Old 01-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
Perm site questions?

Bought a site 4yrs ago that already had a camper on it so have no experience with setup. Can anyone give me any pointers or possibly a checklist of some sort on what to do? Bought a 36' bhbs and need to get my old camper out and the new one in come April. Thanks!

e_dog4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
Here's one thing that i saw go dreadfully wrong at the CG where my son had a perm site: Don't try to support the unit on the stabilizer jacks and then try to remove the tires (so that they don't dry-rot. The stabilizers are not meant to take that loading. Someone in my son's CG tried, one corner gave-way, and by the time they had jacked it up and got the tires back on, the frame had torqued enough that the door wouldn't open or close properly. I would imagine that you could support the axles, like the tires would, and then remove the tires, but the stabilizers are not jacks!

Fire Instructor

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 Quad Cab w/Cummins Turbo Diesel, 2009 Rockwood 2607, and 3 'yaks!
300W of Suntech Solar, a Rogue MPT-3024 Controller, and a Xantrex PW2000 Inverter
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
Level your trailer left to right by shimming under the tires,your trailer axle is the weight center and should remain this way.Use the tonge jack to level the trailer front to back. Once it's level stack cinder blocks under the trailer's frame. I have 8 stacks under my trailer,(it's a 40 footer) 4 behind the wheels and and 4 in front. My trailer is not on cement so I used adjustable jacks as a stabilizer, the stacks tend sink after winter so I just snug up the jacks in spring. If your trailer is on a cement pad you can build your stacks closer to the frame and use 2 by 4s and shims to stabilize it. Just remember the wheels and tongue should support the trailers weight, as Fire Inspector stated you can cause alot of damage.
shabbona north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #4
I also use a combination of cinderblocks and stablizer jacks as well as a couple well placed cheap bottle jacks I also made 4cables that I loop around the frame about 5 feet on the front and the rear of the axels they are attached to ancors that I screw into the ground about a foot and a half I then tighten the cables up using turnbuckles this brings the whole thing together very nice and makes for a nice firm camper I go under and tighten everything up a couple times a summer
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
J2Detroit Are your cables pulling straight down or are they set at an angle?
shabbona north is offline   Reply With Quote