Old 01-07-2015, 11:07 PM   #41
I do believe that forest river is a crock. Bought my 2014 and had inside tire wear. Dealer said they had to replace both axles. I have not had a chance to use my camper enough to see any tire wear since they replaced the axles. But for a company to have so many people with the same problem you would think they would put a recall out and take care of the problem. I am sure that come spring I too will have to take it to a trailer alignment shop to get it properly fixed at my expense after paying 20000 for my travel trailer. Yeah I ain't happy with forest river and I will not buy another Forest river pile of junk.

happyttowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:01 AM   #42
What axles came on the unit and what was the problem with them? Your main argument is with Lippert not FR. Do you have Dexter or Alco? The axles are mounted on the frame already when FR gets them.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:21 AM   #43
Forest River has nothing to do with the problem. Every manufacturer uses the same axle. One good hit to a curb when turning or hitting potholes can cause them to bend out of alignment. Same as hitting a curb while turning with a car..
GOTTOYS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:16 AM   #44
After several long trips after replacing the factory installed bias ply crappie tires with quality radials, no abnormal tire wear at all! I recommend putting radials on at time of purchase and insist that dealer pay for the tires.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

roberttlh is offline   Reply With Quote

2014, tire, wildwood