Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2014, 03:08 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 511
Did they even look underneath at the axles and check the camber on the axle?
__________________

__________________
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:16 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 13
Of couse not, and this was after he told me 4 hours earlier that it was an axle alignment problem. I live 7 hours from the dealer so it was a major burden to detour to dealer location only to be told to take it up with the Chinese tire manufacturer. I am glad I bought the Maxxis radials because they are not junk. But do not intend to pay $400 when they wear out in 6 months without a battle with dealer and Forest River.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
roberttlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:16 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Brother Les's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BoCoMo
Posts: 1,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberttlh View Post
Not happy because I made a detour to show Dealer's Service Rep the tire wear -- 4 hours out of my way - and when I arrived and he saw all 4 tires going bald on inside tread, he quickly said it was a tire problem or overloading or low tire pressures. Trailer has never been overloaded in 6 months and i always maintain tire pressure at 50 pounds per specs on trailer. If my new tires show the same wear pattern, I intend to take the dealer to task; that is why I kept the old tires. I am lucky to have myself as a trial lawyer with consumer class actionbexperience. I still believe rhe Chinese bias-ply tires are crap and the nitrogen-filled tires to be a gimic of the first order. Otherwise, we really like the Wildwood-X.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Everyone will all agree that the original tires are 'crap'..... 'but'..... crap or not, they will not all wear the way they are unless there is an alignment problem. You should not pull your unit with your new tires until you get your alignment problem fixed. Call the Deal owner and tell him you want the unit alignment fixed and you want an adjustment on the tires that you just bought. You were lied to by the 'Service Rep' and you need to go higher.... 1) Dealer owner.... 2) Court ?.....
__________________
Brother Les

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:20 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 13
I agree but it is a 200 mile drive one way from Key West to Dealer and no Forest River dealers in between. I enjoy a good battle.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
roberttlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:23 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Brother Les's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BoCoMo
Posts: 1,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberttlh View Post
Of couse not, and this was after he told me 4 hours earlier that it was an axle alignment problem. I live 7 hours from the dealer so it was a major burden to detour to dealer location only to be told to take it up with the Chinese tire manufacturer. I am glad I bought the Maxxis radials because they are not junk. But do not intend to pay $400 when they wear out in 6 months without a battle with dealer and Forest River.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
This was an issue (not tire issue) that I had when I needed something fixed on my unit. Spend the better part of two days taking it to a Dealer to far away for warranty work, or take it to a local Dealer that I have worked with all my life and trust. It was all around cheaper to take it 10 minutes away and pick it up later. If there is some type of alignment shop that can fix it, that may be an option. Talk to the Dealer first and put him on notice that you had talked to the 'Service Rep' and that he lied to you and that you want to be reimbursed.
__________________
Brother Les

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:27 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
Everyone will all agree that the original tires are 'crap'..... 'but'..... crap or not, they will not all wear the way they are unless there is an alignment problem. You should not pull your unit with your new tires until you get your alignment problem fixed. Call the Deal owner and tell him you want the unit alignment fixed and you want an adjustment on the tires that you just bought. You were lied to by the 'Service Rep' and you need to go higher.... 1) Dealer owner.... 2) Court ?.....

Good advice. You're definitely getting the run around. It's not right that you should have to fix it yourself but for the sake of not wearing out perfectly good tires I agree that you should try and find a place that does trailer alignment work. Then take the bill to the dealer and see if you can get reimbursed. Doubt you will but you never know. By going to the alignment place and having them physically show you why the tires are wearing then you have recourse. Right now you are just getting hung out to dry.

It really sounds like you just have undersized axles or the camber is not right. It's not all that common to find undersized axles on some TT's. But more than likely the axle are weak.

This is why I hate LIppert products. But Lippert has themselves so ingrained in the RV market that virtually no trailer is without some product that Lippert is part of. I read RVBusiness daily and at least once a month or maybe two months there's an article about Lippert acquiring another company that makes products for RV's It's just a shame.
__________________
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:28 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Brother Les's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BoCoMo
Posts: 1,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberttlh View Post
I agree but it is a 200 mile drive one way from Key West to Dealer and no Forest River dealers in between. I enjoy a good battle.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
1) too far away to get problem fixed.

2) 'winning' battles are fine. But all is 'fair' in war.... ie. the SOB sDealer may fix or gloss over the alignment issue, but what other things on your unit will he mess with..... when dealing with a sDealer, in the end you will lose more than the one or two battles that you win.

I would suggest getting a third party involved and get the sDealer to pay for it. I would not trust the sDealer to fix the alignment problem
__________________
Brother Les

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:34 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 511
FWIW have you called Lippert or FR? FR may just shift the blame to Lippert.
__________________
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:46 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
KMP44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Central New York
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberttlh View Post
I agree but it is a 200 mile drive one way from Key West to Dealer and no Forest River dealers in between. I enjoy a good battle.
If all you're looking for is "a good battle" have it. If the dealer never even submitted a request for warranty work to FR, I don't know how they would be liable for anything, and as soon as you say one word about legal action, they (like almost all companies today) will likely shut down any/all communications on the subject which does nothing to help get the issue fixed.

If you want to get your trailer fixed and go back to camping, I would take the advice already offered and find a local shop that does commercial trailer service. These types of places usually specialize in trailer alignment work. Get them to take some measurements and then bypass the dealer and contact the FR warranty rep directly with the results and ask them to cover the cost of the repair.
__________________


2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:47 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
If all you're looking for is "a good battle" have it. If the dealer never even submitted a request for warranty work to FR, I don't know how they would be liable for anything, and as soon as you say one word about legal action, they (like almost all companies today) will likely shut down and/all communications on the subject which does nothing to help get the issue fixed.

If you want to get your trailer fixed and go back to camping, I would take the advice already offered and find a local shop that does commercial trailer service. These types of places usually specialize in trailer alignment work. Get them to take some measurements and then bypass the dealer and contact the FR warranty rep directly with the results and ask them to cover the cost of the repair.
I agree.

Turbs
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014, tire, wildwood

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 PM.