Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2009, 10:04 AM   #1

Thumbs up Our new Wildwood is resting comfortably

We picked up our new '09 WildwoodT29BHBSLE from the dealer yesterday. The storage in this unit is fantastic. We had a good pre-delivery walk thru a few minor things were taken care of. I am towing with an '06 Silverado, 3/4 ton, crew cab, 6.0L with 4.10 rear axle. I had them install a Blue Ox Sway Pro BXW1500 wdh. 1,500'tongue and 15,000' trlr wgt. The trailer weighs about 7,900 empty. I think it should weigh somewhere in the neighborhood of about 9,200-9,400' fully loaded. For the 10 mile ride from the dealer to storage I didn't even notice the trailer behind me. Spent yesterday afternoon putting some stuff into the new trailer and am going back shortly to continue. Unfortunately, first shakedown won't be until sometime in April. We bought it during the Detroit camper show. We had NO intentions of buying anything. We went to look at an Outback and a Laredo. When my wife walked in this unit she turned to me and said "buy it". Who was I to argue?

TV: '06 Silverado, 2500 HD, crew cab, Long Box, 6.0L gasser, 4.10 Rear Axel

A three year old bundle of energy, Chocolate Cocker Spaniel who goes by the name of Jake

A retired art teacher, Pat, who is a fantastic artist who is my better half.
buttsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:28 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Congrats on the new rig. It seems to happen that way.
We went to the Hershey 2006 Show on a Friday with no intentions of making a purchase. After walking through what seemed to be hundreds of units we liked the Georgetown 370. We returned the next day and before we knew it we were buying one. They actually sold three of those units in a 30 minute span. All three couple ended up inside the show vehicle together.
Enjoy your new unit, Spring is getting closer every day.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:06 PM   #3

We have the 2008 same model, my wife was sold on the storage in and out, U shaped dinette, flip flat screen, and she likes the back room. ours has worked well its first season. Fairly economical for the size.

hope you enjoy it
Old 02-26-2009, 08:49 PM   #4
Trailer Life Newbie

LOL it seems to be going around. I went to the RV show in Milwaukee specifically to see a KS Outback too, and I too ended up with a FR (Salem). I had no intentions of buying yet either, but had done enough research to know that the prices were great!
Old 02-28-2009, 10:53 PM   #5

Story sounds so familiar as well. We were looking at getting a 23' Roo hybrid but my wife hated the layout when we were actually in the unit. Instead we traded our pop-up for the Wildwood LE 29BHBS at the Cleveland IX RV show. Unfortunately, it has remained cold and usually snowy here in NE Ohio and I can only look at the outside of our new "Happy Camper" as it sits beside the drive on a slight slope. Can't wait until we can warm up here and open it up!!
kcalvin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:17 AM   #6

Congrats on your new Wildwood.
Keep us updated on how your shakedown trip goes; and post a few pics.

Happy camping,
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:01 AM   #7

to the Forest River Forums and congratulations on the new Wildwood.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:16 AM   #8

We just recently got a new Wildwood too! Congratulations!

403FB
2 cockapoos
3 grown children
1 principal and 1 computer programmer
nittingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:20 AM   #9

Congratulations

We just recently got a new Wildwood too! Congratulations!

403FB
2 cockapoos
3 grown children
1 principal and 1 computer programmer
nittingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:51 AM   #10

Our first trip with the new Wildwood was a short 3 nighter. All went well EXCEPT that the check valve on the city water intake decided that it didn't want to work. It's kind of funny watching the water shoot out from the city water hook up. Now I am waiting for the dealer to get that part from Forest River (warranty). Hopefully this will be a onetime problem. Other than that, we are extremely happy with our TT. Will be using it again in about 3 weeks.

TV: '06 Silverado, 2500 HD, crew cab, Long Box, 6.0L gasser, 4.10 Rear Axel

A three year old bundle of energy, Chocolate Cocker Spaniel who goes by the name of Jake

A retired art teacher, Pat, who is a fantastic artist who is my better half.
buttsdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood