Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2016, 10:11 AM   #1

Smile Opinions on Heritage Glen

I am looking at a HG 276RLIS, my wife really likes the floor plan. I currently have an Open range TT and enjoy it but wanting to go with a 5er. Is there any difference between the HG brand and other FR trailers in the same price range? Any advice would be appreciated.
ledunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 10:43 AM   #2

Wow what a small world,we also sold our T/T and started the process of looking for a 5th wheel.We had focus on the FR Flagstaff classic lite series due to the bedroom slide feature and the sofa pullout to a queen.The residential refer was also a nice touch plus the 48" screen TV,located at a angle to were all could watch from different angles.One big draw back for us was the lack of 50 amp,and no Washer/Dryer on board.So we moved over to looking at the FR Heritage Glenn 337BAR,currently across the US they both are selling into the 34-37,000 range.Hitch weight goes up on the 337BAR as does total weight from the flagstaff to the 337bar.So it might come down to weight for you as well.I hope our detective work as help you.
Bravo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:59 PM   #3

Thanks for the info, I'm fairly new to rving and go by what I learn from the forums.
ledunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 05:55 PM   #4
I go RV'ing not Camping

I really like the quality of my heritage glen. It seemed to me that it was a middle of the road quality for entry level price. You will find that Salem is similar as they are sister brands. Prime time was our other choice for a forest river product.

Hope that helps?
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:49 PM   #5

We have our Heritage Glen travel trailer and LOVE it so much. We have been talking about downsizing and living in this TT. The model number is 302FK, but when we measured our TT from the end to the front, not counting the tongue, it's actually 35 feet. I don't know why the model number states otherwise.
OBX Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 01:03 PM   #6

I have a HG Wildwood 5er (356QBQ) It is large (42.5 ft) and weighs about 13,000 lbs.
But we love it!.
Build quality isn't fabulous, but it is adequate. Hemisphere has an identical floorplan.
MOODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:20 PM   #7
GB

We have owned 4 RVs (Coleman, Alumalite and Outback) and compared to the other three, the quality of the Heritage Glen is lacking. You will find many on here that have great HG units and are well satisfied, and no matter the brand it's possible to get a lemon. Well I got the lemon. The unit is in the shop as of this post as it has been several times since we bought it. We missed most of the summer camping because of repair issues with the unit. Hoping for a better summer this year. I will stop short of telling you not to buy a HG, but as for me...never again. GB.
gbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:27 PM   #8

Opinions on Heritage Glen

Check the Salem Hemisphere also for comp.
It should be the same as HG with minor differences. Not sure of the price.

tlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 01:17 PM   #9

Just ordered HG 368RLBHK 5th wheel

I just ordered a 2016 Heritage Glen 368RLBHK 5th wheel after trading in a 2011 Jayco 5th wheel. we wanted the Outdoor Kitchen, the washer dryer hookup, 2 AC units and King Bed.

Would be interested in hearing any suggestions recommendations about the Forest River or Wildwood Traiuler since my other old trailers were Jayco and a Coachman Hybrid.

Jeff from Burlington Ont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 01:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Burlington Ont View Post
I just ordered a 2016 Heritage Glen 368RLBHK 5th wheel after trading in a 2011 Jayco 5th wheel. we wanted the Outdoor Kitchen, the washer dryer hookup, 2 AC units and King Bed.

Would be interested in hearing any suggestions recommendations about the Forest River or Wildwood Traiuler since my other old trailers were Jayco and a Coachman Hybrid.

My 356QBQ is identical in size and mostly the same as yours, except mine has the bedroom and a second bath in the rear.
But I like the kitchen island. Can't tell from pictures, but is there a sink in the outside kitchen?
Just be sure your truck can pull this beast. It's heavy, and going around corners means you have to really watch your clearances, especially as the back end swings around.
MOODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 02:21 PM   #11

Thanks for posting.. the OD Kitchen does not have a sink.. I was the one thing we would have liked, but the kitchen is smaller than other models.

I have had alot of comments from people in the past when I used my F150 to pull my 35ft/9800 lb Jayco 5th wheel. but I explained to them that it had 10 ply HD tires, Airbags and was factory built & upgraded for towing so it's new capacity is 13,500 lbs. The new trailer is only 10,600 lbs so I am going to try it locally in ontario in 2016 and look to upgrade to one of the completely new Ford 250/350 trucks coming out for the 2017 model year.
Jeff from Burlington Ont is offline   Reply With Quote