Old 02-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #11

Being your first time take notes on some of the stuff that he points out. When towing just remember that you have something else back there that will push you. And make sure you get a electric brake and it is adjusted right

2013 25 nites 2017 19 nites
2014 14 nites
2015 16 nites
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #12

Also bought an electric brake

Old 02-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #13

Congrats on new t/t. Wife and I just got our first, a coachman 292 on saturday. They went through everything pretty thourgh. Felt very comfortable. Also set up my hitch and electric brake. Guy doing pdi suggested not to skimp on electric brake and get a good one. He set me up and had no problems towing it home, even in white out conditions at points. I have a 2005 f150 lariat 4x4 supercrew 5.4 v8. Had no problems pulling it. Good Luck and have fun.

2013 Coachman 292BHDS
2005 F150 Lariat SuperCrew 4x4
1 spoiled lab and 1 even more spoiled boxer
pkurek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:16 PM   #14
Site Team

Ditto on checking out everything. Lighting the oven can be challenging so make sure you can do it. Bring along a couple of good flashlights, take pictures or video (smart phone) and get good notes.

As you come across problems & tips here on the forums dot down some notes or copy & paste into a word document and print it out to keep in the RV.

Like others here, the first time I tried to unhitch I had trouble with getting it off the ball. It was not a one-time problem. I have since then learn a couple of tricks and things to look for.

Hitching up: If the slider does not slide down easily to lock, the ball might be a tad too far back in the coupler. Try lowing the ball and moving the truck forward a tiny bit. Some people will push against the truck bumper to move it.

Unhitching: I used to have trouble but the problem went away once I learn not to have the truck in park with the parking brake on.

Good luck and remember we love pictures.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #15

I have the same camper and have been very happy with it. If this is your first camper my advice would be to ask as many questions as possible. If something isn't clear then ask. When we bought our first camper the dealer was very thorough with the walk through and it helped a ton. When we bought the 26 TBSS the walk through was more of a test to make sure everything was right and functioned. I know you are excited to share the experience with your family but could you find a sitter for a few hours for the walk through? Kids aren't likely to enjoy 3 hours of camper talk and having you and your significant other able to focus will help. I'll never tell her this but my wife occasionally remembers things I don't. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask her or pm me!
Old 04-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #16

I agree with BriBoy01 don't take the kids. You want to know as much about you TT up front and the kids running around are a distraction. We picked-up our 26TBSS back in Feb. and have only gotten to use it twice since but when travel ball is over I believe its going to get worn out.

2013 Wildwood 26TBSS
2014 Ram 1500 Express CC
2013 Days camped 13
2014 Days camped 14
racecar67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #17

I was unable to make the PDI inspection, so I created a list of questions for my wife to ask, and had her create videos of the entire process with her iphone. She did a good job of asking all the questions and getting it all captured.

One thing that had me for a bit was the power awning. It went straight out. There was a label that stated easy pull pitch adjuster, but I was afraid to pull on it hard enough to adjust it at first. The other bar (top bar) is under a stain holding the awning up, and sways. I was afraid the top bar was going to break. During your PDI, ask them to full extend the awning, if possible, and show you how to adjust the pitch.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:15 PM   #18

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask here. We will gladly help you out.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:52 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankm2 View Post
One thing that had me for a bit was the power awning. It went straight out. There was a label that stated easy pull pitch adjuster, but I was afraid to pull on it hard enough to adjust it at first. The other bar (top bar) is under a stain holding the awning up, and sways. I was afraid the top bar was going to break. During your PDI, ask them to full extend the awning, if possible, and show you how to adjust the pitch.

You know whats funny is when we picked ours up and went throught the PDI process, I asked about changing the pitch on the awning and the guy look at me funny and said you can't. When I got it home and was checking everything out that was when I saw the decals on the lower arms stating that.

2013 Wildwood 26TBSS
2014 Ram 1500 Express CC
2013 Days camped 13
2014 Days camped 14
racecar67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #20

What awning do you guys have?

We bought our 26TBSS this past fall and used it once, we leave in a day in a half for our annual Memorial Day spring kick off trip to Ricketts Glen state park.....

Anyway...I have a power awning. Didn't think of it till right now.....don't think it had any adjustment options for pitch or to stabilize it (in windy conditions)..??