Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2015, 12:26 PM   #1

Picking up a 2016 wildwood 28dbud

We are buying our first rv in a weeks and a half. We are buying a brand new 2016 wildwood 28dbud. What are some accessories and cool customizing idea that everybody has? I'm sure after we pick it up I will have a ton more questions for you guys. Thanks in advance!
bigpapap046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:54 AM   #2

Wheel chocks are a must, you can get them at Walmart for 1/2 the price as your dealer.

I would buy a good quality sewer hose, the one that will come with your starter kit will not be pleasant to deal with. I bought mine at walmart, although I think they have a different style now. Mine is orange and brown, and I love it.

Rope lights are really nice to have, they help put light in the places your porch light doesn't hit too well.

ant poison, wasp spray and mosquito repellent, to leave in your camper. You will be amazed at how many camp grounds I go to and have to fight off ants at the picnic table, or when I open the power box that there is a wasps nest!

water hose pressure regulator is a must.

Every summer I buy a box of cheap-O' flash lights from walmart. They are those $1 led lights that come with the batteries already in them. A hole box will set you back about $14 and it's great for the kids as well.
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:20 AM   #3

A couple more things that are handy.

We bought a cheap broom to keep in the camper, that way as you get dirt and debris in your camper you can sweep it right out.

Another thing is a rubber entry mat to put at the entry of the door. It will keep from wearing your flooring right there as well as help keep some debris from spreading in your camper.

We have 2 small waste baskets 1 in the bathroom and one in the kitchen. Both are small enough to fit inside a tight spot.

If you like to cook in your oven, measure it and go buy pans that will fit in your oven. We love pizza, and a regular pizza pan wont fit in the oven, nor would my wives cookie sheets. So we bought cooking pans just for the camper.

Zip ties, S-hooks and string are always a good thing to have tucked away in a drawer. When camping there always seems to be a need for one of those 3 items.

Buy a variety pack of fuses. It's always nice to have fuses on hand. I believe you have the same jack as me, and you will blow the 15 amp fuse on the jack eventually. It's handy to have spares!!!

I'm sure I will think of more stuff! Congrats on the new camper! Have fun and enjoy it!
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:31 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the new DBud...I'm watching a walkthrough on Youtube on it.

Little upgrades will be a big part of your life...especially in the winter months when you're going crazy from not camping! TIP: Amazon Prime is a huge money saver from shipping costs.

Be aware that NOT all sewage systems/hoses brands work with other ones. So whatever you get make sure you check it all out before you are out there camping. (As with anything new you add to the camper.) Just one of my many "What the heck?" moments from out camping!! And it's better to have too many than not enough to reach the darn drain!! (Yep, another WTH moment...had to disconnect and go find a store with that one.)
8-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:32 AM   #5

I would add roof vent covers and screens for furnace & hot water heater. To help keep the dirt out add some entry step rugs. A good basic set of tools and spare fuses are a must.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 02:13 PM   #6

A drill with bits and a set of screws comes in handy especially with a new camper. I would also get a porch mat for under your awning. They have these especially for that purpose or you can go to Home depot and get a piece of outdoor carpet. A set of x-chocks are great to have. You will also need leveling blocks. The list is endless. I named my first TT "USS Money Pit".
2018 F250 Lariat (ok but I miss my F150)

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:01 PM   #7

1.Sewer hose look into the Poly Chute online.
2. Furnace vent covers.
3. Small plastic storage container for cleaning supplys.
4. Rug for the inside and outside to keep your camper as clean a possible.
5. Disposal gloves.
6. White water hose at least 25feet.
7. Surge protector with 25 foot electrical line.
8. Water splitter with a pressure reducing valve.
jaba1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:34 PM   #8

Thanks for all of the great advice so far. We are really excited to go pick up the camper next week.
bigpapap046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 12:33 PM   #9

Congrats on the Dbud. We love ours and often get to spend time with the grandkids. They like the bunks!

One of my first mods was to put shelves in the small closet between the bunks and the refrig. Put in 3 shelves and picked up nice pantry space.

Enjoy the new camper

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
RiverBird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood