rich guys with electric stabilizers. I just Jane 4 electric legs and not for leveling just curing down the rocking.
Thanks for the reminder on how not to Level - Us Rich Guys need that once in a while. No biggie or dented Ego
Old 06-11-2016, 09:29 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorSnrub View Post

Have Lippert Ground Control 3.0 on the new 5er. Auto-level not rich, just OLD!
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:01 PM   #59

I have found the following sequence works for me. I level side to side by pulling or backing onto leveling blocks as needed, try to get it as close to perfect as possible. Then I install my 'X' chocks, unhook and level front to back using the power tongue jack. For me it works best to keep the front just slightly high. Then I put down the electric stabilizers onto jack pads, rear first raising the rear just enough to make it perfectly level front to back. This takes a tiny amount of weight off the springs, making for a more solid feel when walking in the trailer. Then I put down the front stabilizers just to where they are solidly in contact with the jack pads on the ground, gravel or pad. Then I put the slide out.
Although the electric stabilizers do absolutely nothing to help with side to side leveling, they do give the unit a solid footing and prevent any movement when the slide is extended. Using this procedure, I've never had the trailer go off level.
KenNTennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 05:46 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenNTennessee View Post
I have found the following sequence works for me. I level side to side by pulling or backing onto leveling blocks as needed, try to get it as close to perfect as possible. Then I install my 'X' chocks, unhook and level front to back using the power tongue jack. For me it works best to keep the front just slightly high. Then I put down the electric stabilizers onto jack pads, rear first raising the rear just enough to make it perfectly level front to back. This takes a tiny amount of weight off the springs, making for a more solid feel when walking in the trailer. Then I put down the front stabilizers just to where they are solidly in contact with the jack pads on the ground, gravel or pad. Then I put the slide out.
Although the electric stabilizers do absolutely nothing to help with side to side leveling, they do give the unit a solid footing and prevent any movement when the slide is extended. Using this procedure, I've never had the trailer go off level.

Thanks for the Tip I will try this trip - we leave tomorrow - I will try to remember to report back